The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:29 PM
Senior Ledgie

Like some of you, I could have gone to see them in Madison in '04, but I didn't--I thought it was too expensive. I would have literally been able to walk to the concert--what was I thinking? I have regretted it ever since. If I had known then how much I would spend on Unleashed tickets . . .

A
Old 11-18-2009, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl View Post
DavidMn, do you remember when you and I were both interviewed by Z-93 (A former Classic Rock station in Atlanta) before their show @ Phillip's Arena in 2003?
I sure do. How could I forget that! I remember the dj dude's eyes buggin out when I told him how many shows I was going to!
Old 11-19-2009, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw them twice on that tour, Buffalo NY on the first leg...I believe that was may 15th (im looking for the audience recording of that show if anyone has it, NOT the crap ALD version) I was a senior in high school with 15th row seats. I was beyond thrilled because last time I saw them, it was the dance tour and we were up in the nosebleeds with my parents. This time I was all on my own, took the train into buffalo (parked at UB's north campus). That was such a great time. I just remember being excited about heading off to college and my favorite band came to town and I had good seats. That spring, everything just felt like it was coming together. Very happy time.

The show itself I remember being really good and a lot of fun. This was still early in the tour and "Come" was still being a real problem. I remember Lindsey getting really frustrated because the intro kept getting messed up. I believe Stevie dedicated landslide and goodbye baby to buffalo, if memory serves me correctly.

On a side note, I remember protestors of some religious affiliation protesting outside the arena because they thought Stevie was a witch etc etc. This is not the first time they have protested either, I remember on the dance tour they were out there protesting as well. It's kind of this odd memory that gets tacked onto every mac concert i've attended in buffalo, they're always there.

The following year I saw them in cleveland at Blossom Music Center. I was just finishing my freshmen year at Kent State. It was deff. the highlight of my summer. Also got to meet a ledgie....Josh! I don't know if he will even remember but we stood next to each other for most of the show. I was in the 5th row and I think he was in the 8th?...but we both moved way up to the front, 2-3 people from the stage. This was the show where stevie thought she could smell fresh baked cookies and also got pissed at somebody smoking and blowing the smoke up to the stage. I remember watching her go to the edge of the stage and she was ranting to karen at her little wardrobe tent. The waving finger, the whole kaboodle...she was pissed. It was funny watching Stevie just turn it off almost instantly as she walked back into view onstage.

I had brought my Buckingham Nicks album with me, hoping to get it signed. I remember lindsey pointed at it right before the encore and motioned that he would be back to sign it but he was never able to get to it. I also got to touch his guitar during GYOW which was fantastic.

A huge and I mean HUGE thunderstorm rolled in right when Tusk Started...or at least this is when I noticed the storm because those poor little trees near the pavilion were literally blown over. There was some major wind, rain and lightening. Most of the lawn fled like crazy to their cars but a big chunk also squeezed under the pavilion.

I think the blossom show was right after some of the initial cancellations, but I remember everyone sounding pretty good. The twirls during stand back were bad ass, thats for sure.

Well, I won't ramble on any longer. Again, that was just a really fun period of time for everyone, especially here on the ledge.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw the Mac at DTE, 9-14-04, the last show of the tour. It was my first time seeing FM (I was 14) and I was so excited, I can't even tell you. I didn't even care that I was in row JJ (yes, I remember even without looking at my ticket lol).

What I remember most:
-Stevie saying that they had played in Detroit more than any other city so we were number 1 on their list.
-Stevie's intro to Beautiful Child, talking about the recording of Tusk being very "tribal" and saying there were shrunken heads and stuff.
-My drunken dad trying to run around the security guard, who looked in the position to tackle the **** out of him lol
-Crying during "Sara" when they showed the old video from the Tusk doc and I had my moment where I couldn't believe I was actually seeing Stevie live
-And *jumping jumping jumping* to GYOW-knocks over Dad's beer...(has capri's and flip flops on)...*pauses "f*@!...oh well." *jumping jumping jumping* some more.
-And Mick at the end saying something like, "After all these years I'm finally losing my balls."
Old 11-19-2009, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippilil86 View Post
Good grief. That's quite the story. I wish Fleetwood Mac would realize how dedicated their fans are.

My story that you quoted should have been in The Dance tour stories. I made a mistake and put in in this thread by error.