User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-30-2013, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
your internet gripes while using that same internet to post them amuse me to no end.

we know that both Mick and Lindsey own and apparently extensively use their iphones.

and remember, Stevie gifts ipods with bunch of music on them to wounded soldiers.

so they all know their way around apple products, i suspect.
I'm sorry Elle.I like my music the old school way.Nice clean warm sound.

Again I love the internet .I've been online since 1997 .but I not fond of the low quality mp3's or acc files for purchase.

If they were selling Wav or Flac mentioned here in the earlier post .I wont be beaching about it here or anywhere else

I know I beached about this on here and any other place about it but thats me.

I did know about Stevie with the Ipods and I'm proud of her for doing that

Anyway thanks for updating me with Lindsey,Mick and John.Johns on here right.

I dont even have a iPhone or use a cellphone.I had one and it died and I never replaced it.

Yes I got the EP and the 4 tunes are great and hope for more as they are saying.

Again I apologize but thats my opinion about it. I know I'm a beach about this subject.

Yes .As the saying goes . Its better then nothing.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 05-30-2013, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I did know about Stevie with the Ipods and I'm proud of her for doing that

Anyway thanks for updating me with Lindsey,Mick and John.Johns on here right.

I dont even have a iPhone or use a cellphone.I had one and it died and I never replaced it.

Yes I got the EP and the 4 tunes are great and hope for more as they are saying.

Again I apologize but thats my opinion about it. I know I'm a beach about this subject.

Yes .As the saying goes . Its better then nothing.
oh no problem, please don't apologize. i suspect we are all here and using these boards as some kind of outlet too, not just because we love the music.

i have no idea about John. but we saw the pics of Lindsey with iphone that fans posted here, and Mick was also snapping some pics with his iphone at one of m&gs. plus Mick was describing Lindsey coming to studio with some rudimentary song ideas on his iphone, before they cut those 8 tracks last year.

and i agree with you, although apparently not everybody here does - digital is much better than nothing.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-31-2013, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

did you buy Extended Play? No
on amazon or itunes?
just one / two songs or the whole EP? Only really like Without You
would you buy a physical copy? No
when you have a choice of download or physical copy which one do you prefer? Physical

if you chose not to download EP, is it because:

didn't like the songs / snippets i heard Too much Lindsey
didn't like the production
not enough Stevie Exactly
no Christine
no Peter Green
i am really not FM fan
Old 05-31-2013, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
interesting discussions!

i'm puzzled by all the calls for putting out the physical copy. i've made a CD out of downloaded version, added some other FM songs, and now usually listen to it in my car. so if you want the physical copy, why not do that? or do you really crave that generic photoshop cover that much?

if most of FM members do not care about sales, as they seem not to judging by their non-promotion of availability of different downloads (none of their official sources list amazon availability, for example, just direct you to itunes), then why in the world would they care for another possible 10,000 copies they could sell if they had physical CD, and go through all the hassle of actually putting it out?

i'm thinking we should poll people here with some of these questions:
  • did you buy Extended Play?
  • on amazon or itunes?
  • just one / two songs or the whole EP?
  • would you buy a physical copy?
  • when you have a choice of download or physical copy which one do you prefer?

i can give you my answers:
  • did you buy Extended Play? yes.
  • on amazon or itunes? both. (although if i knew it would be available on amazon, i would wait and skip itunes)
  • just one song or the whole EP? whole EP
  • would you buy a physical copy? probably not (although i bought almost every available format of SWS and Songs from the Small Machine Live in LA, other than vinyl since i don't own record player).
  • when you have a choice of download or physical copy which one do you prefer? download. i'm all for instant gratification. i want the stuff NOW. unless it's itunes movie, than i'll buy DVD or blu-ray too. and although i hear and am annoyed when someone is off-key (recent Rumours outtakes anyone?), i don't hear or notice all the production nuances that others seem to be so up in arms about. guess our ears catch different frequencies .

if you chose not to download EP, is it because:
  1. didn't like the songs / snippets i heard
  2. didn't like the production
  3. not enough Stevie
  4. no Christine
  5. no Peter Green
  6. i am really not FM fan

(i tried to list what i saw in itunes reviews, as well as here, as a reason for people not liking the album).

It's $4 bucks?... buy it and support the band! May we'll get a physical piece the next time around if there is a next time.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:57 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
just to make sure i understand what you are saying: you did not get new music in the format you prefer, and therefore you don't even want to listen to it.

i think i can understand that. for some ears, you just can't stand certain kind of noise. my husband is like that. he can't stand listening to the recorded live music on youtube, or over the phone speakers. so i'm guessing it bothers you so much that you cannot hear every single sound that was made / originally recorded / mixed / mastered that would be available in some kind of lossless format, that you would rather hear nothing at all from your favorite band.
No, I did buy the compressed download, because that is better than nothing.