User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-08-2019, 02:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Default This week in 1984....

I was listening to the top 40 countdown yesterday on the 80s channel and Go Insane was #24 this week in 1984. Nina Blackwood stated she saw Lindsey solo in concert and was blown away.
So many fantastic songs peaked and were bogged down in the 20 something position on the charts this week. Besides Go Insane, Laura Brannigan's "Lucky One" peaked this week at #20, The Fixx, Are We Ourselves was at #19.
Old 10-17-2019, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I was listening to the top 40 countdown yesterday on the 80s channel and Go Insane was #24 this week in 1984. Nina Blackwood stated she saw Lindsey solo in concert and was blown away.
So many fantastic songs peaked and were bogged down in the 20 something position on the charts this week. Besides Go Insane, Laura Brannigan's "Lucky One" peaked this week at #20, The Fixx, Are We Ourselves was at #19.
I remember when I bought Go Insane the day it was out at Wherehouse or Tower or one of those chains. I bought the cassette so I could pop it into my Chevy Blazer cassette deck on the way home. That alarm clock went off, followed by the sotto voce a-musical chanting “I want you (I have for so long)/I want you (Was I right? Was I wrong?)/I want you. . .” and then finally those I-V-IV chords on a million different synthesizers, cascading down the cabin, catchy as all hell. I think my butt was dancing in my driver seat. I remember saying out loud to myself on the drive, “This is so much cooler than Bella Donna.”

Bang the Drum and DW Suite were instant cinematic classics in my Chevy—nobody was doing that level of musical technology combined with such a powerful emotional center. It was bardic. Lindsey was like a caged bird set free in 1984.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-17-2019, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember when I picked up Go Insane the day it was released and instantly loved the album. Slow Dancing become a quick favorite. I thought to myself how much the vocals sounded like Fleetwood Mac at its best.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was a bad fan by then. I was absolutely obsessed from White-Mirage, Bella Donna and Wild Heart, and Law and Order(my favorite LB album), and Christine's self titled album...

I was growing up by then(Go Insane-yes, same time frame as Christine's - stfu), and friends were making fun of me for my fandom(I remember that someone in an audio "studio class" asked me about my favorite drummers - I mentioned Mick, and they laughed at me). So I ventured out into other musical areas for a few years. And it took me until The Dance to fully come back into....obsession.

Well, adult obsession. Being an adult sucks, because you finally see what terrible human beings most of them are. Your heroes are bitches and assholes...
Old 10-18-2019, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I remember when I picked up Go Insane the day it was released and instantly loved the album. Slow Dancing become a quick favorite. I thought to myself how much the vocals sounded like Fleetwood Mac at its best.
While I love the song Go Insane, I have often wondered if Slow Dancing would have been the better lead single off the album. It had a much better video too.

Have to laugh because did not Lindsey say Go Insane era was much to do with his break up with his long time crazy girlfriend. The last line "she's a lot like you" must have been directed at Stevie!
Old 10-18-2019, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post

Have to laugh because did not Lindsey say Go Insane era was much to do with his break up with his long time crazy girlfriend. The last line "she's a lot like you" must have been directed at Stevie!

Yes and yes....it was definitely directed to Stevie.