User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Mick also added in his account in his book that it was not the first time Lindsey had done this to Stevie.
That's what bothered me the most. If it was just one time on a highly emotional night that's one thing, but if there was a history of things like that then ...... she made a good choice by breaking up with him.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Don't you think you should read the book first and then decide what her intentions in writing it were?
If you go back a few pages you would see that's exactly what I planned on doing.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mick also added in his account in his book that it was not the first time Lindsey had done this to Stevie.
I thought Mick merely speculated as to whether it had happened before? I'll check when I get home.

I would have thought that Ms Harris would have to be very careful about what she says or Lindsey's lawyers will be all over her like a rash.

It's a difficult one this because you can't really slam the book without reading it first. But I'll have to buy it to read it so whatever I think of it she still gets the money.

I personally will read it because I'd like to read something about the band that I don't already know. I think it comes down to where she places the emphasis. Will she dwell on the seemier side of their history or will she paint a full picture?

Gail
Old 05-23-2007, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i never did read mick's pile of crap. however, i may pick this one up simply for beach reading material. after all, it does come out the weekend of july 4th what cracks me up is you can buy it in conjunction with stevie's crystal visions on amazon.com and save!
Old 05-23-2007, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
All through the 80's I've been talking to people in the Mac camp and heard from several sources that the incident in August of '87 wasn't the first time. Judy Wong told me that he used to slap Stevie and his own manager (Michael Brocaw at the time) told me that Stevie could be such a beeyotch at times that Lindsey slapped her. He also said that he kicked her in the ankles on stage because he felt she was stealing his spotlight. About that night in August of '87 Michael said that he didn't push her over a hood of a car but kicked her and pushed her against the garage door (it was all her fault of course).
However, I talked to Lindsey about Mick's book and that episode and he became very, very sad. He said that it never happened, it was ugly but it never happened that way. IMHO the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I think he did have a temper and that he did hit Stevie and CAH. I'm not trying to make him out as a "wife beater" but I do think he couldn't keep his paws to himself at times. Don't get me wrong, I love Linds but he shouldn't have done that.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 05-23-2007, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^
that hurts my everything.

I read Mick's book a couple times, the Edward Wincenstein books and I'll read this one too. I'm anxious to see, as Gailh points out, how Carol paints the picture...how she spins everything.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie View Post
i never did read mick's pile of crap.
Smart move.

Quote:
what cracks me up is you can buy it in conjunction with stevie's crystal visions on amazon.com and save!
Thank gawd I am not the only one that had to laugh about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
IMHO the truth lies somewhere in the middle.
That's what I'd say also. Lindsey sure is no saint, but neither was Stevie, I am sure they got on each other's nerves quite a lot. Getting physical is definitely not the answer, but I get that sometimes your anger gets the best of you. I sure have slapped and kicked when I was so pissed I couldn't see straight anymore. Stevie has admitted she 'attacked' him also, so yeah, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Don't you think you should read the book first and then decide what her intentions in writing it were?
I think that there are few people here who would not do the same thing if they were in her position. I'm sure she's getting a nice chunk of change.
isn't that what Vanessa and others have said?

at this point, everything is speculation until we all read the book.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
^^^

I read Mick's book a couple times, the Edward Wincenstein books and I'll read this one too. I'm anxious to see, as Gailh points out, how Carol paints the picture...how she spins everything.
I think the book essentially will praise FM and her experiences in it. I think the quote from her shows that. I think the violence will be the selling point though.

I'd also bet La Nicks' people are the larger force behind stopping this publication. She and her management are very careful of how she is perceived.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 05-23-2007, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I'd also bet La Nicks' people are the larger force behind stopping this publication. She and her management are very careful of how she is perceived.
Judging from the amount of chapters titles that are deriven from her song titles I'm sure she will make an appearance in CAH's 'story'. I doubt it will be flattering.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Judging from the amount of chapters titles that are deriven from her song titles I'm sure she will make an appearance in CAH's 'story'. I doubt it will be flattering.
all the more reason for Stevie to release her memoirs.

from the horse's mouth, so to speak. a fabulously drenched in chiffon horse, of course.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
all the more reason for Stevie to release her memoirs.

from the horse's mouth, so to speak. a fabulously drenched in chiffon horse, of course.
Shut up. That would totally make me go fangirl. Complete with squees and OMG's.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:25 PM
Registered

Quote:
^^^

1. Who is Edward Wincenstein? I can't find him on Amazon.com. (Is he an inside joke?)

2. Has anyone read Leah Furman's book RUMOURS EXPOSED: THE UNAUTHORIZED BIOGRAPHY OF FLEETWOOD MAC (pub date 2000) ??

Does she have anything to say about Carol Ann's presence?? Or the infamous day in August 1987??

(I am just curious. I see that book for sale on Ebay quite often.)
Old 05-23-2007, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
I thought Mick merely speculated as to whether it had happened before? I'll check when I get home.
Gail
I stand corrected:

Page 218 "the it got physical. Lindsey grabbed Stevie and slpped her and bent her backwards over the hood of his car. Was he going to hit her again? He'd done it before"

Gail
Old 05-23-2007, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee Dee View Post
1. Who is Edward Wincenstein? I can't find him on Amazon.com. (Is he an inside joke?)

2. Has anyone read Leah Furman's book RUMOURS EXPOSED: THE UNAUTHORIZED BIOGRAPHY OF FLEETWOOD MAC (pub date 2000) ??

Does she have anything to say about Carol Ann's presence?? Or the infamous day in August 1987??

(I am just curious. I see that book for sale on Ebay quite often.)
1. A waste of space

2. Yes - crap. She does mention the infamous day but doesn't mention any violence

Gail