Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-08-2019, 12:03 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Passing the torch...

this board seems to be a little dead these days.... however, as a long time reader, since the late 90's... I just don't give up..

With LB's current health issues - and age... we gotta hope LB brings back another encore.... however, reality sets in - and creativity must prevail... which seems to be what he has worked for his whole career.

who would you like to see him mentor to continue his legacy? Whether it be musicianship, producing, co-writing, etc...

I think he would do wonders with Alejandro Aranda — and Alejandro would further LB's craft and influence - and his finger strum is right on par with LB.

Thoughts?

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it
Old 12-08-2019, 12:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I would have to think about this, but with 3 kids you would think he gets exposure to new, fresh music occasionally. I wonder which younger artists he favors.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I would have to think about this, but with 3 kids you would think he gets exposure to new, fresh music occasionally. I wonder which younger artists he favors.
The new Vampire Weekend album is so inspired by Lindsey, I think.

That said, Lindsey is an iconoclast. You can't recreate what he achieved through Fleetwood Mac or through his solo career, no matter how much influence both will always have on music artists.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 12-13-2019 at 10:18 AM..
Old 12-13-2019, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
THAT was the name of the band I was trying to remember!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-14-2019, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Other than Keith Olsen, the only producer I know of who has produced Lindsey (without Lindsey co-producing) is Jon Brion (three songs on this soundtrack album): https://www.discogs.com/Various-This...elease/5477711

Brion is a major talent and would be a great collaborator if Lindsey is healthy enough to work but not able to sing. Brion does a lot of instrumental film scoring, so maybe that's a route Lindsey could take if he can't sing.
Old 12-14-2019, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Other than Keith Olsen, the only producer I know of who has produced Lindsey (without Lindsey co-producing) is Jon Brion (three songs on this soundtrack album): https://www.discogs.com/Various-This...elease/5477711

Brion is a major talent and would be a great collaborator if Lindsey is healthy enough to work but not able to sing. Brion does a lot of instrumental film scoring, so maybe that's a route Lindsey could take if he can't sing.
Agreed. Those are his best sounding songs since the GOS session tracks. I hope they work together again as well and always hoped he would have been the outside producer tagged for a Mac album.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 12-14-2019, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post

there is also Mitchell Froom for some of those original 2012 FM tracks which rolled into BuckVie. but Froom looks currently otherwise occupied as keyboardist at the massive 2020 Crowded House arena world tour.

and yeah, Rob Cavallo produced original GOS tracks were pretty great!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-14-2019, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post

That said, Lindsey is an iconoclast. You can't recreate what he achieved through Fleetwood Mac or through his solo career, no matter how much influence both will always have on music artists.
yep - i even heard a lot of referring to at least 2 of the songs on that album as "that Lindsey Buckingham sounding song" or "Lindsey Buckingham homage" song.

i saw VW live this summer - they were pretty great!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"