User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Glasgow 22nd Oct. Ledgies Meet?

Hi everyone,

Sorry!! Of course I mean the 22nd! D'oh! I wish you could edit titles of posts...

Well, with just over a week to go now I thought it was time to start a thread for those of us who are going to the Glasgow gig next week. Who's all going?

I was wondering if anoyone would be up for meeting beforehand/at the venue to say hi? It would be great to put faces to names on here and finally meet some people! I'm going to the gig on my own so it would be great to meet some people for a drink first and then head to the SECC together? That or arrange a place/time at the venue and meet there? Bit of a fan gathering, it could be great!

Reply to this thread or just pm me and we can arrange soemthing from there. Or is any of you have me on facebook then you can of course get me there. Hope to hear from a few of you.

Alan.

Last edited by Dodfather; 10-13-2009 at 05:54 AM..
Old 10-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
Hi everyone,

Sorry!! Of course I mean the 22nd! D'oh! I wish you could edit titles of posts...
You and me both. You don't know how many times I've misspelled a word and had to have that mistake staring me right in the face for a month!

Photobucket
Old 10-13-2009, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
You and me both. You don't know how many times I've misspelled a word and had to have that mistake staring me right in the face for a month!

Photobucket
God, I'm so anal when it comes to spelling. It's a problem! If the thread had just started I might have to delete it and re-post it! Only if there had been no replies of course...
Old 10-13-2009, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Well, with just over a week to go now I thought it was time to start a thread for those of us who are going to the Glasgow gig next week. Who's all going?

I was wondering if anoyone would be up for meeting beforehand/at the venue to say hi? It would be great to put faces to names on here and finally meet some people! I'm going to the gig on my own so it would be great to meet some people for a drink first and then head to the SECC together? That or arrange a place/time at the venue and meet there? Bit of a fan gathering, it could be great!

Reply to this thread or just pm me and we can arrange soemthing from there. Or is any of you have me on facebook then you can of course get me there. Hope to hear from a few of you.

Alan.
I'll be there in some shape or form! I don't expect to arrive in Glasgow until after 3 or so... and chances are that between the Xanax, booze, lack of sleep and jetlag, I'm going to be totally in Zombieland . I would suspect that more than anything I would be hungry... so my first priority would be to try and find a vegan meal in the land that brought us haggis and blood pudding ! And I would assume it would be a good idea to get to SECC at least an hour before showtime in order to claim a spot at the very front of the stage! That is, assuming that security is as lax as it has been everywhere else!

So which hotel are you staying at? I'll be at Menzie's- over by the M8 motorway and near the banks of the River Clyde...
Old 10-13-2009, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I'll be there in some shape or form! I don't expect to arrive in Glasgow until after 3 or so... and chances are that between the Xanax, booze, lack of sleep and jetlag, I'm going to be totally in Zombieland . I would suspect that more than anything I would be hungry... so my first priority would be to try and find a vegan meal in the land that brought us haggis and blood pudding ! And I would assume it would be a good idea to get to SECC at least an hour before showtime in order to claim a spot at the very front of the stage! That is, assuming that security is as lax as it has been everywhere else!

So which hotel are you staying at? I'll be at Menzie's- over by the M8 motorway and near the banks of the River Clyde...
I'd advise a little more than an hour if you can manage it. I'm staying at a hostel in the city centre. I think I know the hotel you're at and if I'm right then it's not too far from the venue.

Here is a myspace link for mono, a vegan restaurant in Glasgow city centre. It's meant to be very good, or so Ive heard anyway. http://www.myspace.com/monoglasgow

There's also a place called Stereo on Renfield Lane, which is just off Renfield Street in the city centre too.

If you are eating somewhere in the centre then transport to the venue will be no problem. Taxi or train from Central Station.

By the way... You can get vegan Haggis, it's just made with meal and spices instead of meat. As for the sheeps stomach part, it's actually quite rare to get one wrapped in that these days!
Old 10-13-2009, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd advise a little more than an hour if you can manage it. I'm staying at a hostel in the city centre. I think I know the hotel you're at and if I'm right then it's not too far from the venue.

Here is a myspace link for mono, a vegan restaurant in Glasgow city centre. It's meant to be very good, or so Ive heard anyway. http://www.myspace.com/monoglasgow

There's also a place called Stereo on Renfield Lane, which is just off Renfield Street in the city centre too.

If you are eating somewhere in the centre then transport to the venue will be no problem. Taxi or train from Central Station.

By the way... You can get vegan Haggis, it's just made with meal and spices instead of meat. As for the sheeps stomach part, it's actually quite rare to get one wrapped in that these days!
I checked out Stereo... it sounds pretty neat, although I have to wonder what vegan haggis could possibly taste like. Buddah willing, I plan to walk to SECC from the hotel- no rain in the forecast... yet! Stereo looks like a pretty short walk too... Oct. 22, get here now!
Old 10-13-2009, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I checked out Stereo... it sounds pretty neat, although I have to wonder what vegan haggis could possibly taste like. Buddah willing, I plan to walk to SECC from the hotel- no rain in the forecast... yet! Stereo looks like a pretty short walk too... Oct. 22, get here now!
Veggie haggis is fine. It all depends on the quality of the meal that is used. Known as skirlie, it can be horribly dry if not prepared well but if done right it can be delicious. I rarely have it though, on the few ocassions I have haggis it has meat in it.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'm going too!!!!
Old 10-14-2009, 02:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sttimelongtime View Post
I'm going too!!!!
Cool, well lets see who all responds to this thread and if anyone is up for meeting.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Ledgie

i'm going, taking my mum and dad !
can't wait !

The Gallery Bistro, as part of SECC, is worth a look for food, pre-gig.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default SECC sounds good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
i'm going, taking my mum and dad !
can't wait !

The Gallery Bistro, as part of SECC, is worth a look for food, pre-gig.

Probably a good idea to meet at the Gallery Bistro at the SECC,

rather than travel from another location,

just my 2 pennies worth,

I'll be there......"Toronto Maple Leafs" shirt; "NICKS", &, "17",

Old 10-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Ledgie

Hi, Folks, just thought i'd let you know about a bit about the whole SECC Glasgow deal.

If you have seating in Blocks GG,HH,JJ rows A-G, then you can go to the front and stand, that is usually the case, anywhere else, No chance! security is pretty tight! Thankfully i'm within the first 7 rows! Anyways, enjoy the show when it comes around!
Old 10-16-2009, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtkad View Post
Hi, Folks, just thought i'd let you know about a bit about the whole SECC Glasgow deal.

If you have seating in Blocks GG,HH,JJ rows A-G, then you can go to the front and stand, that is usually the case, anywhere else, No chance! security is pretty tight! Thankfully i'm within the first 7 rows! Anyways, enjoy the show when it comes around!
I'm in JJ, Row G! How arbitrary is that cut-off?? So then I guess it behooves us to get there extra, extra early! By the way... how did you come across this bit of intel?
Old 10-16-2009, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Win tickets to see FM in Glasgow.
http://www.smoothradioglasgow.co.uk/...-mac/uiejtchr/
Old 10-17-2009, 03:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeof27 View Post
Probably a good idea to meet at the Gallery Bistro at the SECC,

rather than travel from another location,

just my 2 pennies worth,

I'll be there......"Toronto Maple Leafs" shirt; "NICKS", &, "17",

This sounds great to me. Anyone who's up for this pm me and we can sort a time etc that suits everyone.