User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
They are hot live. I'd love to see Lindsey with them, though I'm sure he wouldn't be open to the suggestion -- which is irritating, considering he played guitar for Carrie Underwood. Grrr.

What I don't like about them is after what they went through, they still support the boycotting of other artists. They should be the last people to say don't buy Reba or Toby's music if you don't like their politics. Instead, they're the first people to say that. They actually seem as much in favor of censorship as their detractors are. They annoy me, especially Natalie.

But the album was great and so was the doc Shut Up and Sing.

Stevie said she first fell in love with them hearing There's Your Trouble and I was the same way. I loved that one over their other hits.

Michele
I LOVE Shut up and Sing!!! I love when Natalie called GWB a "dumb f**k." Seriously though, that album is so amazing. I need to see them live. I may have to suffer through Urban!!!

Ive never heard "Theres Your Trouble". Need to DL.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
They are hot live. I'd love to see Lindsey with them, though I'm sure he wouldn't be open to the suggestion -- which is irritating, considering he played guitar for Carrie Underwood. Grrr.

What I don't like about them is after what they went through, they still support the boycotting of other artists. They should be the last people to say don't buy Reba or Toby's music if you don't like their politics. Instead, they're the first people to say that. They actually seem as much in favor of censorship as their detractors are. They annoy me, especially Natalie.

But the album was great and so was the doc Shut Up and Sing.

Stevie said she first fell in love with them hearing There's Your Trouble and I was the same way. I loved that one over their other hits.

Michele
Oh and one more thing..."easy silence" is heartbreaking.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
^^^My understanding is that his sales in 2009 after his death, alone, paid off his debt.
Nope, not even close. Now if his estate received the whole gross over
everything sold, his debt would probably be paid. The estate is so far
in debt, that this new Sony deal is being used as collateral to try and secure
or renegotiate a loan so that with time they'll be able to pay everyone off.
His line of creditors are a mile long.

(sorry for the off-topic "Michael" mention)
Old 03-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Dixie Chicks Team With Eagles for First Tour in Four Years
Rolling Stone
I thought the stadium tour was originally supposed to be the Eagles with Fleetwood Mac. Don't let him get back together with Glenn Frey. ...
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdail...in-four-years/
Old 03-17-2010, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Oh and one more thing..."easy silence" is heartbreaking.
Oh, please! My dad had a stroke and couldn't talk the last 3.5 months of his life, before he died, so you know when I listen to that cd in the car, I'm just driving around thinking and crying. It's crazy.

There's Your Trouble is poppy, not thoughtful. But, um, you know when Stevie said that she liked it, it made me ruminate on shippy things, so . . . I liked it even more after that. I am helpless.

Michele
Old 03-17-2010, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I bought a KU live dvd, because it was cheap, and I now think he's boring. I've watched it one time.
I almost wanted to print "Take your cat and leave my sweater," on mugs. It was sooo good.

Oh, seeing people live can kill you. I was a big Sarah McLachlan fan, but watching her live drained all the life out of her songs. And it wasn't the sound. She still sounded good. It was looking at her, standing there all dull.

So, I wonder if the Dixie Chicks are going to come out at the end of the show and do encores with the Eagles. The Eagles have some great songs, but don't do them justice in concert. The Chicks could change that.

I'm not going to this show, but it really sounds 10x better than an FM/Eagles pairing would have been.

Michele
Old 03-18-2010, 01:39 AM
Registered

So, The Eagles got both The Dixie Chicks and Keith Urban for less money than they would have had to pay Fleetwood Mac. And it's so much safer for The Eagles.
The Eagles don't have that decades-long competition thing with the Chicks and KU, like with Fleetwood Mac. There's no chance of The Eagles being upstaged, simply because The Dixie Chicks and KU don't have their 'status' of being a mega band for 35 years, so even if the Chicks and KU put on better sets, The Eagles are still the star headliners.
I think LB and Miss Nicks would have naturally out-performed Henley and Frey, and with LB's competitive edge along with SN's crowd-pleasing stage presence, The Eagles would've looked dull in comparison, because they just play note-for-note what the albums sounded like, they were never performers, in my opinion. So, Natalie seems to be 'a performer', maybe KU seems to be, too. But still, they aren't on the level of The Eagles, as Fleetwood Mac is. I think Henley et all can stand being outperformed by lesser stars, but they would've hated for Stevie and Lindsey to wind up stealing their same thunder. It's ok for the 'new kids' like KU and The Chicks.
So glad Fleetwood Mac is not doing the tour. Notice how The Eagles didn't have the balls to maybe do a co-headlining tour with Aerosmith, newly regrouped and actually their own peers?
It's lame. The Eagles headlining a yee-haw country music tour. Pus*ies
Old 03-18-2010, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^
Don didn't mind opening for Stevie.

