User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-26-2006, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Bob answered my question(what a great, down to earth , guy he is ). He says the publisher doesn't HAVE to get the writer's permission, although it's considered courteous to do so. It also depends on the percentage of publishing ownership.
That was the best explanation of publishing/royalties that I've heard yet. I actually think I understand it a bit. As often as "Don't Stop" has been played over the years, can you imagine how much money Chris has made off just that 1 song alone? Thanks for posting, Homer.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
That was the best explanation of publishing/royalties that I've heard yet. I actually think I understand it a bit. As often as "Don't Stop" has been played over the years, can you imagine how much money Chris has made off just that 1 song alone? Thanks for posting, Homer.
I can imagine that her place in Kent isnt exactly a tin shack.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
I can imagine that her place in Kent isnt exactly a tin shack.
Not exactly. It is huge. There is very brief footage of the grounds of her estate on the video clips on her website. She's described it as being about as big as the rest of the village where she lives. She also owns a fancy, expensive apartment in London as well.
Old 06-03-2006, 06:16 PM
Senior Ledgie

The publisher of Christine's stuff is Fleetwood Mac Music. I don't remember who owns that though! Howerver, I'll bet Mick has an ownership credit towards it.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
I figured I'd post it here in case some of you don't venture over to the Chitchat board & the 42 page Idol thread.

It was during a medley with the top 6 guys last night. I thought it was fine, but others think they butchered it. It's also featured in one of those Ford commercials they make them do every week (I think the commercial is probably up on www.americanidol.com - now that was pretty cheesy.

I've been wanting to hear a FM song on American Idol sang right. I was still excited to hear the song even though I wasn't totally impressed with the singing. I did like it a little when the guys sang it. I didn't like it at all when Taylor and Kat sang it during the commericial. Maybe its because I can't stand Katharine
Old 06-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Sentimental Lady was used in a commercial recently. I asked Bob if he had to give his permission to use it, or if they just had to pay him, and that was all.

He never answered my question........ (I'm telling myself he just didn't see it.......)
If you asked him on his online forum, he probably hasn't seen it yet or hasn't had time to reply. He's usually pretty good about getting back to you within a few days. At least he was the two times I posted questions on there.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinyRules
If you asked him on his online forum, he probably hasn't seen it yet or hasn't had time to reply. He's usually pretty good about getting back to you within a few days. At least he was the two times I posted questions on there.
I'm guessing he was just busy at the time.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinyRules
If you'd read the rest of the posts, he did answer the question.