Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-10-2003, 08:56 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs up Rick Vito News

Speaking of "Second Hand News", there was also some new Rick Vito news posted too!

February 08, 2003: Rick Vito dropped us a note and updated us on many different things:

His artwork is featured this past year in the gallery showing "The Art of Music" at the Avalon Gallery in Las Vegas, Nevada. The show is sponsored by the Grammy Foundation and also features work by Lennon, Entwistle, Bowie, Ron Wood, Jerry Garcia, and many others. Rick is currently working out the details to offer RV originals and prints to fans online if they are interested.

Rick is in the wrap up stages with a distributing and marketing company to release a US version of "Lucky Devils" which actually features songs from "Crazy Cool" and a couple new ones, all remastered.

The German label, Hypertension Music, will release yet another RV CD, tentatively called "Band Box Boogie" this spring.

That's GREAT! Looking forward to that new CD!

Michele
Old 02-10-2003, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question Re: Rick Vito News

Quote:
Originally posted by Michele
Rick is in the wrap up stages with a distributing and marketing company to release a US version of "Lucky Devils" which actually features songs from "Crazy Cool" and a couple new ones, all remastered. The German label, Hypertension Music, will release yet another RV CD, tentatively called "Band Box Boogie" this spring
I'm especially looking forward to these, I wonder what the "bonus tracks" will be (outside of the CC stuff) on the US version of the LD CD?

John
Old 02-10-2003, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Considering that he had a full album titled Bluestown that was ready for release, but delayed, then retracked & released as Pink & Black, I think maybe a couple of the tracks may come from there. He continues to play a couple of songs live that were on the original Bluestown album...the title cut & "Come Back Little Sheba", neither of which have shown up in studio versions on subsequent albums.

He could not release Bandbox Boogie any quicker for my tastes...I'm ready for some new Rick Vito material...hell, I'm ALWAYS ready for new Rick Vito material!
Old 02-10-2003, 01:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
He could not release Bandbox Boogie any quicker for my tastes...I'm ready for some new Rick Vito material...hell, I'm ALWAYS ready for new Rick Vito material!
You're not anxious or anything, are you?

Rick is really a great guy...hope to see him live one day.

Michele