User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-03-2005, 02:45 AM
Ledgie

Default Oh Well

Hi,

WDR is a big TV- and radio station from Cologne, Germany. Yesterday in the evening it told the news, the original line-up of Fleetwood Mac will reunite truly this year. For the first time I've ever heard, that the source of this news was not Mick Fleetwood, but a statement of Peter Green himself. And he stated more, that it is absolutely for sure, that he'll be a part of this Fleetwood Mac reincarnation. It seems the dream comes true! I'm sorry, but I can't give you information if it will be a four- or five-part-reincarnation. It wasn't told anything about that fact.

So, by the way, that reunion can't be far away from now, - the year doesn't last long anymore, isn't it? Maybe we all will have a brandnew FM-CD under the Christmas tree. Cross your fingers!

Regards and best wishes
Manfred

Last edited by manfred; 11-03-2005 at 03:56 AM..
Old 11-03-2005, 07:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the info Manfred!!

The mind boggles...wonder what form the reunion will take? A cd? Some concerts?
Old 11-03-2005, 10:17 AM
Ledgie

I think it will be close to the CREAM REUNION. They'll do a live performance and release the tapes of it, - my tip!!!

Best wishes
Manfred

Last edited by manfred; 11-03-2005 at 10:24 AM..
Old 11-03-2005, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by manfred
the original line-up of Fleetwood Mac will reunite truly this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manfred
Maybe we all will have a brandnew FM-CD under the Christmas tree. Cross your fingers!
Thanks for the info, Manfred!
I'm afraid I have to admit that I doubt it will happen this year...(and maybe not next year either)..............

Jeremy Spencer is recording with a Norwegian band at the moment, that he probably will be touring with next year. And he was quite negative about a reunion at Notodden Blues Festival this autumn.

My impression is that Peter in fact has been quite positive to a reunion lately ... so maybe it will happen without Jeremy..

Anyway, I will indeed cross my fingers too!!!!

Daniel
Old 11-03-2005, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the news report, Manfred! Still it will have to actually happen for me to believe it.....I'm not getting my hopes too high, at least not until we see some definite plans.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000
Thanks for the news report, Manfred! Still it will have to actually happen for me to believe it.....I'm not getting my hopes too high, at least not until we see some definite plans.
manfred, thanks. this is an unexpected development! while i'd love to see a reunion performance and release, i have my doubts as to whether this will happen too sf2k.

as i've said before on the list, i think this is a bad idea. i'll admit that i thought the cream reunion was a bad idea too and was surprised how good it turned out. but the main singers and instrumentalists in cream, jb, and ec, have been continuously active as group leaders, players, and writers since the 1960's, including collaborations all kinds of top rock, blues and jazz players.

pete has only played sporadically, hasn't 'led' a group since the 'end of the game' sessions, has shunned his legacy continuously, has serious mental heath issues, and has written less than 2 lp's worth of original material since 1971.

i think something on the scale of the cream reunion is unrealistic. how's he going to do 4 nights at the albert hall? pete wouldn't even play the solos in black magic woman or green manalishi with the splinter group.

something low-key seems more likely- some studio sessions or club gigs playing blues classics and a few fm tunes with support musicians seems more plausible.

i hope whoever is looking after pete and advising him has some sense and experience.

zero
Old 11-03-2005, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At least Peter has started playing lead on "Black Magic Woman" these days (and I think it sounds superb!)...

But my worst nightmare would be to see "the original FM lineup" reunited .. with an additional guitarist playing the lead guitar!! ESPECIALLY that guy on Mick's solo album (sorry to those of you who liked him) But I'm actually fearing it!!! I mean, this dude works with Mick, and he played when Jeremy guested on Mick's "Something Big" album. And he even participated on the VA "Gaia" CD where Mick and Jeremy reunited.

I think I'd even prefer Gary Moore instead -- and that says A LOT!!
Old 11-04-2005, 03:51 AM
Ledgie

Hi,

I also think a full scale reunion is unrealistic. I am not even sure that John McVie would be onboard. Just speculating... they could go with Mick, Bob Brunning, and possibly Bob Hall supporting on piano. They all played together in various combinations since Peter's Mac days. Something like that could work for some club gigs - mainly with blues classics - and a live CD. Not really FM, but wouldn't be too bad ???

Let's see what comes out...

Roland
Old 11-06-2005, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzero
something low-key seems more likely- some studio sessions or club gigs playing blues classics and a few fm tunes with support musicians seems more plausible.
I agree, and I would really welcome something like this, although hopefully without supporting musicians.

My hope/suggestion: Just put Pete, Mick and John (assuming Jeremy won't bite) in a studio with a producer who knows what he's doing (like Rick Rubin, or somebody else who knows how to get the most out of a minimalist arrangement and elicit inspired performances from the artists he's working with), and let them run through a bunch of old blues classics for a few weeks, some Robert Johnson or Howlin' Wolf tunes or whatever strikes their fancy (or, if they're feeling really inspired, a few tunes by some newer blues-influenced groups, like the White Stripes or Black Keys). Pick out ten or twelve of the best tracks, and build an album out of that. I think something along these lines has much more potential to be successful and interesting and relevant than some kind of attempt at nostalgia concerts; I just don't see Peter being up for that kind of thing without hiding behind supporting players, and it seems like expectations would be well above what the results would undoubtedly be.

So... Joe... can you get cracking on whispering some of these suggestions into the right ears? (I mean, welcome to the Ledge!)
Old 11-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyqm
I agree, and I would really welcome something like this, although hopefully without supporting musicians.

My hope/suggestion: Just put Pete, Mick and John (assuming Jeremy won't bite) in a studio with a producer who knows what he's doing (like Rick Rubin, or somebody else who knows how to get the most out of a minimalist arrangement and elicit inspired performances from the artists he's working with), and let them run through a bunch of old blues classics for a few weeks, some Robert Johnson or Howlin' Wolf tunes or whatever strikes their fancy (or, if they're feeling really inspired, a few tunes by some newer blues-influenced groups, like the White Stripes or Black Keys). Pick out ten or twelve of the best tracks, and build an album out of that. I think something along these lines has much more potential to be successful and interesting and relevant than some kind of attempt at nostalgia concerts; I just don't see Peter being up for that kind of thing without hiding behind supporting players, and it seems like expectations would be well above what the results would undoubtedly be.

So... Joe... can you get cracking on whispering some of these suggestions into the right ears? (I mean, welcome to the Ledge!)
You're a genius! That would be excellent. I've been listening to the White Stripes today. Jack White would probably be honored to lend a song.