User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-10-2003, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by bootylicous
It's funny that in over 35 years Mick still hasn't clued into the fact that HE'S JUST THE DRUMMER AND NOBODY CARES ABOUT HIM. It'd be cool if he got sick one night and they had to replace him with a drum machine and nobody noticed. I might pay $1100 dollars just to tell him he's a greedy bastid.

Evan

Don't go that far!!!! I LOVE MICK...he's a great drummer....and I'm not sure this is all Mick's doing....and I'm sure the other members of the band are aware of it, and I'm sure Mick was not responsible for the whole thing...though it is crappy that he is so willing to go along with it...

It's bad enough that good seats to concerts are ridiculously high-priced....and the last couple of concerts I've been to the only people in those seats are rich corporate people...who go only to socialize and drink....at McCartney...most of the people nearest the stage didn't even know the new stuff he was playing!!!! They were drinking and talking loudly...until he'd play a Beatle song...then they'd be a little more alert....is this what we have to look forward to at the Mac shows???

I was SO looking forward to seeing them...but not if I have to give up my life savings and a year of college to do it
Old 02-10-2003, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey fellow Georgian strandinthewind! I'm planning on going to the Atlanta show!

Anyways, I've been reading this, and the SAD thing is........

I'd probably do it.

Yep, I hate to admit it, but I would. BUt only, like Ms. SITW just said, if I was guaranteed that Stevi eand Lindsey would be there with bells on, and that at least some of the money was going towards something more than lining their coffers.

At this point, I'm getting afraid that the pnly way to get good seats is going to be through one of these channels. I hope I am horribly wrong about that!

-Sharon
Old 02-10-2003, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I suppose I tend to agree with Vianna here. There is one member of this band who has a fairly long history of considering himself a businessman, of trying repeatedly to launch money-making schemes, of making unilateral decisions about the band without consulting his bandmates, of taking pride in the image of being a wheeler-dealer, and who doesn't get songwriting or producing royalties - thus has to "clean up" on tour. It is from one bandmember's site that the offer is coming. From the look of Knight's explanation about why the price is so high, it seems he's saying that a portion of the profits need to be put back into that bandmember's website.

If there is one thing I learned about FM long ago when it comes to their music, their business dealings, their financial situations, their politics, their ideals, their outlook, etc., it's that they rarely speak with a unified voice - one of them never speaks for all of them. The others in this band may or may not be aware of this idea. I can't say for sure either way. It would only be speculation. But the rest don't have the histories that would immediately suggest this of them.

I think I will continue to appreciate the artistic output from afar (buying the album and attending a show), as I always have found that to be appropriate and enough for me.
Old 02-10-2003, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hello to you Sulamith from Mr. StrandintheWind

(no offense taken)

I cannot wait for the Atlanta show and intend to make a big night of it. Imagine if they do two shows like for TISL. I want dates NOW NOW NOW

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 02-10-2003, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OOPS! So sorry about the mistaken gender! !

I just want a good view, since this is probably our last chance to ever see them again in person.

I know I should be ashamed of myself for saying I would cough up the 1100 bucks, but this band makes me loose any good sense I may have left.

I may have to PM you about this ticket broker........

If there are two Atalnta shows, I will try to go to both. I thought about driving to Ft. Lauderdale for that one.

-Sharon
Old 02-10-2003, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down Mick'$ Web$ite Di$appointment !!!

Mick did it Again!$$ Vianna & Les explained him so well!
After reading over at Mick's $cheming Fan $ite I did get
the impression he is trying to clean up on this TOUR!

Like Alison I feel betrayed and disappointed and will say
so there! My Spirit is crushed about the new Album! Sad!
Hope L & S are against this meet and greet scheme!Sky

P.S. Maybe that's why Lindsey and Stevie look
the way they do in the new album publicity shot!
Scared and Rather Perplexed!!!
Notice Mick has his foot in a tile fountain!
Lindsey is holding his hands!!!
{So he won't hit something? hahaha!}

Peacekeeper song ... Lindsey

Last edited by Skylark; 02-10-2003 at 11:53 PM..
Old 02-11-2003, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Like someone said earlier, we can't say because we just don't know for sure etc. but you'd think "legally speaking" if it was "just Mick" then it woud have to say "meet Mick backstage (etc.)" specifically, but since it says meet "a couple of the band members" then I'd think there must be at least one other member in "agreement" with this. Who knows though, it's probably John (if anyone) after all has been said and done.

John
Old 02-12-2003, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Chargable Site Access?????????

Quote:
Originally posted by nodmod
I wonder how long it will take for either the complete site of http://www.mickfleetwood.com or a section of it to beome chargable for access!!

As much as this sounds absurd, I am sure that this is a distint possibility and has probably been costed up by the site admins. We know how importent the $$ are to these people!!

Maybe we will get the picture outtakes from the new album posted in the chargable site, woohoo!!
Whoops, do you think Mick's site admins have been lurking here.
It didn't take em long did it

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 02-12-2003, 08:25 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Chargable Site Access?????????

Quote:
Originally posted by nodmod
Whoops, do you think Mick's site admins have been lurking here.
It didn't take em long did it
That Mick knows a good idea when he hears one, Neil!

Mike B.

Old 02-12-2003, 08:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

I wouldn't spend that kind of money without some sort of guarantee one of the "four" would be there. With my luck I would pay the cash and get to meet the guy who plays backup bongos. Technically they could consider him one of the band.....
Old 02-13-2003, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well,Well,Well...those threads have been deleted over at Mick's site...guess they got enough input huh?

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 02-14-2003, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I don't see any guarantees of anything remotely worth paying that price! I have spent some big bucks getting into a VIP section on Stevie's Shangri-La tour and there really was nothing to it! Bad food, watered down drinks and that was about it. Is it a rip-off for what they are offering? Absolutely. Would it be a rip-off if you got to have a sit down chat with the whole band or just the band member of your choice for half an hour . . . . maybe not . . . . but we all know that will never happen.

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 02-14-2003, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Like someone said on here in another thread (Carne or Chili D)can't recall which.Mick is the Daffy Duck of rock and roll.He has ALWAYS been greedy and money grubbing ,but at the same time likes to spend.It could be that he is nearing yet another bankruptcy through botched schemes,overspending and general mismanagement.Sure this latest scheme is tacky, but no surprise.I for one am not going to let it ruin my enjoyment of the new album and tour.

Old 02-14-2003, 04:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by FiercestCalmSea
Well,Well,Well...those threads have been deleted over at Mick's site...guess they got enough input huh?
What threads have been deleted??

Pip
Old 02-14-2003, 05:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The two threads relating to the prospect of a meet and greet.

The saga is over!