User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Bob Welch mention in 'My Appetite for Destruction'

Heyyy

I am reading a book called 'My Appetite for Destruction - Sex, Drugs & Guns N' Roses' by former & original drummer Steven Adler. It's a really good book - very raw & honest. In a scene where Steven starts seeing this girl, before GNR is formed, the girl decides to take him out. I was excited to read this:

Quote: p.66

Loretta and I had been together for about a week when one evening she had a surprise for me. She was driving up in the Hollywood Hills in her '76 Dodge Pinto. "I know a fun dude who lives up here."

I asked, "Who?"
"Bob Welch."
"Bob Welch!" I excitedly shouted back. Welch was a member of Fleetwood Mac until 1974 and had a great solo career after Heroes are Hard to Find, his last album with Mac. Two of his biggest hits were "Sentimental Lady" and "Ebony Eyes." "Sentimental Lady" was actually a song he first recorded with Fleetwood Mac on their Bare Trees album. Both versions are gorgeous love songs and needless to say, I was stoked to meet the guy.

Poor Loretta had no idea that Bob had OD'd on heroin a few days before and was presently in the hospital. His friend Ted was staying at his house, and he invited us in. Bob had a very plush, stylish home. We were hanging out in the living room when Ted lifted a glass pipe off the table. It looked like a clear light bulb with two stems protruding from it. He handed it to me, and I held it in my hand and looked in the bowl of the pipe, and there was a little white chunk. I just figured, "Oh, Coke." I lit up and inhaled with no fear. It felt amazing, complete and utter euphoria. I thought it was the highest-quality blow I had ever sampled. But it wasn't. High-quality coke would have been a tender blessing compared to this curse. Had that pipe been a loaded revolver, it couldn't have done more harm..........