It's not my cup of tea, but this tour with the DC and Urban is a good move for the Eagles, imo.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
I think LB and Miss Nicks would have naturally out-performed Henley and Frey, and with LB's competitive edge along with SN's crowd-pleasing stage presence, The Eagles would've looked dull in comparison, because they just play note-for-note what the albums sounded like, they were never performers, in my opinion. So, Natalie seems to be 'a performer', maybe KU seems to be, too. But still, they aren't on the level of The Eagles, as Fleetwood Mac is. I think Henley et all can stand being outperformed by lesser stars, but they would've hated for Stevie and Lindsey to wind up stealing their same thunder. It's ok for the 'new kids' like KU and The Chicks.
For one tour, Cher used to close her shows with Heartache Tonight and she was so much better at it than the Eagles. Yeah, Natalie could bring down the house doing that one to close the show with the Eagles. I can get chills imagining it.

Michele
Old 03-19-2010, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I bought a KU live dvd, because it was cheap, and I now think he's boring. I've watched it one time.
That was probably the show filmed mostly at Rupp Arena.

I've seen KU a few times and always thinks he puts on a pretty good show. Although I think his newer material (last two studio albums) have been sub par compared to his previous releases.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Senior Ledgie

maybe a good thing this deal never went thru

eagles teamed up w dixie chicks and keith urban... i bought some tix for the show at the meadowlands june 10 - in fact a few too many tix and have been having a hard time getting rid of them- even below face value, as it seems the venue now even dropping prices to try and sell tix, so i went to one of the eagle fan sites ( no where as polished as THE LEDGE) and see that concerts planned in both philadelphia and hershey for mid june were cxld because of poor ticket sales - not good

that said , i think a concert w both Fleetwood Mac and eagles would have probably sold better than just eagles and whoever
Old 06-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
maybe a good thing this deal never went thru

eagles teamed up w dixie chicks and keith urban... i bought some tix for the show at the meadowlands june 10 - in fact a few too many tix and have been having a hard time getting rid of them- even below face value, as it seems the venue now even dropping prices to try and sell tix, so i went to one of the eagle fan sites ( no where as polished as THE LEDGE) and see that concerts planned in both philadelphia and hershey for mid june were cxld because of poor ticket sales - not good

that said , i think a concert w both Fleetwood Mac and eagles would have probably sold better than just eagles and whoever
Well the Eagles seem to always be touring. Their album came out almost 3 years ago and they're still going on it. So maybe that has something to do with the lack of interest.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Since I'm probably one of the few ledgies on here that loves country music along with Stevie Nicks and FM.
I like The Dixie Chicks and KU,I went to see KU last year ,His show was ok,but it sounded like a rock concert.I think he played louder then Stevie and FM.
I think if the Fleetwood Mac country version of Rumours if it happens would of pulled off on this combo tour would of been a sell out.I can see Lindsey teaming up with KU on "Go your own way" Stevie teaming up with again with the Dixie Chicks with Landslide. Stevie and Don could sneak in some solo tunes like "Leather and Lace"

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Since I'm probably one of the few ledgies on here that loves country music along with Stevie Nicks and FM.
I like The Dixie Chicks and KU,I went to see KU last year ,His show was ok,but it sounded like a rock concert.I think he played louder then Stevie and FM.
"I" would be the OTHER country music loving Ledgie. Love me some Dixie Chicks(honestly, other than FM, Dixie Chicks are the only female artists I listen to), but meh on Keith Urban. I got his Live dvd, and was incredibly bored by it(on the other hand, I've got all the DC's dvds, they freakin' rock!).

On the rock concert volume issue, yes, most of the new country, is barely even country at all, musically, lyrically, or production wise. I do sound for a lot of these guys. Jason Aldean did two AC/DC covers!!! I mean COME THE FU*K ON!!!!! AC/DC???? Fu*k you, Jason Aldean! If you think you're country, you're full of sh*t!

BTW, if you like country country, omg, get the David Nail CD!!! A friend gave it to me, two weeks ago, and I've listened to it NON STOP since. I did monitors for him Friday night, and it was an incredible show! He's my new favorite artist.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Registered

In my opinion, country music- since the 90's-- has approximated the feel of rock and pop music, there aren't many new rock stars, but there seems to be tons of new country stars, and they are now promoted, marketed, the same way the rock acts of the 70s were- tons of media saturation, lots of radio airplay, and the acts play the big stadiums.
I don't dislike or like country music, to me, a good voice or a good song can transcend genre, but I don't really appreciate how country has become the force that rock once was and the country touring bands, in the worst case scenario, sometimes border on 'This Is Spinal Tap' special effects on stage.
Someone wrote that this Eagles tour is tanking in some markets? I think they've kind of worn out their welcome in the big dollar arenas, haven't they been doing this since 'Hell Freezes Over' circa 1994? Sixteen YEARS is a long time to milk 'we're baaack!!' Though, to the credit of The Eagles, they did release a well-received cd of new music 'Long Road...Eden' whatever- I have the ltd. edition red copy with some bonus tracks, or maybe it's just deluxe packaging- but I've never made it past five songs on the cd, it just didn't hold my interest, but that's probably ADD, I'll spin it again!