The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-12-2018, 11:03 AM
cbBen cbBen is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 314
Default Richard Dashut

Lindsey extensively collaborated with Richard Dashut as both co-writer and co-producer from Rumours through Out Of The Cradle, but then he evidently stopped working with him altogether (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Do you think there may have been some ill feeling over Dashut's decision to co-produce the Time album?

Does anyone know why the working relationship ended?

It's curious to me that he is not involved as co-writer or co-producer on Say You Will, Extended Play, Buckingham McVie, or any of Lindsey's solo work after 1992.

Note: I didn't know in which forum to post this thread. If appropriate, please feel free to move it.

Last edited by cbBen : 11-12-2018 at 11:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 11-12-2018, 01:14 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,383
Default

for the 100th time - search is your friend!

there are at least 2-3 threads already with exact same questions and discussion. if you are so interested why don't you do the search?

this thread should be deleted or merged with one of the other Dashut threads.

i'm starting to wonder whether you are Sugar Mouse under new name. you have a lot of his MO when he first started and he's been mia since you've been here.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-12-2018, 02:38 PM
cbBen cbBen is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 314
Default

No, I just forgot about (or didn't think about) the search function. Didn't really occur to me to use it, but I will now. I do appreciate that tip.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-12-2018, 03:34 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 10,874
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
No, I just forgot about (or didn't think about) the search function. Didn't really occur to me to use it, but I will now. I do appreciate that tip.
How do you feel about Neil Finn?
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-12-2018, 03:42 PM
cbBen cbBen is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 314
Default

Too laid back. Lacks the intensity and urgency Lindsey brought to the table.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-12-2018, 04:17 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 13,539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Do you think there may have been some ill feeling over Dashut's decision to co-produce the Time album?
Doesn't seem likely.

See the personnel listing for the album.

I think you're right in that something did happen at some point between those two. But maybe they patched it up.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-12-2018, 05:06 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,383
Default

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Search took 5.12 seconds. Search: Key Word(s): Dashut


Thread / Thread Starter / Forum

Richard Dashut / cbBen / Rumours

new Dashut blog - Truth & Consequences (My Times with FM) (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last Page) / elle / Rumours

Post Questions for Richard Dashut / ThePenguin / Q&A Discussions

Dashut Question Comments / SisterNightroad / Q&A Discussions

Richard Dashut on "Time" / TheWILDheart / Post-Rumours

Richard Dashut / brickney723 / Rumours

Richard Dashut / clooney /Lindsey Buckingham

Poll: Buckingham / Dashut co-written songs (Multi-page thread 1 2 3) / elle / Lindsey Buckingham

So where is Richard Dashut? / LB Freakazoid / Rumours

Dashut Interview 11/2007, EQ Magazine / michelej1 / Lindsey Buckingham

Richard Dashut / CarterNix / Lindsey Buckingham
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-12-2018, 06:06 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Doesn't seem likely.

See the personnel listing for the album.
Iím not sure Lindseyís cameo happened when Richard was involved. Richard quit the project before it was finished. I donít know when Mick and Lindsey sarted working together.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-15-2018, 11:17 AM
Buster Buster is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
for the 100th time - search is your friend!

there are at least 2-3 threads already with exact same questions and discussion. if you are so interested why don't you do the search?

this thread should be deleted or merged with one of the other Dashut threads.

i'm starting to wonder whether you are Sugar Mouse under new name. you have a lot of his MO when he first started and he's been mia since you've been here.
Why are you so obnoxious? Perhaps your billion posts saying the same thing about Stevie should be merged?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-15-2018, 05:18 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,636
Default

Don't bother being helpful, elle, in today's climate helpful = hateful. Go figure.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-15-2018, 10:19 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
for the 100th time - search is your friend!

there are at least 2-3 threads already with exact same questions and discussion. if you are so interested why don't you do the search?

this thread should be deleted or merged with one of the other Dashut threads.

i'm starting to wonder whether you are Sugar Mouse under new name. you have a lot of his MO when he first started and he's been mia since you've been here.
Well if you're gonna say that then there are like 600 different threads that were all made around the same time that all say more or less the same thing about Lindsey so why not merge those. At least with Richard Dashut, there's not many recent threads about him.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-15-2018, 10:25 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Lindsey extensively collaborated with Richard Dashut as both co-writer and co-producer from Rumours through Out Of The Cradle, but then he evidently stopped working with him altogether (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Do you think there may have been some ill feeling over Dashut's decision to co-produce the Time album?

Does anyone know why the working relationship ended?

It's curious to me that he is not involved as co-writer or co-producer on Say You Will, Extended Play, Buckingham McVie, or any of Lindsey's solo work after 1992.

Note: I didn't know in which forum to post this thread. If appropriate, please feel free to move it.
Richard kind of addressed the issue indirectly on his old blogs. Basically there was no specific falling out or any certain thing that happened, it just seems like their friendship/working relationship disintegrated around the same time, shortly after OOTC. Richard said once that listening to the album for the first time in a long time was a painful experience. He seemingly had his own issues (he talked about making the Time album and how it was a very bad time in his life) and Lindsey certainly did as well so I think they just fell apart around that time. According to Ken Caillait, Lindsey decided around The Dance that it was best to have new people/producers. He has gone to several shows throughout the years and has tweeted expressing a lot of support for Lindsey and his family recently.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-16-2018, 08:00 AM
JohnL JohnL is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 753
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Why are you so obnoxious? Perhaps your billion posts saying the same thing about Stevie should be merged?
Why can't the bullying just stop. Sugar Mouse has as much of a right to be on this board as anyone AND to express their opinions freely without this constant berating. I hate this...

Too bad so sad if you don't like that there are people who are truly enjoying this new line up. Leave them alone!
__________________
Love is a word and some entertain it...if you find it...you have won the game baby
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-16-2018, 08:09 AM
cbBen cbBen is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Richard kind of addressed the issue indirectly on his old blogs. Basically there was no specific falling out or any certain thing that happened, it just seems like their friendship/working relationship disintegrated around the same time, shortly after OOTC. Richard said once that listening to the album for the first time in a long time was a painful experience. He seemingly had his own issues (he talked about making the Time album and how it was a very bad time in his life) and Lindsey certainly did as well so I think they just fell apart around that time. According to Ken Caillait, Lindsey decided around The Dance that it was best to have new people/producers. He has gone to several shows throughout the years and has tweeted expressing a lot of support for Lindsey and his family recently.
Thanks, this is what I was looking for.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-16-2018, 08:35 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 10,874
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
Why can't the bullying just stop. Sugar Mouse has as much of a right to be on this board as anyone AND to express their opinions freely without this constant berating. I hate this...

Too bad so sad if you don't like that there are people who are truly enjoying this new line up. Leave them alone!
Well, there IS a new forum here for that lineup. THAT'S where the new lineup belongs.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed 45 - CHRISTINE McVIE
$200.84
FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed 45 - CHRISTINE McVIE pictureFLEETWOOD MAC personally signed Greatest hits LP cover - CHRISTINE McVIE
$90.37
FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed Greatest hits LP cover - CHRISTINE McVIE pictureChristine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old /Warner Brothers
$29.0
Christine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old /Warner Brothers pictureFLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER
$24.99
FLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER picture1978 Press Photo Christine McVie Rock Singer Songwriter - RRV30495
$19.99
1978 Press Photo Christine McVie Rock Singer Songwriter - RRV30495 picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved