The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-01-2018, 02:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie Nicks Always Wanted Mike Campbell in FM???

https://youtu.be/PT7vC8CuOdM

Some have suspected this. He mentions Nightbird sounding like a Heartbreakers song in this video. He posted about this elsewhere but I couldn't find it.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 08-01-2018, 03:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember watching one of this guy's videos right after Lindsey was fired. He was fairly nonchalant about it-- chalking it up to the usual FM drama, Lindsey left before and they survived, and the addition of capable musicians. His perspective has really changed over time. Just the video titles alone indicate this: "Is FM In Damage Control", "Stevie Nicks Should Have Toughed It Out". I know he got major backlash in the comment sections early on. It's interesting to see the evolution of his viewpoint since he doesn't seem like a FM fanatic.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lola, you do realize this is just some random dude with no insider knowledge filming himself in his living room, right? Why is the stuff he pulls out of his a$$ worthy of its own thread? As you yourself say, he's not even much of a fan! These titles should at least be phrased as "There's a random guy who thinks that Stevie Nicks always wanted Mike Campbell in Fleetwood Mac" to show that they're not based on comments by someone in the know, as most would assume when they read the title.

Last edited by sodascouts; 08-01-2018 at 05:05 AM..
Old 08-01-2018, 05:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Lola, you do realize this is just some random dude with no insider knowledge filming himself in his living room, right? Why is the stuff he pulls out of his a$$ worthy of its own thread? As you yourself say, he's not even much of a fan! These titles should at least be phrased as "There's a random guy who thinks that Stevie Nicks always wanted Mike Campbell in Fleetwood Mac" to show that they're not based on comments by someone in the know, as most would assume when they read the title.
Just thought it was interesting, nothing more. I'll try to be more descriptive in the title--question marks didn't work. He is a random guy no doubt but I didn't get to that part till after the video. Mods can delete this thread. I work nights and sometimes this kind of stuff happens with me in the middle of my shift when I'm getting tired
Old 08-01-2018, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Just thought it was interesting, nothing more. I'll try to be more descriptive in the title--question marks didn't work. He is a random guy no doubt but I didn't get to that part till after the video. Mods can delete this thread. I work nights and sometimes this kind of stuff happens with me in the middle of my shift when I'm getting tired
Sorry if I sounded harsh, but the last thread sparked people all over Facebook talking about how FM was going to tour with Journey, as if "industry insiders" had talked about it and it seriously might happen!

Old 08-01-2018, 06:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It’s interesting, and yes, I think this was planned, at least since Tom’s death. No grieving involved, of course. And Lindsey (for those who have forgotten it, the victim here), never saw it coming.

You did nothing wrong. Stevie did.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Sorry if I sounded harsh, but the last thread sparked people all over Facebook talking about how FM was going to tour with Journey, as if "industry insiders" had talked about it and it seriously might happen!
OMG!! I don't do Facebook so I had no idea. Holy crap!
Old 08-01-2018, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I cant even watch or listen to this guy because it takes him forever to make one point plus those sunglasses are so dorky.
He has no insider information and he is talking his opinion only.
So Stevie conspired to make Nightbird sound like a Hearbreakers song so 40 years later she could fire Lindsey and hire Mike as the replacement.
You lost me on Nightbird sounding like the heartbreakers.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
OMG!! I don't do Facebook so I had no idea. Holy crap!
I know! A lot of people just read the title and don't even click on the thread, much less watch the video. People are lazy, lol. So I first read about it on Facebook, presented as something that insiders believed might happen, and I came here to verify the source and was like "ugh."

Plus this particular guy annoys me because he ACTS like he's in the know, but doesn't even get his facts straight, and he steals stuff from message boards without giving credit (you can bet he's visited this one to see where his traffic is coming from). After watching a few vids where he would make downright false statements (Example: Lindsey always wanted to play it safe with setlists and only play the hits), I decided I wouldn't give him any more views.

Last edited by sodascouts; 08-01-2018 at 07:28 AM..
Old 08-02-2018, 02:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The guy has a hunch, that's good enough for me.

Is this the same guy that slept with Ms. Nicks???
Old 08-02-2018, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I cant even watch or listen to this guy because it takes him forever to make one point plus those sunglasses are so dorky.
He has no insider information and he is talking his opinion only.
So Stevie conspired to make Nightbird sound like a Hearbreakers song so 40 years later she could fire Lindsey and hire Mike as the replacement.
You lost me on Nightbird sounding like the heartbreakers.
This guy is a hack.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
This guy is a hack.
Bet he's an Auburn fan.
Old 08-02-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Bet he's an Auburn fan.
So is Rusty.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know this is all speculation but I think she really did always want her own 'people' in the FM world. It started way back too, with all the stories about how she'd give all her different girlfriends these random 'jobs' just as a way to bring them on tour with her and they pretty quickly became like an entourage surrounding her constantly And then she successfully got Lori and Sharon to officially be part of their touring band as backup singers. Then there was the whole Sheryl Crow fiasco from when Stevie was pretty tight friends with her. I doubt that prior to Tom's death, she ever thought about bringing Mike into FM but after Tom passed I'm sure she would've jumped at any opportunity to have someone like Mike (who was her friend/collaborator for years as well as a strong connection to Tom) close to her.