Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-05-2004, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Laughably BAD Movies!

We did a thread awhile back about bad movies, but which ones are soooooo bad that they make you laugh? I've seen more than I can count:

Yentl- All those involved should be tortured!! Except for Amy Irving, I love her.

Exit To Eden- Rosie O'Donnell and Dan Aykroyd in bondage gear...ick.

The Night Porter- Anyone remember this sick flick with Charlotte Rampling? Not only is it incredibly disturbing, but it's so badly made that you believe the actors SHOULD have gotten at least $20 mill to star in it.

Lipstick- Margaux Hemingway in high heels and a cocktail dress, armed with a shotgun and chasing her rapist/photographer and succeeding in blowing his bains out. Now that's what I call good fun!

American Beauty- I LOVE the movie, but the scene with the plastic bag blowing in the wind is just so bad that it's funny.

Add yours!

Old 01-05-2004, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Sliver" - Stone and Blawin at their worst and that is saying a mouthful

"The Price of Tides" and "The Mirror has Two Faces" are classic Babs at her best worst. I mean "The Price of Tides" might as well have been called "Its All About B.S. - Can't You Tell by the Number of Close Ups?" and "The Mirror has Two Faces" should have been called "Barbara has Two Wardrobes." As we say in the South- "Bless her heart" - she's just a little self absorbed.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 01-05-2004, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
"The Price of Tides" and "The Mirror has Two Faces" are classic Babs at her best worst. I mean "The Price of Tides" might as well have been called "Its All About B.S. - Can't You Tell by the Number of Close Ups?" and "The Mirror has Two Faces" should have been called "Barbara has Two Wardrobes." As we say in the South- "Bless her heart" - she's just a little self absorbed.
Those flicks are nothing compared to "Nuts." Instead of screaming all her lines, she should've just screamed "I'm Jewish, gimme another goddam Oscar!" throughout the flick.

But, I must admit, I do like "The Prince of Tides." Did you notice, though, her ass was huge in that one?

Old 01-05-2004, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Laughably BAD Movies!

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
American Beauty- I LOVE the movie, but the scene with the plastic bag blowing in the wind is just so bad that it's funny.
LOL...One of my all time favorite movies. But I have to agree about that scene. If a guy really did that a girl would look at him as some sort of psycho.

Everything else with Spacey is absolutely classic.

"Uh, oh! Mom's mad!!"

If we are talking unintentionally bad movies then I have to say recently...Windtalkers. This is one of the worst films I have ever scene from one of the worst (IMHO) filmmakers ever, John Woo.

Intentionally bad...Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller
Old 01-05-2004, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
Those flicks are nothing compared to "Nuts." Instead of screaming all her lines, she should've just screamed "I'm Jewish, gimme another goddam Oscar!" throughout the flick.

But, I must admit, I do like "The Prince of Tides." Did you notice, though, her ass was huge in that one?
Well, she really wasn't acting in "Nuts" a la W. Rider in "Girl Interrupted"

Yes, she had a big caboose in POT. I like the movie and LOVE the book. I just think other people should have been in the movie and perhaps less than 90 close ups of Babs would have been better. But, everyone's a critic . . .

Old 01-05-2004, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Laughably BAD Movies!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob67
If we are talking unintentionally bad movies then I have to say recently...Windtalkers. This is one of the worst films I have ever scene from one of the worst (IMHO) filmmakers ever, John Woo.
Yeah, that was unbearable; I didn't even finish it.

Let's add these to the list:

The Usual Suspects- I despise this movie. It's so self-indulgent and pretentious that I get the dry heaves. Really mediocre stuff.

Pearl Harbor- Can we say "el stinko"? I trot it out every once in awhile just to get a good hearty laugh.

The Pianist- Sorry, it left me cold and with a bad aftertaste. "Pink Flamingos" left a better taste in my mouth than this drivel. But I adore John Waters.

Old 01-05-2004, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, she had a big caboose in POT. I like the movie and LOVE the book. I just think other people should have been in the movie and perhaps less than 90 close ups of Babs would have been better. But, everyone's a critic . . .
Big is an understatement; I mistook it for the Logan runway at first.

Yeah, the book was fantabulous; really good stuff. I think I'm going to trot it out tonight and read it again.

Also, I am convinced that Babs is on a mission to let everyone know with those close-ups that, once and for all, after much speculation and debate, she *is* a Jewish woman.

Old 01-05-2004, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
[B"The Price of Tides" and "The Mirror has Two Faces" are classic Babs at her best worst. I mean "The Price of Tides" might as well have been called "Its All About B.S. - Can't You Tell by the Number of Close Ups?" and "The Mirror has Two Faces" should have been called "Barbara has Two Wardrobes." As we say in the South- "Bless her heart" - she's just a little self absorbed.

[/B]
awww...I LOVE The Mirror has Two Faces lol....but it goes to show you, one man's laughably bad movie is another um gal's favorite movie lol..I am rambling...anyway...my boyfriend may agree with you on that, since I forced him to watch it...heheh...
Old 01-05-2004, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Left Behind sucked SOOO badly. I HATED that flick, but some of the scenes were so freaking stupid that they were humourous. The over-acting was hillarious.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I probably could think of alot but right now From Dusk Til Dawn comes to mind. It's a bad movie but I really enjoyed it.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The one I saw years ago with Billy Burnette called Saturday Night Special! Talk about laughable and corny!

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009
Old 01-06-2004, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Worst Best of all - Valley Of The Dolls !

Re : Babs....My friends have tried to get me to watch "The Mirror Has Two Chins", as they call it, for ages. Alas, I can hardly stand looking at her, let alone seeing her in another movie. Even to laugh at.
Old 01-06-2004, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sparky
The Worst Best of all - Valley Of The Dolls !
That movie *rocks.* "NEEEEEEEELY O'HAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRAAAAA!!!"

Ever read the book? "His dingle blew in the wind..." LMAO! Jacqueline Susann was so awesome.

If you like that one, try "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls." Ebert wrote the screenplay and it is mondo bizarre. But Russ Meyer directed, so...

Old 01-06-2004, 08:13 AM
Senior Ledgie

Speaking of Babs....."The Main Event" anyone???

Or are you all too young to remember
Old 01-06-2004, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by laurie816
Speaking of Babs....."The Main Event" anyone???

Or are you all too young to remember
I saw it in the theatre!!!!