The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-27-2014, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick at Barnes & Noble (Stevie recording solo album)

Well... This will be interesting. This is transcribed by the way, I managed to record our conversation, so everything Mick says is real. I'm working on uploading my recording to Mediafire as soon as I figure out how.

Anyways. Here you go!

(Me) "So what's going on in Nashville?"

(Mick) "Uh she's making, uh Stevie's making an album... I think it's gonna be a first for her where she's doing that Nashville thing where they go in and all the musicians just play the songs and get it all done really quickly... were hoping."

(Me) "Well I heard that she's there with Dave and that Christine was there too. Are they doing something together?"

(Mick) "Dave's producing it, uh and she's using the wrecking crew down there, to my knowledge where they all just come in and jam out the songs in two weeks"

Sounds like a solo to me, ladies and gentlemen. Thoughts?
Just a dream, just a dream.

Last edited by HelloMonster; 04-27-2014 at 01:02 AM..
Old 04-27-2014, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Amazing news. Thank you for getting information that all of us back here were craving.

I'm really surprised about a new album. I wonder when it will be released. Stevie won't have a chance to tour on it or promote it, since FM starts rehearsing in July. I suppose she will use interviews about FM to talk about the album and kill two birds with one stone.

Anyway, thanks for doing that eyewitness reporting!

Michele
Old 04-27-2014, 12:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
Sounds like a solo to me, ladies and gentlemen. Thoughts?
wow, great reporting! thanks so much for going there and managing to ask just the right question!

solo album? hmm. interesting. so:
  • all of us who thought SN is working on her parts for FM album were wrong!
  • what does this mean for FM album that other members have been working on since march?

doesn't look like SN is into making an album with FM after all. i think the rest of the band should just put out the album that must be almost finished by now without SN. the sooner the better. perform some new songs on the tour. i guess SN can perform some of her new solo songs, if she's so inclined.

wouldn't it be interesting if SN solo album and FM album came out at about the same time, and before 2014 is over??

will SN want to tour her new solo album at the start of 2015 and abandon FM all together after the already booked leg of the FM tour is over? or will she not tour her album?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-27-2014, 01:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here is the Mediafire link, let me know if it works.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/3d08..._and_Noble.m4a
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
wouldn't it be interesting if SN solo album and FM album came out at about the same time, and before 2014 is over??
Whatever happens, there will be no FM album this year. What would you like to wager?

Michele
Old 04-27-2014, 01:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe this will be Stevie's country CD that I've always wanted her to make (finger crossed )

Kevin
Old 04-27-2014, 03:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Stevie recording a country album instead of going into the studio with the freshly reunited Rumours 5 pretty much completes my worst nightmare scenario. I detest country music with an unhealthy passion, and I badly want a new Mac studio album. I really hope this development turns out not to be true.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Interesting news.... I would love a new Stevie album I'm just really hoping she can do this and a FM album, without too much of a delay.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Stevie recording a country album instead of going into the studio with the freshly reunited Rumours 5 pretty much completes my worst nightmare scenario. I detest country music with an unhealthy passion, and I badly want a new Mac studio album. I really hope this development turns out not to be true.
Oh, GOD. I do, too, and I hate the very thought of this. No offense to anyone, but I always view the move from rock and roll to country as an extremely lame and desperate form of selling out. Conversely, I adore songs like "Rose Garden" and "After the Glitter Fades"; and, while I know in my heart that they have a lot of country characteristics, I don't think of them as country songs...especially the cringe-worthy country songs that are out today--the ones that always make me roll my eyes and sigh exasperatedly.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:34 AM
Registered

I don't like this, I want a Fleetwood Mac album not another Solo Album, I have been waiting 27 Years For A Fleetwood Mac Studio Album With All Five members

Last edited by welcomechris; 04-27-2014 at 06:42 AM..
Old 04-27-2014, 06:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is exactly the sort of thing Stevie should do AFTER a new Mac album and tour. She is the reason I'm not buying tickets to the "reunion".

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
Here is the Mediafire link, let me know if it works.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/3d08..._and_Noble.m4a
Works perfectly, thanks for your efforts to capture and clarify! Not thrilled with this news but pleased to know what is going on!

I like Micks 'we're hoping' comment about the 2 weeks...
Old 04-27-2014, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is the last thing I was expecting to hear. Any output from Stevie makes me happy but it just seems very ill timed to me. I'm not entirely surprised, though. IYD was such a positive experience for Stevie. I never thought she was ready to let it and her union with Dave go quite yet. I expected her to work with him again, but not so soon.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 04-27-2014, 07:19 AM
Registered

Default New Stevie Album, Dave Stewart Producing

Stevie is making a new album and Dave is producing according to Mick. Mick said it last night at Barnes And Nobles

Is this what we want? Not me! I have been waiting 27 Years for a studio album with the Rumours Lineup

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/3d08...+and+Noble.m4a

(Fan) "So what's going on in Nashville?"

(Mick) "Uh she's making, uh Stevie's making an album... I think it's gonna be a first for her where she's doing that Nashville thing where they go in and all the musicians just play the songs and get it all done really quickly... were hoping."

(Fan) "Well I heard that she's there with Dave and that Christine was there too. Are they doing something together?"

(Mick) "Dave's producing it, uh and she's using the wrecking crew down there, to my knowledge where they all just come in and jam out the songs in two weeks"

Last edited by welcomechris; 04-27-2014 at 07:22 AM..
Old 04-27-2014, 07:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, but maybe a few extra completed tracks could roll over into a Fleetwood Mac release. They had a track or 2 laying around after In Your Dreams. Who knows? Maybe Stevie has been sending Dave stuff for a while that we haven't known about? She's been very quiet in the press lately.