Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Australia?

I don't suppose there is any word, or if anybody would have any thoughts on when FM are likely to come to Australia? I've just booked an overseas trip for the whole of November and now I'm in a constant state of panic...
Old 02-03-2013, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Either November or December is my best guess.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

did Mick say perhaps even beginning of 2014 recently?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-03-2013, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
did Mick say perhaps even beginning of 2014 recently?
I sure hope not.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
I sure hope not.
But Mick did say they could do Glastonbury in 2014, so don't think you're taking LB back that year.

Michele
Old 02-03-2013, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But Mick did say they could do Glastonbury in 2014, so don't think you're taking LB back that year.

Michele
Ah, but Mick is just saying what he wants to happen, hoping it will come true. I suspect he has SN to convince first.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ah, but Mick is just saying what he wants to happen, hoping it will come true. I suspect he has SN to convince first.
If the money is good, I could see them doing Glastonbury, but it might just be a one-off even if it happens.

Speaking seriously, I do see this tour lasting beyond 2013, but it can't take up all of 2014 or even half of it. I mean, I don't think they'd have an audience to extend it beyond that.

Michele
Old 02-03-2013, 11:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If the money is good, I could see them doing Glastonbury, but it might just be a one-off even if it happens.

Speaking seriously, I do see this tour lasting beyond 2013, but it can't take up all of 2014 or even half of it. I mean, I don't think they'd have an audience to extend it beyond that.

Michele
But they seem to be heading to UK/Europe earlier than Unleashed, why do you think it would take longer? I can't see it going past 2013 myself.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But they seem to be heading to UK/Europe earlier than Unleashed, why do you think it would take longer? I can't see it going past 2013 myself.
because i convinced Lindsey there are other countries in Europe besides the British Isles and few cities on the very tip of the west coast of the continent?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-04-2013, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^ that said i do want LB solo back in 2014. i guess second half of the year would do just fine.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Because I don't think they are playing everywhere they can in the United States. I think they could come back here after Europe. They still have left out some of the places they usually hit.

Michele
Old 02-04-2013, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
because i convinced Lindsey there are other countries in Europe besides the British Isles and few cities on the very tip of the west coast of the continent?
So we have you to blame for 2014 if it happens?
Old 02-04-2013, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Because I don't think they are playing everywhere they can in the United States. I think they could come back here after Europe. They still have left out some of the places they usually hit.

Michele
I don't know why, but it would surprise me if they did more dates. They may not be hitting the same places, but aren't they doing about the same number of shows as UL?
Old 02-04-2013, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They may not be hitting the same places, but aren't they doing about the same number of shows as UL?
No, they're doing less (even counting the overseas dates that I know are still coming). But for comparison's sake, I don't know how it matches up venue size wise. I mean, I'm not sure if they're playing bigger venues this time around or not to make up the difference.

I know for California I really was shocked that they chose only the Hollywood Bowl for Los Angeles. But then with the new round of dates they just added with the Staples Center and San Diego, they now seem to be more on par for what they usually do for Southern California.

Michele
Old 05-22-2013, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wed 22nd May, 2013 in International News Faster Louder
[Click to see the image]

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/...rmed-by-pixels

Does a pixelated image posted on Live Nation’s Facebook wall confirm that Fleetwood Mac will be touring Australia in 2013?

So far only North American and European dates have been announced for the band’s world tour – their first since 2009 – but Stevie Nicks recently told Rolling Stone they were planning a whopping 15 shows in Australia this year. Now thanks to the magic of Photoshop and some super sleuthing from forum member liquidtopaz3 it looks likely that Live Nation will be announcing that tour imminently.

The administrator of Live Nation’s Facebook page posted the following pixelated image along with a note reading: “I’ve got some news I’m bursting to tell you, but this is all the boss is letting me share with you. I’ll try to gouge some more info for you tomorrow.” It looks suspiciously like Fleetwood Mac’s new EP Extended Play, dontchya think?

Fleetwood Mac’s aptly titled Extended Play contains three new Lindsey Buckingham tracks – ‘Sad Angel’, ‘It Takes Time’ and ‘Miss Fantasy’ – and a revamped version of ‘Without You’, originally written by Stevie Nicks for the Buckingham Nicks project. It’s the Mac’s first new music since 2003’s Say You Will. “Big, long albums don’t seem to be what everybody wants these days,” Nicks said in a recent Billboard interview. But they haven’t entirely ruled out a full-length follow-up. ”[Let’s] see if the world does want more music from us,” Nicks said. “If we get that feeling, that they do want another 10 songs, we can reassess.”