Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-04-2018, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default tour resumes in Austin TX tomorrow

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-04-2018, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Brett Tuggle and Jimmy Paxston with Lindsey. Who are the others again? Have they toured with Lindsey before? I'm having memory issues.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-04-2018, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Brett Tuggle and Jimmy Paxston with Lindsey. Who are the others again? Have they toured with Lindsey before? I'm having memory issues.
all of them were on BuckVie tour.

Federico Pol is bassist who first played with Lindsey as a part of his guitar army on Out of the Cradle tour (the second part of that tour). he also played bass on BuckVie. now he mostly plays bass but also alternates some guitar parts too (considering no Neale).

Michael Kianka was with Lindsey solo forever, playing samples in the background. now he's been brought up on stage, and plays both samples and keyboards (at times when Brett plays guitar), as well as backing vocals. most band intros Lindsey also insinuates that he might be doing some laundry back there too.

after Brett stood up for Lindsey at that Maui gathering and went with Lindsey solo foregoing the potential huge Mac paycheck, my respect for him has gone through the roof.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-04-2018, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Looks like Lindsey told the band their uniform is black..... which strikes me as very LB -- no visual distractions from the music

That said, what is that burst of color that seems to be from the inside of his jacket (which appears to have flipped over on the bottom right of) ???
Old 11-04-2018, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
all of them were on BuckVie tour.

Federico Pol is bassist who first played with Lindsey as a part of his guitar army on Out of the Cradle tour (the second part of that tour). he also played bass on BuckVie. now he mostly plays bass but also alternates some guitar parts too (considering no Neale).

Michael Kianka was with Lindsey solo forever, playing samples in the background. now he's been brought up on stage, and plays both samples and keyboards (at times when Brett plays guitar), as well as backing vocals. most band intros Lindsey also insinuates that he might be doing some laundry back there too.

after Brett stood up for Lindsey at that Maui gathering and went with Lindsey solo foregoing the potential huge Mac paycheck, my respect for him has gone through the roof.

Totally Agree. And Brett looks really happy to be there too. I hope I get to meet Brett and Jimmy as well....during the M&G in NYC!
Old 11-04-2018, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
[/B]

Totally Agree. And Brett looks really happy to be there too. I hope I get to meet Brett and Jimmy as well....during the M&G in NYC!
Why LB doesn't smile more is beyond me. He looks so much more youthful. I bet he hates the way he looks but he's wrong.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Why LB doesn't smile more is beyond me. He looks so much more youthful. I bet he hates the way he looks but he's wrong.

He's got an "RBF". Mine is pretty intense too. I feel his pain.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He's got an "RBF". Mine is pretty intense too. I feel his pain.
except these are intentional photos!! RBF would come into play if they were catching him just in the routine of his normal life or while he was focused on recording or even performing.

He's actively posing for these pics (AND the BuckVie cover) in a photo-shoot and he still doesn't smile.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
except these are intentional photos!! RBF would come into play if they were catching him just in the routine of his normal life or while he was focused on recording or even performing.

He's actively posing for these pics (AND the BuckVie cover) in a photo-shoot and he still doesn't smile.
It's funny you say that. I think the pic here is more of an "action shot" and he's in the moment and a bit more free spirit. The Buck Vie cover photos or Musicare red carpet...RBF just my opinion though.
Old 11-05-2018, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks, elle.

Quote:
Wait ... what happened here?!! Brett was at the Maui gathering and stood up for Lindsey? Am I just not following the threads? Did you guys discuss this already?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-05-2018, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's funny you say that. I think the pic here is more of an "action shot" and he's in the moment and a bit more free spirit. The Buck Vie cover photos or Musicare red carpet...RBF just my opinion though.
I think we have different definitions of RBF.

Resting B*tchy Face as I understand it means when you are just normally walking around, or doing work, or whatever, your face in its normal resting state (which you are not purposely putting on) has an expression on it that others interpret to mean that you are in a bad mood or irritated or something -- yet you yourself don't realize this until someone tells you.

So to me, if someone had taken a candid shot of Lindsey just being himself in the studio or wherever and his face looked overly serious or cranky or something then THAT would be "RBF"

But when you KNOW that someone is pointing a camera at you and they are taking a picture and you have agreed to let them take your picture, and in that moment, when you just seconds before have been talking and smiling and laughing with people, in that moment that you are fully aware and consenting to have your photo taken, if you then decide to STOP smiling and laughing and PUT ON a serious, non-smiling face, that to me is definitely NOT "RBF" at all.

That's why I think it's funny..... he is deliberately choosing that face for photos. That's what I meant by 'active'. I mean, come on, this guy has seen photos of himself for almost 70 years of his life, 50 of them getting his pic taken for publicity and the like -- he knows how he wants to come across in photos and poses deliberately. With a face that looks like rather than one that looks like

Old 11-05-2018, 06:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I say we give this particular variant a new name:

Resting Buckingham Face
Old 11-05-2018, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post

Resting Buckingham Face
Awesome response!!!
Old 11-05-2018, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post

Resting Buckingham Face
perfect!
Old 11-05-2018, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Looks like Lindsey told the band their uniform is black..... which strikes me as very LB -- no visual distractions from the music

That said, what is that burst of color that seems to be from the inside of his jacket (which appears to have flipped over on the bottom right of) ???
I wonder too. It doesn't seem to be a lining on the jacket because you can't see it at all anywhere else. Inquiring minds want to know.