Old 11-11-2019, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I would LOVE this to be the case

I’m really hoping for the same thing.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My guess is there is little good news to discuss.

With that said, I'm hoping that they made a decision to not discuss anything until after the new year. Take a whole year off from music to simplay recover and remove that stresser. Then in 2020 get on with the show.

But that's probably me just trying to be optimistic. I'll continue to believe that if the album hasn't come out yet, it's because he believes he can tour behind it, or still believes it's possible.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:01 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I wonder how Lindsey is doing? We haven't heard anything in awhile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm guessing that there's no good news, in regards to his voice.
I hope Lindsey is doing well, continuing to recover, and working in his studio if able.

If there is nothing to report, there is no news.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
you're likely right, but wouldn't it be great if in fact his voice was actually getting better, and they're just not telling anyone because it'll be such a great surprise when he's suddenly booked on some show or something and comes out and sings?? Now THAT would make a great story, get all sorts of media attention, and THEN he could drop his album? It would be such a fantastic comeback story.
But if you look at the quality of his voice the past few years, even if they got him back to, say.....75%, it's still going to be down from what little range he was still working with.

That said, I'd be happy with his whispering/yelling.
Old 11-15-2019, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw him live last March and he sang well. Wasn't thrilled about the pre-recorded backing tracks but he put on a very good show.

I do hope he is able top recover from this and make more music.
Old 11-15-2019, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But if you look at the quality of his voice the past few years, even if they got him back to, say.....75%, it's still going to be down from what little range he was still working with.

That said, I'd be happy with his whispering/yelling.
He once had an indescribably sweet voice when he was harmonizing with people, but I haven't looked to him for that in years. Part of it is that he lost his range, but part of it is he is a wacky guy who likes to do odd things with his voice. Mick once complained that Lindsey would spend hours trying to make his guitar sound like a violin. Well, that's the same guy who really doesn't want to sing when he can scream and yelp and growl.

I remember when the Under The Skin tour started and he would croon Not Too Late very softly and boast that he wanted to start his set off gently. By the end of the tour he was yelling Not Too Late. He couldn't help it.

So, it's been a long time since I thought I was going to hear him sing. I agree with you. If he can whisper or put out a gravelly rasp, I would be most grateful for it.

You know Cher is unlike Stevie in that she has a very protective streak about Sonny. Cher will put him down herself, but she doesn't like other people doing it. So, you know Sonny had this horrible whiny, nasal voice and an interviewer pointed that out to Cher and she got irritated and said, "Well what kind of voice does Bob Dylan have?" Sure Bob Dylan is so profound he doesn't have to know how to sing. I am not sure Sonny was that profound (although I love his music), but anyway, my point is, Lindsey's voice is not that important to me, especially for a solo tour. I don't care how he sounds.

I have memories of him with those women that make me cry. Memories of Farmer's Daughter, Say You Love Me, Rhiannon and how beautiful they were singing together. But those people are dead.

I don't care about Lindsey being able to sing. If he can grunt, that's enough for me.

Michele
Old 11-15-2019, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
He once had an indescribably sweet voice when he was harmonizing with people, but I haven't looked to him for that in years. Part of it is that he lost his range, but part of it is he is a wacky guy who likes to do odd things with his voice. Mick once complained that Lindsey would spend hours trying to make his guitar sound like a violin. Well, that's the same guy who really doesn't want to sing when he can scream and yelp and growl.

I remember when the Under The Skin tour started and he would croon Not Too Late very softly and boast that he wanted to start his set off gently. By the end of the tour he was yelling Not Too Late. He couldn't help it.

So, it's been a long time since I thought I was going to hear him sing. I agree with you. If he can whisper or put out a gravelly rasp, I would be most grateful for it.

You know Cher is unlike Stevie in that she has a very protective streak about Sonny. Cher will put him down herself, but she doesn't like other people doing it. So, you know Sonny had this horrible whiny, nasal voice and an interviewer pointed that out to Cher and she got irritated and said, "Well what kind of voice does Bob Dylan have?" Sure Bob Dylan is so profound he doesn't have to know how to sing. I am not sure Sonny was that profound (although I love his music), but anyway, my point is, Lindsey's voice is not that important to me, especially for a solo tour. I don't care how he sounds.

I have memories of him with those women that make me cry. Memories of Farmer's Daughter, Say You Love Me, Rhiannon and how beautiful they were singing together. But those people are dead.

I don't care about Lindsey being able to sing. If he can grunt, that's enough for me.

Michele

Ok, I'll bite. Would you say that to Bob Dylan?

Not just the vocals between those three, but his guitar playing on their songs. No one else plays Rhiannon the way he does (no, not even Waddy); no one plays on Dreams like he does, or Landslide like he does, no matter how carefully they try to emulate him.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Not just the vocals between those three, but his guitar playing on their songs. No one else plays Rhiannon the way he does (no, not even Waddy); no one plays on Dreams like he does, or Landslide like he does, no matter how carefully they try to emulate him.
Totally agree---or how Neil tries to actually imitate him, specifically on "The Chain" and "GYOW".
Old 11-16-2019, 02:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Bob Dylan? Words can't describe how much I've come to hate that woman. I'll stop without further description...

TRULY, if there was an instrumental sound that defines the SOUND of FM, it's his guitar playing. He has a style like no other. A sound that made them unique.

THEY'D HAVE BEEN FORGOTTEN IN THE LATE 70'S WITHOUT HIM. #ingrates
Old 11-16-2019, 02:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
I guess he'll always have that punk side. I didn't like it back in the day. Not sure I do now. But it's his style.

Stevie ain't no Cher. Stevie cares about one person. Her own spoiled ass.

Back in the Mirage days, his "lower 5th"(harmony) with Christine and Goat was spot on. That was their peak, IMO.

I'd take whatever he could give us now, but it shouldn't be embarrassing for him. I'm sure he'd rather not go out like that. As long as he's happy with his family, I'm good, for the most part.
Old 11-16-2019, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I guess he'll always have that punk side. I didn't like it back in the day. Not sure I do now. But it's his style.

Stevie ain't no Cher. Stevie cares about one person. Her own spoiled ass.

Back in the Mirage days, his "lower 5th"(harmony) with Christine and Goat was spot on. That was their peak, IMO.

I'd take whatever he could give us now, but it shouldn't be embarrassing for him. I'm sure he'd rather not go out like that. As long as he's happy with his family, I'm good, for the most part.
That's the thing. I don't think he would want to go out like this, with his last tour tainted by his firing from FM and his health issues. It's like he's letting them win, which I'm sure it's not the message he wants to give through his work.
Maybe things are getting better and he's waiting for these as*holes to finish their lame tour, while working on his new album.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 11-17-2019, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Bob Dylan? Words can't describe how much I've come to hate that woman. I'll stop without further description...

TRULY, if there was an instrumental sound that defines the SOUND of FM, it's his guitar playing. He has a style like no other. A sound that made them unique.

THEY'D HAVE BEEN FORGOTTEN IN THE LATE 70'S WITHOUT HIM. #ingrates
I agree but can't say anything but will get banned for another six months for saying NOTHING. Other say WAY worse then me, it's ridiculous.
Old 11-17-2019, 01:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I agree but can't say anything but will get banned for another six months for saying NOTHING. Other say WAY worse then me, it's ridiculous.
I'm sorry.