The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-04-2006, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just from looking at everything released from 1988 through 1992, I don't see a hit album for Fleetwood Mac. Let's just say, for hypothetical reasons, that Lindsey agreed to stay in 1987, on the condition that nobody does solo albums (if I can't, then YOU can't, either). Thus, anything from "Greatest Hits" through "Out Of The Cradle" is fair game. Since Lindsey WOULDN'T have left the band, some of the songs (Wrong, Soul Drifter) wouldn't have been written for a Fleetwood Mac album. Here's the best I could come up with:

Don't Look Down
Skies The Limit
Rooms On Fire
Countdown
This Is The Time
Save Me
Affairs Of The Heart
Behind The Mask
Down Endless Street
Freedom
Street Of Dreams
As Long As You Follow
Now Questions Asked
Say We'll Meet Again

While it may be somewhat better than what was released (BY EVERYONE), and may have done somewhat better in terms of charts and sales, really, I don't think it would have been a huge hit.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-04-2006, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
All because of Welcome To the Room, Sara and When I See You Again......
I think you mean Tango sold well in spite of those songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
....they should have been singles!!!
OMG, no!
Old 02-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
Awww...Mary Anne you are using the screen caps I made!!!

I'm glad you like them. Chris has the most beautiful green eyes...EVER!

I'm going to make some more caps soon, including TITN, The Dance, etc...
You noticed! I told you I LOVE those Songbird screen caps. I thought it was about time that I changed my signature. Bring on those Dance & Tango screen caps.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Come to think about it, I'm not so sure that the NEXT album (which would have been the album released where "Time" was) would have been a hit, either. (NOTE: "hit album" and "good album" are not the same thing. I'd still buy the album, regardless.) Here's the best I could come up with from 1992-1995:

Blue Denim
Love Shines
You Do Or You Don't
Maybe Love Will Change Your Mind
I Do
Destiny
Heart Of Stone
Street Angel
All My Sorrows
Hollywood
Turn It On
Kick It
Surrender The Rain
This Nearly Was Mine
All Over Again

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think you could add some GOS-songs too: If lindsey was a part of it , that next album -at least- would have come out a year later. So it would have been a totally other ballgame; I still think that GOS could have been the body for a hit album. Actually, I think it still is with what's left!

Old 02-05-2006, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
I think you could add some GOS-songs too: If lindsey was a part of it , that next album -at least- would have come out a year later. So it would have been a totally other ballgame; I still think that GOS could have been the body for a hit album. Actually, I think it still is with what's left!
I thought about that, but, I was just keeping it to what was actually released. Plus, the whole timeline, as far as Lindsey is concerned, isn't all that clear to me. I'm not sure how far along he was with GOS around Oct. 1995.

In any event, I think the albums that COULD have been released would have been liked by fans, but I'm still not sure how they would have been received by the general public.

Just consider that Lindsey released an album that featured "Surrender The Rain" the same year we were picking on that boy Jeremy, smelling like teen spirit, and jumping on the runaway train. To add to that, Stevie looked like hell during that period, Mick was coked of his GD skull, and Lindsey was basically 12 stepping through his anger during his solo shows (opening for Tina Turner).

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
With or without Lindsey, Behind the Mask was doomed. Fleetwood Mac, in any form, wasn't a hot commodity in 1990.
I agree, though with Lindsey, th 1990 album would have had better sales, I guess.

Now, just curious (cause I can't compare 1990 with 2003, I know that). how greater (if they were) were SAY YOU WILL (no Chris!) sales compared to BEHIND THE MASK (no Lindsey!)?
Old 02-05-2006, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic

Now, just curious (cause I can't compare 1990 with 2003, I know that). how greater (if they were) were SAY YOU WILL (no Chris!) sales compared to BEHIND THE MASK (no Lindsey!)?
BTM & SYW both sold about the same. BTM may even have sold just a little bit more if you include worldwide sales.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
I thought about that, but, I was just keeping it to what was actually released. Plus, the whole timeline, as far as Lindsey is concerned, isn't all that clear to me. I'm not sure how far along he was with GOS around Oct. 1995.

In any event, I think the albums that COULD have been released would have been liked by fans, but I'm still not sure how they would have been received by the general public.

Just consider that Lindsey released an album that featured "Surrender The Rain" the same year we were picking on that boy Jeremy, smelling like teen spirit, and jumping on the runaway train. To add to that, Stevie looked like hell during that period, Mick was coked of his GD skull, and Lindsey was basically 12 stepping through his anger during his solo shows (opening for Tina Turner).
Take the uptempo songs from OOTC, fantasize real mick-john-grooves to backbone them and it could have made a difference, runnaway alive spirit or not.