The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-14-2004, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Kerry is now locked in a dead-heat with Gephardt for second place in Iowa, according to the latest poll! And Dean quickly dwindling...

Dean Lead Shrinks in Iowa, Kerry gains
by John Whitesides political correspondent

DES MOINES, IA (Reuters)

"Democratic presidential front-runner Howard Dean held a shrinking three point lead and John Kerry moved into a dead heat with Richard Gephardt for second place in Iowa five days before the state's caucuses, according to a Reuters/MSNBC/Zogby poll released Wednesday.

In a shifting race for the Democratic campaign's first big prize, Dean dropped four percentage points to 24 percent in the rolling three-day tracking poll and Kerry gained four points to tie Gephardt in second place at 21 percent."

Old 01-14-2004, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I mean COME ON - this is classic crap and from ABC no less

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/WNT/I..._040114-1.html

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 01-14-2004, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In addtition to putting them away, they should take all of their money away and I mean all of it - Do not leave them with one tiny jaguar - MOTHER FU$$ERS!!! Let them repay the debt they stole on the backs of millions Perhaps the $30 million fine does that.

Also, my fav. is regarding the wife - who must have had some cuplability to even be in the mess - the article states "Her attorney said the couple insisted on the five-month sentence to ensure that their two young sons have at least one parent at home. U.S. District Judge David Hittner demanded that he retain the right to alter Lea Fastow's term when he sentences her at a future date." Think they give that consideration to you or me or some poor black woman that the system has screwed into stealing a loaf of bread. AAARRRRGRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by strandinthewind; 01-14-2004 at 08:43 PM..
Old 01-14-2004, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind

Agreed. What's the deal with Democratic presidential candidiates and state troopers? No politician is going to knowingly sign an affadavit in a divorce case involving domestic violence.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I saw that on World news Tonight and I just rolled my eyes. Even I thought that was ridiculous.

Old 01-14-2004, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
I saw that on World news Tonight and I just rolled my eyes. Even I thought that was ridiculous.
OMG - we all agree - ROB WHERE ARE YOU - a four way agreement might be cause for a cosmo

Old 01-14-2004, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Susan Estrich is on Fox News right now; gawd, I love that woman. She cracks me up and I *love* that voice.

Old 01-14-2004, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OMG - we all agree - ROB WHERE ARE YOU - a four way agreement might be cause for a cosmo

Old 01-14-2004, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
Susan Estrich is on Fox News right now; gawd, I love that woman. She cracks me up and I *love* that voice.
I know I seem to remember she and the Coultergeist went at it once and Susan sort of had this "honey - you have stripper hair and you want me to take you seriously" look on her face I want to say it was on Biily O's show way back when.

Old 01-14-2004, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know I seem to remember she and the Coultergeist went at it once and Susan sort of had this "honey - you have stripper hair and you want me to take you seriously" look on her face I want to say it was on Biily O's show way back when.
*scrambles to find a transcript*

If I find it, I'll post it!

Old 01-14-2004, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/14/po...14MARR.html?th

Bush Plans $1.5 Billion Drive for Promotion of Marriage

"The officials said they believed that the measure was especially timely because they were facing pressure from conservatives eager to see the federal government defend traditional marriage, after a decision by the highest court in Massachusetts. The court ruled in November that gay couples had a right to marry under the state's Constitution.

"This is a way for the president to address the concerns of conservatives and to solidify his conservative base," a presidential adviser said."

They want to tell us how to live our lives but not if there is a nuclear accident or food contamination.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/14/po...14MARR.html?th

Bush Plans $1.5 Billion Drive for Promotion of Marriage

"The officials said they believed that the measure was especially timely because they were facing pressure from conservatives eager to see the federal government defend traditional marriage, after a decision by the highest court in Massachusetts. The court ruled in November that gay couples had a right to marry under the state's Constitution.

"This is a way for the president to address the concerns of conservatives and to solidify his conservative base," a presidential adviser said."

They want to tell us how to live our lives but not if there is a nuclear accident or food contamination.
This makes me so f*cking mad that I see red. F*ck Bush and his beliefs, he shouldn't be pushing them on the whole country. The fact is that the country is split down the middle, fifty-fifty, so there is no majority. What he's trying to do is protect an institution that is abused beyond belief already and only keeping the people who love each other from having the right to marry. Marriage has absolutely nothing to do with the church, it has to do with the state. The state is the institution that grants the power to marry, not the church. The church only performs the ceremony. Why can't gay couples be married in town halls or by justice's of the peace? There is no reason why they shouldn't be granted that right. They are humans who want to marry the love of their life just as much as straight folks do. This whole proposal of ammending the Constitution is offensive, wrong, and utterly asinine. It's simply a way for some to force their religion and politics on others and it's SICKENING. Shrub can kiss my fat liberal ass and choke on another damn pretzel.

Old 01-14-2004, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

http://www.dailystar.com/dailystar/metro/5660.php

Clark beats Dean in Ariz. poll

Two-man race?

Wesley Clark 39%

Howard Dean 32%

By C.J. Karamargin
ARIZONA DAILY STAR

"Wesley Clark is the new front-runner among Arizonans planning to vote in next month's Democratic presidential primary.

The latest Eyewitness News 4/Arizona Daily Star poll shows the retired Army general marched past Howard Dean to command the support of 39 percent of state voters. Dean, former governor of Vermont, has the backing of 32 percent.

Both candidates - Washington outsiders who never before mounted national campaigns - are well ahead of everyone else in the nine-person contest."
Old 01-14-2004, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Carol Moseley Braun is dropping out of the race and giving all of her support to Howard Dean!
Old 01-15-2004, 02:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You better make that officially a FOUR way !!!!!

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller