User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-13-2019, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I had nothing to do with your banning. Further, I don't even know why you were banned.

I do know that not liking Stevie's outfits is ok here. She wears the same damn ridiculous looking outfit and stumbles around on stage in those ugly boots. If you disagree with me, you're allowed to disagree with me.

If you want to know the details of what you did to get banned, ask Michele.
Michele or whoever it was that banned me wrote a comment quoting my post "****ing hypocrite" and said "name calling of members not allowed here, especially profane ones".
Edit: Love the boots, but at her age and with her obvious arthritis in her hands, she should be wearing flats so as not to get arthritic feet.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Michele or whoever it was that banned me wrote a comment quoting my post "****ing hypocrite" and said "name calling of members not allowed here, especially profane ones".
Edit: Love the boots, but at her age and with her obvious arthritis in her hands, she should be wearing flats so as not to get arthritic feet.
Well, I'm glad you're back. I don't mind disagreement.

To answer your question. I don't think Christine has the guts to do solo album and tour anymore. I could be wrong. But, I do think BuckVie did ruffle feathers of another member. It might have been one of the final straws of getting FM together without her.

But, I think what finally drove $tevie to oust LB was their backstage behavior. i.e. Their personal interactions backstage and in meetings.
Old 08-14-2019, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I might start a separate thread on this. But do you think if BuckVie had been shelved in favour of solo albums, Lindsey would still be in this band?
No. Stevie long wanted Lindsey out, but once Christine left in 1998 couldn't pull that trigger – until Christine returned and the band completed a full-lineup reunion tour to re-establish her membership in the group.

If anything, Buckingham McVie–and the scheduled-long-in-advance MusiCares ceremony–only prolonged Lindsey's tenure.

Last edited by cbBen; 08-14-2019 at 08:20 PM..
Old 08-14-2019, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
No. Stevie long wanted Lindsey out, but once Christine left in 1998 couldn't pull that trigger – until Christine returned and the band completed a full-lineup reunion tour to re-establish her membership in the group.

If anything, Buckingham McVie–and the scheduled-long-in-advance MusiCares ceremony–only prolonged Lindsey's tenure.
She was ready to kick him out the moment Christine re-joined the band. It was very well orchestrated by that evil little witch.

At the end, she got what she wanted, right? Right? Maybe not. Maybe all she wanted was Lindsey’s undivided attention and now she got nothing.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
She was ready to kick him out the moment Christine re-joined the band. It was very well orchestrated by that evil little witch.

At the end, she got what she wanted, right? Right? Maybe not. Maybe all she wanted was Lindsey’s undivided attention and now she got nothing.
I take issue with this. Stevie is not physically little, for a start. In fact she is a teeny bit fat.

On your other points, she was incredibly happy at the 02 Arena in 2013 with Lindsey AND Christine, I highly doubt in 2013 she was thinking about kicking Lindsey out.

She didn't want Lindsey's undivided attention. She wants him to go away, isn't it obvious. I think all the thigh touching and shoulder tapping in interviews as recently at 2015 just goes to show she was trying to make him feel uncomfortable.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I take issue with this. Stevie is not physically little, for a start. In fact she is a teeny bit fat.

On your other points, she was incredibly happy at the 02 Arena in 2013 with Lindsey AND Christine, I highly doubt in 2013 she was thinking about kicking Lindsey out.

She didn't want Lindsey's undivided attention. She wants him to go away, isn't it obvious. I think all the thigh touching and shoulder tapping in interviews as recently at 2015 just goes to show she was trying to make him feel uncomfortable.
$he's only 5'1", for starters. THAT can constitute "little". But, you're right, and wrong. $he's more than a little bit fat. There's a reason Mama only wears black. $he got big belly and massive ego to hide under that black circus tent!

$he USED to put on the fake romance show with Lindsey. For whatever reason, $he decided that $he didn't want to do that any longer. Instead, $he'd rather DIVA out, and get the F*CKING CREATIVE force of FM fired.

Old goat RUINED their legacy.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Wow, the hypocrisy, are you body-shaming the self-anointed queen? I thought it was in poor taste to discuss the physical appearance of the band members?

When will this ****ing tour be over. I've had enough.
Old 08-18-2019, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Who says she was "incredible happy" at the 02 Arena in 2013? No matter what she says all the time: she's a very good actress.

Yes, she has always craved for Lindsey's attention. All the time. While Lindsey and Christine where doing their Buckingham McVie routine during GYOW at Musicares, that thing with the bat, Stevie was waving at Lindsey like crazy, trying to get his attention. She was jealous of his newfound relationship with Christine. And she got tired and fired him.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 08-18-2019, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Who says she was "incredible happy" at the 02 Arena in 2013? No matter what she says all the time: she's a very good actress.

Yes, she has always craved for Lindsey's attention. All the time. While Lindsey and Christine where doing their Buckingham McVie routine during GYOW at Musicares, that thing with the bat, Stevie was waving at Lindsey like crazy, trying to get his attention. She was jealous of his newfound relationship with Christine. And she got tired and fired him.
No one has to say it. Observe:

I don't know. Stevie craving Lindsey? Surely you jest.

Newfound relationship? With someone he has known for 45 years? Right.

Fired him? So we're insisting on the narrative that the Welsh witch has mystic hiring and firing powers as well as her Rhiannon exorcisms? Right. Mick fired Lindsey and brought John along with him basically by telling him to shut up. No wonder John always looks grumpy at photo shoots with Mike and Neil.
Old 08-18-2019, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
Wow, the hypocrisy, are you body-shaming the self-anointed queen? I thought it was in poor taste to discuss the physical appearance of the band members?

When will this ****ing tour be over. I've had enough.
I don't know who said it was in poor taste but I really don't care.

Stevie - a bit fat
Lindsey - jeans are too tight
Christine - too much fake tan
Mick - can't stop getting his balls out at 72
John - never smiles or talks, never shaves
Sharon - looking very old these days
Lori - can the red hair already
Mimi - looking even older than Sharon
Brett - is he even there anymore?

Hell, that Japanese drummer is the only good sort they've had over the past fifteen years. Oh and Harry Styles - who as I said elsewhere, can have a head job anytime.
Old 08-18-2019, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Thank you for posting this awesome video. This is one performance I'll never get tired of seeing. Remember how excited we were? The roar of the crowd says it all.
Old 08-18-2019, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

One of my most beautiful memories.

Of course, when we got here we all had a big argument, didn’t we? We were fighting about the rumor that they all wanted Christine to play more, but Lindsey would not let her.
Old 08-18-2019, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
One of my most beautiful memories.
I also thought of you as I was writing that post.Have I ever told you how much I appreciate you?
Old 08-18-2019, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No one has to say it. Observe:

I don't know. Stevie craving Lindsey? Surely you jest.

Newfound relationship? With someone he has known for 45 years? Right.

Fired him? So we're insisting on the narrative that the Welsh witch has mystic hiring and firing powers as well as her Rhiannon exorcisms? Right. Mick fired Lindsey and brought John along with him basically by telling him to shut up. No wonder John always looks grumpy at photo shoots with Mike and Neil.
You don’t need mystic powers to fire someone...
Old 08-19-2019, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I also thought of you as I was writing that post.Have I ever told you how much I appreciate you?
And I you, except for the fact that you couldn’t find that article about Christine selling her music catalog and getting millions and millions of dollars for it.

I screamed my head off for Christine’s appearance that night. I still smile at their mock bemusement seeing the piano on the stage and wondering why it was there.