Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Per day or per week?
Per DAY! You get so many points per so many hours of exercise - and of course you have to determine if it's moderate or heavy exercise, but you get a few extra points per day with activity points

I think.. Of course if I'm wrong that would explain why I'm losing so slowly
Old 03-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Ah, whatever. I'm just going to end up spending the extra points on beer anyway.......

Not really. Well, maybe sometimes.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

while in Boston this weekend I decided to try out the elliptical machine. I've always hated those things, but once I saw I could burn the same amount of calories in a 20 minute session, I had to try it. and I really liked it. it wasn't as hard on my knees or legs and I got a great workout. I'm gonna have to look into maybe getting one.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
while in Boston this weekend I decided to try out the elliptical machine. I've always hated those things, but once I saw I could burn the same amount of calories in a 20 minute session, I had to try it. and I really liked it. it wasn't as hard on my knees or legs and I got a great workout. I'm gonna have to look into maybe getting one.
I love the elliptical!

I heard there was a recent study where women who incorporated sprints into their cardio lost 3x the body fat of women who didn't. So I've started "sprinting" on the elliptical every few minutesish.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OK, I'm back up a pound. I'm quite sure the 10 beers I downed on Saturday night are to blame. I did have a double cheeseburger & fry from McD's last night for the first time in months (thank God they haven't banned it yet! ) but since that's literally all I ate the entire day, it's not like I went over in calories. I made sure to go a full 45 minutes on the eliptical this morning to try & make up for it, and I'm going to do weights tonight after work.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
I heard there was a recent study where women who incorporated sprints into their cardio lost 3x the body fat of women who didn't. So I've started "sprinting" on the elliptical every few minutesish.
I am suspecting this info crosses genders. As a test, yesterday I started doing more sprints in my swim. I am at 400 meters out of 2200 going full out. Every 9th and 10th lap I am sprinting. Maybe in a few weeks I can amp it up to double that. We will see if it makes a difference. I have totally stalled out in the weight loss, even though I feel a good burn in my chest shoulders and abs this week. Gotta do something to kick it up a notch and this may do it. Been thinking about one of those boot camp things. Kinda spendy, but I bet it would kick my ass and help me lose this last 10-12 pounds.

On another note, it was f*cking glorious here today. 80 degrees, clear blue sky. Had to slather on the sunscreen. I love LA!

All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
I love the elliptical!

I thought I told you guys that two years ago? I've known it for about 10 years, maybe I thought everyone else already knew.

Anyway, good job. I always sprint to the really rad parts in FM songs, sprinting is fun.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 03-07-2007 at 12:04 AM..
Old 03-07-2007, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
lose this last 10-12 pounds.
that's kinda where I am too. and since my grandmother's been sick and the Boston trip...I've not been able to really stick to my plan and have gained 2 lbs.

oh well, back on it starting today and in a big way. summer's coming really soon!
Old 03-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm still thinking the ginsu knife is the best solution.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
I'm still thinking the ginsu knife is the best solution.
lol. or a laser.

I can't tell you how many times I thought...ehhh, I'll take some scars just to lose these damn love handles.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
On another note, it was f*cking glorious here today. 80 degrees, clear blue sky. Had to slather on the sunscreen. I love LA!
On another note, f*ck off! I have a clear blue sky too - but it's 15 degrees.

I just won a $50 for Best Buy from work, so I may invest in a Dance Dance Revolution game & pads for Mark's PS2. I hear it's fun as hell & you burn a ton of calories doing it.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
On another note, f*ck off! I have a clear blue sky too - but it's 15 degrees.

I just won a $50 for Best Buy from work, so I may invest in a Dance Dance Revolution game & pads for Mark's PS2. I hear it's fun as hell & you burn a ton of calories doing it.
DO it!!! Its' SO much fun

Well yesterday was baaaaad as far as food went. I was piggydeanna. We have a candidate for a job up here (who happens to also be a friend of mine from New Mexico) so we all went to lunch - burger and fries. Then we had a birthday celebration for a co-worker - chocolate cake. Then dinner and well I felt like poo the rest of the evening.

But this morning I did an extra good cardio routine and ab work - I'm getting this cheesy ass book that a friend recomended - it's lower body exercises and she's seen great results with it...

So today back to not being a pig, which would be a LOT easier had the girl scouts not delivered their cookies yesterday.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I've discussed my plateau with my very own personal Weight Watchers expert (Theresa ) and I've come up with a plan. Here's hoping for another 7 - 10 pounds.

I'm up to 45 minutes on the elliptical, btw. Can't wait for the weather to get better so I can start jogging again. I'm also thinking of having the hub get me a new bike for my B'day next month.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^

The activity points - per day or are they a weekly thing? I can't find my stupid book I think I may have left it at the store last time I went shopping.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

30 minutes of moderate exercise - 1 extra point that day
45 minutes of moderate exercise - 2 points
30 minutes intense exercise - 3 points
45 minutes of intense exercise - 5 points

Of course, this is per Theresa & she's Canadian, so who knows if this is correct. I believe she said that they consider it moderate exercise if you're sweating after 5 or 10 minutes; intense, you're sweating after 3.

BTW - inspired by Sparky's idea (and the 2 pomegranate martinis I had last night) I took pics of my ass with my digital, so I could get an accurate assessment of it. Needless to say, they were deleted immediately before I could begin to cry or drink away my sorrows with another martini. On a more positive (and less disgusting) note - the front view isn't so bad.

And I'm going to get DDR game this weekend.