Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-29-2018, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 11/30/18 York, Pa show

I’m so looking forward to the show tomorrow night. I have limited my reading of reviews etc.. on this forum so I don’t know the song order ( this is a first for me)............ I Can’t Wait!
Old 11-30-2018, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I’m so looking forward to the show tomorrow night. I have limited my reading of reviews etc.. on this forum so I don’t know the song order ( this is a first for me)............ I Can’t Wait!
yay, very cool!

i'm driving up there with a few friends tomorrow afternoon, too. can't believe we are on the last leg already.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-30-2018, 03:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'll be there tonight with my wife, son, and daughter, a family affair! We four saw The Mac at The Classic last summer, but this will be my teen kids' first LB solo show (my sixth or seventh). I know they won't be disappointed!

I've read all kinds of reviews and set lists so I don't expect many surprises. I'm not disciplined enough to avoid them! And at least I've already gotten the disappointment out of my system that he's not doing Countdown or You Do or You Don't on this tour...!
Old 11-30-2018, 11:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What an amazing show tonight in York! I was also attended with my wife and daughters. I didn’t listen to any live recordings before the show so I was very knocked out on what I heard. His voice was the best I have heard him sing live in years. This was my fifth time seeing him solo.His energy is just amazing. I was happy he did Rodeo because I read it was dropped on a couple of the shows. Slow Dancing and I Must Go were standouts for me I never thought I would ever hear those songs live. Lindsey is a 100% class act. He was so genuinely grateful to the audience for being there and he is looking forward to next years new album and getting back in front of his audience with his new band. Every song sounded fantastic!

Last edited by BLY; 12-02-2018 at 02:19 PM..
Old 12-02-2018, 12:26 AM
Senior Ledgie

Great show in York last night! LB sounded stronger than ever, his playing even better. As others have reported, he seems genuinely happy with this tour. The venue was packed and the acoustics were just about perfect. Sure, like anyone else, I’d have dropped a couple tunes in favor of some personal favorites (Countdown and You Do Or You Don’t would’ve been nice), but hearing songs like I Must Go and a full-ensemble version of Go Insane more than make up for any set list complaints. He mentioned a new album next year and says he’ll be back on tour. Great news all around!

The opening act was a little dull. But he had some nice banter with the audience, so even that was enjoyable.
Old 12-02-2018, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post

I've read all kinds of reviews and set lists so I don't expect many surprises. I'm not disciplined enough to avoid them! And at least I've already gotten the disappointment out of my system that he's not doing Countdown or You Do or You Don't on this tour...!
I love both of those songs, too. But I think he tried to balance representation from OUT OF THE CRADLE with his other work. The entire set felt to me like a true retrospective insofar as every stage of his solo (and some Mac) career were given an airing. I might have swapped out "Soul Drifter" for "You Do Or You Don't" but that's just me...
Old 12-02-2018, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I Must Go....

I always liked this song from GIS but it wasn’t my favorite track but live......OMG! He nailed it with an amazing arrangement.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I might have swapped out "Soul Drifter" for "You Do Or You Don't" but that's just me...
Nnoooo... I loved Soul Drifter live. One of the highlights of the concert for me. But Countdown by Lindsey and the guys would have surely rocked!
Old 12-02-2018, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

You Do Or You Don't is one of my all time Lindsey top favorites, but the bridge is in a really high key. If it meant he'd be singing the whole bridge with an "enhanced" voice like that final part of Surrender The Rain, I'm glad they didn't do it. I mean, he was struggling to belt out out that bridge on the OOTC tour. I was so happy it made the cut for the Anthology, anyway.
Old 12-02-2018, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Slow Dancing

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"