User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryHour View Post
I saw four shows on the SYW tour, and my best memory comes from the last of the four. I was right up against the stage in front of Lindsey, and I held up a sign that said "Real savage-like" during Tusk. I could see him eying it throughout the song, and when he had a moment he bent down to see it better. When he saw what it said, he excitedly shouted "Yeah!" off the mic, and then screamed that (on mic) during the song, which he hadn't done in AGES (or since?! ).
Oh, that is great. How exciting. Michele
Old 11-15-2009, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I saw four shows on the SYW tour, and my best memory comes from the last of the four. I was right up against the stage in front of Lindsey, and I held up a sign that said "Real savage-like" during Tusk. I could see him eying it throughout the song, and when he had a moment he bent down to see it better. When he saw what it said, he excitedly shouted "Yeah!" off the mic, and then screamed that (on mic) during the song, which he hadn't done in AGES (or since?! ).

I still get chills thinking about seeing the Stevie/Lindsey powerhouse that was Say Goodbye live. And also seeing Sara for the first time live was very emotional. I was underwhelmed by it on this tour because it was so phenomonal on that one.
that's a very cool story about Lindsey and Tusk...I would love to have seen that!

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 11-15-2009, 03:48 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
That sounds awesome!
One of those moments where I wished that I could've been there!
Old 11-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How cool is that? I would die because that's my favorite part of that song. Shoot, that's one of my favorite parts of any song. It's so random and I think he sounds so Cali when he says it (on the song). Good for you!!

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 11-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
And also seeing Sara for the first time live was very emotional. I was underwhelmed by it on this tour because it was so phenomonal on that one.
Ahh yes! I saw them front row in Jacksonville, FL in 2004... and Sara was incredible
Old 11-15-2009, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Saw two shows on this tour, WA and OR, both from front rows. First time seeing Mac in person. LB side in WA was the best; caught a smile during Gypsy guitar part, plucked a string on GYOW and got Mick sweat on me during World Turning vest solo. Very surreal seeing Mick and Lindsey that close.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I saw the band in Greenville, SC; Greensboro, NC; and Charlotte, NC... each show was about 6 months apart. The big highlights for me were getting to hear Beautiful Child and Sara... 2 songs I never thought I'd hear live. My favorite show was the Greenville one... it was one of their first dozen or so shows in the tour, and the band was very tight, and rocked hard. I loved the rocking way they did Silver Springs at the beginning of the tour... it was sped up to almost punk rock speed at the end, and Stevie totally tore it up... I loved it! It seems with each additional show the band had a little less energy, a little less passion, and fewer and fewer high notes were sung. By the time Charlotte rolled around toward the end of the tour, they were visibly tired. I can say I definitely feel the performances from this tour were absolutely more passionate than the videos I've seen from the Unleashed tour.

Something else that made an impression on me was how involved Lindsey was with the audience. He made eye contact, let people play his guitar, waved and pointed at people, and seemed to enjoy scanning the crowd to see what people were up to. He even pointed at me during Peacekeeper at the Greensboro show. Stevie on the other hand came across as very robotic... she stared straight out blankly making a point not to make eye contact or interact with anyone in the crowd. I suppose that's because she has some seriously nutty fans .
Were you following me? I went to all these shows, too. Front row for Charlotte.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:06 PM
Registered

Default Ot

Forgive me for this totally off-topic comment here, but:

"I love you for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with your hair"--

60 seconds ago, Rob Lowe to Calista Flockhart in a bald skull-cap on 'Brothers and Sisters' (Calista's character's cancer crap)...

Possibly the worst line of dialogue I have ever heard uttered in a 'quality' prime-time series. I doubt any daytime drama would have such inane drivel passing as writing. Brothers and Sisters just lost a viewer, forever, I think.
Oddly, though, I have a sudden urge to go play 'Gold And Braid'.....
Old 11-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
Saw two shows on this tour, WA and OR, both from front rows. First time seeing Mac in person. LB side in WA was the best; caught a smile during Gypsy guitar part, plucked a string on GYOW and got Mick sweat on me during World Turning vest solo. Very surreal seeing Mick and Lindsey that close.
I saw a show in Anaheim. I called Ticketmaster the day of the show & two seats in Row 1 came right up. Weird, weird. I thought Stevie Nicks was boring & on some sort of painkiller or some other drug, Lindsey Buckingham was really trying to keep things active & exciting, as was Mick Fleetwood. Everyone seemed sort of uncomfortable, & I myself wasn't enthusiastic. All the unnecessary noise onstage as well as all the screaming & animal behavior in the audience totally turned me off. I spent a good deal of time walking around the halls outside the main arena during the show, trying to recover my equilibrium by chatting with concession-stand personnel. When the band came back to the area the following year, I passed on attending.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-16-2009, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
My mom actually loved Fleetwood Mac/Stevie. I have a guess as to why they're weird about it.... :
LET'S see here, "Behind the Mask" came out when???
'90? '91?

Old 11-18-2009, 01:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
all the screaming & animal behavior in the audience totally turned me off.
Now, I'm offended.

Michele
Old 11-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Now, I'm offended.

Michele
NOT YOU. You do your yelling & screaming with tact & breeding.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-18-2009, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The second half of the first leg was really fun. It had gone from somewhat Serious FM to a much more fun, personal encounter with them. And I do remember one of our first front row experiences. I was with a friend and we got front row in Philadelphia. And we were standing b/w Stevie and Lindsey (which was a real tennis match, at times). I believe this was the second Philly show at the Wachovia (which was the FU at the time)...because that first show we were ALL the way back in second row (we all got so spoiled by that stuff, it's not even funny).

My friend sort of nudged me because you could clearly see Leelee and Will at the side of the stage. Leelee, in particular, seemed fascinated by Stevie's Gold Dust shawl and we were fascinated with her because she was adorable. Will was very serious and quiet. But, then they left mid-way through, if memory serves.

Later, I was singing along to something...and I had definitely been looking more at Stevie at that point than Lindsey, I will admit. It was only my second ever time at the stage and I was just awestruck and taking in all the little details you take in when you're up there--like exactly what those funky beads look like on her mic stand, her jewelry, her really rather ratty looking fishnets, the goodness that was the Granny Sweater. Anyway, I was singing along to something and screwed up the words. And I looked at Lindsey and he was laughing...right at me. And I laughed, and he laughed a bit harder. It was my first Lindsey moment (sigh). Later..my friend was warned about her camera so...what does a good FM fan do...but slip the camera to someone else to take pictures. Namely, me. And Lindsey was trying to stand as still as he ever does and look in our direction but I kept messing up and snapping at the wrong moment. I kept thinking...I'm certainly not doing anything to dispel the dumb blond myth.

It was great fun.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:13 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
I was at the WA show! We will need to meet up next time the Mac is in town . None of my friends will shell out the cash for front row seats so I always end up enjoying the shows from the jumbotron.

Did you see the Unleashed tour in Tacoma perhaps? Sorry if thats off topic...
Old 11-18-2009, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

DavidMn, do you remember when you and I were both interviewed by Z-93 (A former Classic Rock station in Atlanta) before their show @ Phillip's Arena in 2003?