Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-18-2018, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Apparently a settlement offer has been sent LBs way

KB has alluded on Twitter that the band is attempting to settle rather than go to court. While not surprising it does go against the strong talk initially made by the band.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
KB has alluded on Twitter that the band is attempting to settle rather than go to court. While not surprising it does go against the strong talk initially made by the band.
right, people were discussing in the other thread what KB's tweet may mean, and seems the consensus is that the band offered to settle.

here's that tweet again, to have it all contained in a single thread:

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-18-2018, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh my goodness. Big lies, little love. That's beautiful.

Listen, I had endless fun mocking Kristen's pear display in the past, but she has really gained my admiration.

I realize that a settlement with BOTH sides agreeing not to disparage the other is good for everyone involved. They should negotiate this and keep everything confidential. That is the logical thing to do, BUT I can't deny that I will feel a tad of disappointment when that happens. I wanted a cathartic airing.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 11-18-2018 at 09:03 PM..
Old 11-18-2018, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oh my goodness. Big lies, little love. That's beautiful.

Listen, I had endless fun mocking Kristen's pear display in the past, but she has really gained my admiration.

I realize that a settlement with BOTH sides agreeing not to disparage the other is good for everyone involved. They should negotiate this and keep everything confidential. That is the logical thing to do, BUT I can't deny that I will feel a tad of disappointment when that happens. I wanted a cathartic airing.

Michele
I agree. I get why someone in his position would want to sue. Not only were you done dirty by people you've known for decades, but you were denied a huge chunk of cash that I'm sure would've been very helpful for a family with a bunch of college-age kids.
But I still kinda wish it hadn't happened.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My main hope is that a settlement would at least lift the ban on communication between Lindsey and the others.....I'm sure all the bridges with Mick, Stevie and, maybe, John have been burned, but I'm hoping both the silence and lawsuit were things that had to include everyone, more likely not by choice, and that Lindsey and Christine can renew their musical friend/partnership.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

No surprise. I predicted this on the board day one. Most of these cases settle. We probably will never know the amount but I will guess. My hunch is 7-8 million range. After lawyers Lindsey will walk away with about 5-7 million.
I do expect everyone to go silent during the settlement talks. On Lindsey's tour, after the lawsuit was announced, Lindsey did not even say the words Fleetwood Mac on stage.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
My main hope is that a settlement would at least lift the ban on communication between Lindsey and the others.....I'm sure all the bridges with Mick, Stevie and, maybe, John have been burned, but I'm hoping both the silence and lawsuit were things that had to include everyone, more likely not by choice, and that Lindsey and Christine can renew their musical friend/partnership.
i think John's email response to him was actually a respectable thing to do. he answered, and basically gave him a heads up. so LB and John i don't think will have a real problem. and it sounds like he and Chris won't either.

with Mick and Stevie, seems like it will depend on them. i will probably never understand how forgiving LB can be towards them. i guess therapy, meditation, etc help a lot. i'll stay angry for him!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-19-2018, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think John is less guilty in all this mess than Christine. At least he answered Lindsey's calls. She should have answered too and told him she wasn't allowed to talk instead of playing innocent on that CBS interview saying: "I didn't know what was going on. I was in England".
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My main hope is that a settlement would at least lift the ban on communication between Lindsey and the others.....
To the contrary, I’m guessing no one in the band is involved in settlement talks and that it’s only lawyers communicating with each other. The lawyers might consult the parties they represent for authority purposes but I doubt anyone in the band is meeting face to face. The band would be more likely to run into each other if they did take this to court but that would be both expensive and time-consuming. Settling is the quickest, easiest way to cut ties with Lindsey, sadly. And whatever they would pay him would be a fraction of defense costs if they chose to defend themselves in court.

I don’t like KB tweeting or instagramming about this case. It feels tacky and even though the band probably could not even name the main social media sites collectively, it makes me respect them more for not stooping to that level. This post makes her seem greedy to me, as though all she hoped for out of this lawsuit is money.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Legal fees would cost the band just as much if not more than their likely settlement amount. I'm not pretending to know the settlement amount, I just know lawyer/"attorneys" are mighty expensive, especially in the USofA.