Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-26-2018, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Blue Light

Has there been any mention at any of the shows in regard to when the new album might be out?
Old 12-26-2018, 07:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
Has there been any mention at any of the shows in regard to when the new album might be out?
Late 2019: "We are gonna come with a new album sometime near the end of next year."–Lindsey Buckingham 12/5/18, Boston

Last edited by cbBen; 12-26-2018 at 11:01 AM..
Old 12-26-2018, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Late 2019: "We are gonna come with a new album sometime near the end of next year."–Lindsey Buckingham 12/5/18, Boston
yup. he said it from the stage and at the number of meet and greets. which kinda makes me worried that end of 2019 will be pushed to spring 2020. i hope he proves me wrong!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-27-2018, 07:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yup. he said it from the stage and at the number of meet and greets. which kinda makes me worried that end of 2019 will be pushed to spring 2020. i hope he proves me wrong!
Yep--"end of 2019" definitely means "middle of 2020, at the earliest" in Lindseyland.
But at least if FM is out of the picture there shouldn't be any foot-dragging on that front.

Although from what he's been saying, the new album itself is basically "ready to go." (Maybe he's delaying it for as long as possible to prevent confusion with Paul Simon's album. )

I also expect he would be coming up with some material (or at least seeds for new material) while on this tour, not to mention all the emotional fuel and narrative fodder that this year's events would likely be pouring into his creative crockpot.

With that in mind, whether the supposed 12 month timeline for the "Blue Light" release is due to tour logistics or what have you, here's hoping that either he keeps the pace up with these new album releases, or that any inordinate gaps are due to other productive and cool projects and collaborations.
Old 12-27-2018, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Regardless of how long it takes him, you know it's going to be good. He doesn't put out bad music.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
It might be early 2020.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wonder what will happen now?
(Has anything been said about the album coming out independently, or on another label? I definitely get the vibe that his solo deal with Atlantic is no more).
Old 02-09-2019, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
Wonder what will happen now?
(Has anything been said about the album coming out independently, or on another label? I definitely get the vibe that his solo deal with Atlantic is no more).
i think his solo deal with Atlantic is still very much on, at least it was at the end of his last tour leg from everything he was telling people at m&gs.

i would think that for now everything is on hold till they see how his recovery will be progressing.

although i guess album if almost done can still come out this fall or early next year even if he cannot tour it at the time, or perhaps tour it ever if his voice doesn't recover.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-10-2019, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If he feels he can recover and tour behind it, I’d expect them to delay the release until he’s ready. If he’s not confident he’ll be able to tour again or within the next 18 months they’ll release it sooner.

So (oddly) let’s hope the release is delayed.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So (oddly) let’s hope the release is delayed.[/QUOTE]

Yes...I agree I never thought I would hope for a delay but I sure do. I was thinking about how fortunate I’ve been to have all of this great music from him if indeed he doesn’t recover. The Fleetwood Mac years and his solo work will live forever. This last tour was my favorite solo tour of his and so glad I was there. Prayers are with you Mr. Buckingham!
Old 02-11-2019, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i think his solo deal with Atlantic is still very much on, at least it was at the end of his last tour leg from everything he was telling people at m&gs.

i would think that for now everything is on hold till they see how his recovery will be progressing.

although i guess album if almost done can still come out this fall or early next year even if he cannot tour it at the time, or perhaps tour it ever if his voice doesn't recover.
Was the album still not quite done? I had thought that the word was it was completely finished already. Yes, I expect you are right, they could still release it on time regardless of whether he felt ready to go out for it yet or not. Hopefully he will make a full, healthy recovery soon with no lasting damage to any of his parts and pieces.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Was the album still not quite done? I had thought that the word was it was completely finished already. Yes, I expect you are right, they could still release it on time regardless of whether he felt ready to go out for it yet or not. Hopefully he will make a full, healthy recovery soon with no lasting damage to any of his parts and pieces.
i think Lindsey was telling fans at m&gs that it's about done, but the label wanted to add something or other before the release.

to that!