The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-06-2024, 11:45 AM

Default Article re: Buckingham open to return to FM

I know this came from the Conan, but here is an article.

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/lindsey...L6lgTIzif8K4s0
Old 02-06-2024, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Thanks for posting
He has said this before so its not really new. However I see it as another olive branch. I have never wanted to be so wrong. I predicted it would happen as far back as 2018. I hope it does not happen. John probably could not do it. Stevie and Lindsey still could tour and probably Mick too. Its just not Fleetwood Mac without Chris. But I think that time has passed and Stevie realizes her mistake and may want to turn a page in time and give Fleetwood Mac a proper burial goodbye.
I love how much Lindsey has changed over the years and appreciating playing with the Mac. Clearly he has enough money. He does it for the love of playing. Love that. But I am against it and hope it never happens.
Old 02-06-2024, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope it never happens. John is done, and Chris is dead, and Old Goatsy fired Lindsey. IT'S OVER. ACCEPT IT, Mick.
Old 02-06-2024, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I find it sad in a pathetic kind of way that he’s still talking about being open to a reunion even with Christine gone. The Lindsey I remember would want to just let it be.

Maybe Buckingham Nicks featuring Mick Fleetwood could happen, but Fleetwood Mac is done.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-06-2024, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LB says of his firing: "There’s no fingers to point at anyone, really"--

Ummmmm....
Old 02-06-2024, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe the band, under Lindsey's direction, could do AI-generated songs they believe Christine could have written and sung had she been there.

I mean the options are limitless and oh so exciting.

(I'm being sarcastic.)

Last edited by aleuzzi; 02-06-2024 at 05:29 PM..
Old 02-06-2024, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not so sure Lindsey actually wants to join FM again, but it shows a level of maturity that he's willing to forgive, unlike Stevie. Once again, Lindsey and Stevie have completely reversed course. In many ways, they are complete opposites, and the years have made that divide even broader. They both are different people than they were in the 70-80s for better or worse. My thoughts are Lindsey just doesn't want to be the one at fault for the demise of the band in the matter that it happened. At this point it beyond any point of the band getting back together. Lindsey and Stevie could still do a BuckNicks reunion, but that would be a slap in the face to the fans that wanted a better ending for the band. Let sleeping dogs lie and put it to rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Thanks for posting
He has said this before so its not really new. However I see it as another olive branch. I have never wanted to be so wrong. I predicted it would happen as far back as 2018. I hope it does not happen. John probably could not do it. Stevie and Lindsey still could tour and probably Mick too. Its just not Fleetwood Mac without Chris. But I think that time has passed and Stevie realizes her mistake and may want to turn a page in time and give Fleetwood Mac a proper burial goodbye.
I love how much Lindsey has changed over the years and appreciating playing with the Mac. Clearly he has enough money. He does it for the love of playing. Love that. But I am against it and hope it never happens.
Old 02-06-2024, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

Ummmmm....
Man, he looks PATHETIC. Tusk Lindsey would kick this Lindsey right in her nether regions. What a sad ending to our band.
Old 02-06-2024, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
I'm not so sure Lindsey actually wants to join FM again, but it shows a level of maturity that he's willing to forgive, unlike Stevie. Once again, Lindsey and Stevie have completely reversed course. In many ways, they are complete opposites, and the years have made that divide even broader. They both are different people than they were in the 70-80s for better or worse. My thoughts are Lindsey just doesn't want to be the one at fault for the demise of the band in the matter that it happened. At this point it beyond any point of the band getting back together. Lindsey and Stevie could still do a BuckNicks reunion, but that would be a slap in the face to the fans that wanted a better ending for the band. Let sleeping dogs lie and put it to rest.
Near death experiences humble people. I think when it happened right after his firing changed him. When he recovered he had an entirely different outlook on life. He is not bitter, holds no grudges and is at peace.

Mick will need money at some point and I can hear him begging Stevie to do one last thing for him. Mick is living off his RRHOF award sale, Rumours band proceeds, a few bucks from Mac album sales, and anything else he auctioned off. That wont last long.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-06-2024 at 03:40 PM..
Old 02-06-2024, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=SteveMacD;1292092]
Quote:
Maybe Buckingham Nicks featuring Mick Fleetwood could happen, but Fleetwood Mac is done.
Quite done. The McVies—one of them is still with us but completely inactive. Nicks—she is a solo touring act that obviously has no further interest in her old band. Buckingham—has some juice in him and the inclination to do something-or-other. Fleetwood—even the manic Fleetwood is slowing down and not filling his every waking hour with music projects. The only thing I see happening at this stage is a Buckingham–Fleetwood gig or series of gigs at the clubs (Zoo style), with the two of them whomping around with one final rock and roll push before the retirement home. It actually could be kinda fun to witness. They could throw caution (and vapid psychologizing) to the wind and blast their way through “Bwana” and “Second Hand News” and “The Right Place to Fade.” In fact, the latter would make the perfect final performance.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-06-2024, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I find it sad in a pathetic kind of way that he’s still talking about being open to a reunion even with Christine gone. The Lindsey I remember would want to just let it be.

^^^This part.
Old 02-06-2024, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
^^^This part.
But never Stevie and Lindsey. EVER.
Old 02-06-2024, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Thanks for posting
Not sure I believe she feels this way at all. Not sure why he would be extending that olive branch.... guilt over past stuff??? At this point, let it go dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I hope it never happens. John is done, and Chris is dead, and Old Goatsy fired Lindsey. IT'S OVER. ACCEPT IT, Mick.
Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

Quote:

Ummmmm....
Both of these things are puzzling.... Is it just a very Lindsey thing that HE didn't get to control the ending and that's what bothers him?? Does he feel like he owes her something or like he's guilty or something?? It's very, very weird his backtracking on this and like... gaslighting all of the world about what happened. Let.it.go.
Old 02-07-2024, 02:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

Both of these things are puzzling.... Is it just a very Lindsey thing that HE didn't get to control the ending and that's what bothers him?? Does he feel like he owes her something or like he's guilty or something?? It's very, very weird his backtracking on this and like... gaslighting all of the world about what happened. Let.it.go.
I think he's embarrassed. That his heart attack made him realize that maybe he's an @ss(at least to CRAZY STEVIE, who deserves every ounce of his vitriol! But I digress... lol). That he doesn't want to die, being remembered as an asshole. He wants to die on top of the game...

But, "Dear Lindsey, is too late for that now. The window has closed. You've got to learn to live with it. It's over."

And you did win. You finally got rid of that crazy @#%%&. Congrats!
Old 02-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Surely he wanted to sound polite, but I think he should have refrained from saying that. Or the only decent explanation for this quote is that he knows something we don't. I always find ridiculous that the reason Stevie wanted the band to fire Lindsey was that story about the 2018 Musicares Gala. There had to be more than that, IMHO. And "that" could mean Lindsey did something more that bothered Stevie a lot, something really serious. Or she has mental problems and the band (yes the 3 members) agreed for money reasons.

And I agree that at this point is ridiculous and pathetic about they could be thinking in a reunion. War is over. Sorry, Fleetwood Mac is over .