Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-22-2019, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Stevie Nicks, July 2013: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIbnm2z3Atk

2:11: "It is, in many ways, one of the greatest love stories ever told. It’s like one of those great romances of the century."
2:27: "It’s a relationship that spans centuries and has come out on top.”
18:44: “Sometimes I see the boy I first met when he was seventeen. And I haven’t seen him since we first joined Fleetwood Mac."
Quotes like this always make me roll my eyes at stevie. She’s like the Trump of Fleetwood Mac when she says this utter BS. It isn’t even remotely one of the greatest love stories ever told. Give me a break.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Quotes like this always make me roll my eyes at stevie. She’s like the Trump of Fleetwood Mac when she says this utter BS. It isn’t even remotely one of the greatest love stories ever told. Give me a break.
Yeah ..she has said that Lindsey is not even "the great love of her life".She has got some competition as the Trump of Fleetwood Mac though. Have you ever listened to the decades spanning contradictory BS. that has spewed out of Mick's maw?

Old 07-22-2019, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Yeah ..she has said that Lindsey is not even "the great love of her life".
I clearly remember I had a People magazine, can't remember the year though I think, not sure, it was before The Dance era, with a short Stevie Nicks article talking about Mick. Ande she said she had had 3 true loves, and Mick Fleetwood was one of them.

I thought Mick was kind of a brief romance. But my point is that, though she didn't mention the other 2 names, I believed at that moment that Lindsey was one of them.

Again, points of view change with the time. And about the "one of the greatest love stories ever told" quote, I think somewhere Cleopatra and Mark Anthony (even Burton and Taylor) are saying WHAT????!!!!

Last edited by Villavic; 07-22-2019 at 04:15 PM..
Old 07-22-2019, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I clearly remember I had a People magazine, can't remember the year though I think, not sure, it was before The Dance era, with a short Stevie Nicks article talking about Mick. Ande she said she had had 3 true loves, and Mick Fleetwood was one of them.

I thought Mick was kind of a brief romance. But my point is that, though she didn't mention the other 2 names, I believed at that moment that Lindsey was one of them.

Again, points of view change with the time. And about the "one of the greatest love stories ever told" quote, I think somewhere Cleopatra and Mark Anthony (even Burton and Taylor) are saying WHAT????!!!!
Supposedly Joe Walsh was her one true love above all others.
Of course their romance took place at the very height of her cocaine and booze meltdown so ....

Old 07-22-2019, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It isn’t even remotely one of the greatest love stories ever told. Give me a break.
I beg to differ:

Boy meets girl.
Boy and girl date, but not monogamously.
Boy and girl have rocky relationship interrupted by a breakup during which girl gets together with another boy.
Boy and girl stay together despite turmoil so as not to deep-six lucrative job offer.
Boy and girl breakup acrimoniously.
Boy writes in publicly-released song that "shacking up" is all the girl wants to do.
Boy and girl hardly speak to one another and have chilly working relationship for ten years.
Boy quits.
Girl and boy violently attack one another.
Girl warns boy that her family will kill him if anything happens to her.
Boy and girl don't speak for ten years, then reunite professionally for the money.
Boy and girl feign affection for one another for 20 years while despising one other just beneath the surface.
Girl stabs boy in back and stages coup to oust him from the band to which he's devoted much of his professional life.
Boy has heart attack and loses his voice.

It's the classic fairytale.

Last edited by cbBen; 07-22-2019 at 08:13 PM..
Old 07-22-2019, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
It's the classic fairytale.
Well if there is one thing in Mick's first book that I know is 100% true is: The love-hate saga between those two will never end.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, for some people it’s easier to believe Nicks did what she did because she loooooves Lindsey instead of believing she simply hates him. The former puts her under a sympathetic light.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Well, for some people it’s easier to believe Nicks did what she did because she loooooves Lindsey instead of believing she simply hates him. The former puts her under a sympathetic light.
Sympathetic light? As a lighting guy, I'd like to cast a nice deep red on her, to show her true colors. At her viewing.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:10 PM

I'll never forget Christine's quote on the BBC Tracks of My Years 2013: Which completely ruined the SHIPPERS' fantasy.

She had picked 'Races are Run' for one of her tracks. She then talked about how amazing B/N were as a duo and their tightness and togetherness as a couple. She then commented, "Not in any other way these days. hahaha"

And, it confirmed what I already knew.

I also wondered if she had to have been talking to FM at that point. Of course, she was talking w/ Mick as well.

I suspect Mick warned her that the hate was still brewing more than ever. The birth of this break-up of FMAC 5 is due to that hatred. And then $$$$$$
Old 07-24-2019, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I suspect Mick warned her that the hate was still brewing more than ever.
That was 2013. I didn't perceived any hate in 2005

Or in 1996

Sagas will be sagas!
Old 07-24-2019, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
That was 2013. I didn't perceived any hate in 2005

Or in 1996

Sagas will be sagas!
Yeah, I still don't buy that just because they worked together on a few projects meant there wasn't hatred brewing.

Christine and Lindsey did a whole album together and look what happened.
Old 07-25-2019, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I always assumed those top quotes were about Fleetwood Mac in general and the band relationships, not her and Lindsey in particular. At least that's how the editing of the video made it look.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I always assumed those top quotes were about Fleetwood Mac in general and the band relationships, not her and Lindsey in particular. At least that's how the editing of the video made it look.
They are answers to questions specifically about Lindsey.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Supposedly Joe Walsh was her one true love above all others.
Of course their romance took place at the very height of her cocaine and booze meltdown so ....
...who affectionately called her, "road ass" on the Howard Stern show.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegirl View Post
...who affectionately called her, "road ass" on the Howard Stern show.
or rode hard and put away wet