User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-02-2020, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
^ She couldn't perform 45 minutes on her own. She'd have to sing without accompaniment. Think she could play Landslide on the goya?
Okay. She’d have to get Waddy and charge $20.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-02-2020, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Okay. She’d have to get Waddy and charge $20.
LOL. I think she'd need Darrel and Ricky too. But she'd charge $500 a ticket.

Melissa Etheridge does amazing at home concerts. She makes drum, vocal, loops+
Old 12-02-2020, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL. I think she'd need Darrel and Ricky too. But she'd charge $500 a ticket.

Because $he's worth even more than that. Just ask her.

Well, you see, Melissa is an actual artist. More than just a created persona.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Do you think a store exclusive Don Henley or Glen Frey solo live CD would have fared better?

Furthermore, it’s her fourth solo live release.
Don? ABSOF*CKINGLUTELY.

FOUR live releases? Boy, $he really is dried out, in more ways than one.
Old 12-02-2020, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just like Lindsey’s regular concerts.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-02-2020, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Don? ABSOF*CKINGLUTELY.
I’m not convinced, but maybe.

Quote:
FOUR live releases? Boy, $he really is dried out, in more ways than one.
I don’t disagree. The well dried up in 1985. It’s been occasional hit and mostly miss ever since.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-03-2020, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I’m not convinced, but maybe.

I don’t disagree. The well dried up in 1985. It’s been occasional hit and mostly miss ever since.
OMFG...

You didn't argue a point.

Somebody call me an ambulance!
Old 12-03-2020, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just like Lindsey’s regular concerts.
And plenty of other performers. I think Lindsey concerts are excellent.
Old 12-03-2020, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Garth Brooks sold a multi-disc greatest hits exclusively through Target and it hit top 10.

He another compilation through Walmart too and hit Top 10.

Is 24 Karat Gold Live CD a greatest hits? I thought she said there were 6 new songs in the set.

Not sure if it's apples and oranges. She's had millions of people finding out who she is through tiktok, an interview on national tv, a theatrically released film with an ad for the cd and vinyl at the end, and an extraordinary amount of press. She's the most popular and successful artist int he world.

Eagles didn't have social media and it was a horrible economy when that album was released.
The GB comparison is closer. Apples to pears. Even though it was a boxed set, Garth Brooks exclusive release did include 18 unreleased tracks, which is basically a whole album of new material.

Previously recorded studio tracks performed live I wouldn't consider "new material".

While the 2007-2009 economy was horrible, we're still going through the current financial issues, so it's hard to say which will end up being worse in the history books.

Having said that, I don't think a full or even partial album of new Stevie material would necessarily have charted either, but that's left to be seen I suppose.
Old 12-03-2020, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow View Post
Previously recorded studio tracks performed live I wouldn't consider "new material".
Was Gold and Braid a studio track? Maybe it was on the Bella Donna Expanded Edition.

I think she did the Target CD exclusive because they paid big money for the exclusivity, or was it because mgmt. didn't expect big sales with a wider release.

I liked how the 24KG album had a special through her site where you could get the two extra tracks and a surprise lithograph. I got the one with her holding a cigarette or a pen?

IYD did the same through her site but you could also get the extra track CD only and B & N.
Old 12-03-2020, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow View Post
Having said that, I don't think a full or even partial album of new Stevie material would necessarily have charted either, but that's left to be seen I suppose.
I just don’t understand why these people need to worry about charts all the time. I know they all have lifestyles that have to be sustained, but you would think that all those repackages of Rumours and all those multimillion-dollar tours allow them to sustain their lavish lifestyles AND produce new music just to find that spark of life in them. They don’t have to be relevant to the times — they have to be relevant to life. But they’re all so fixated on charts and marketing and maximal yields. It’s that crazed drive for selling every product they make that is beginning to sound like the true legacy of Fleetwood Mac. To think that the first and greatest member of the band — the person who started it all — very soon concluded that the marketing and the music were going to be a very uneasy alliance, and that he was more interested in the latter, really says something (especially since they labeled him nuts at the time). Maybe he was right in 1969–70. If everything you do is calculated to reap big profits even after you have made a killing, you really won’t have much to contribute to the artistic or emotional well-being of a society. If you pull in millions from five or six albums and still can’t live the way you want and create what you want from that point on, you’re doing something wrong ...

... unless you’re in fact a corporation, not an artist.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-03-2020, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Your Dreams View Post
Just a forewarning, the PBS special isn’t the complete version of the concert shown in theatres. It edits out all the talking (some people here may prefer that), has a different running order than the cd and is not the complete set list. It also skipped a bit during a couple songs (Moonlight, Crying In The Night and Edge) but maybe that was technical issues with the station and not the show.
If you stream the version that’s on PBS Passport (their streaming app), it’s the full version with all the talking.
Old 12-03-2020, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I just don’t understand why these people need to worry about charts all the time. I know they all have lifestyles that have to be sustained, but you would think that all those repackages of Rumours and all those multimillion-dollar tours allow them to sustain their lavish lifestyles AND produce new music just to find that spark of life in them. They don’t have to be relevant to the times — they have to be relevant to life. But they’re all so fixated on charts and marketing and maximal yields. It’s that crazed drive for selling every product they make that is beginning to sound like the true legacy of Fleetwood Mac. To think that the first and greatest member of the band — the person who started it all — very soon concluded that the marketing and the music were going to be a very uneasy alliance, and that he was more interested in the latter, really says something (especially since they labeled him nuts at the time). Maybe he was right in 1969–70. If everything you do is calculated to reap big profits even after you have made a killing, you really won’t have much to contribute to the artistic or emotional well-being of a society. If you pull in millions from five or six albums and still can’t live the way you want and create what you want from that point on, you’re doing something wrong ...

A yes staff doesn't say yes for free.
Old 12-03-2020, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
They’ve been a corporation ever since they fired Mick and brought on Irving Azoff.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-04-2020, 06:42 AM

Quote:
They’ve been a corporation ever since they fired Mick and brought on Irving Azoff.
BINGO! ding ding ding ding ding ding.... You've been saying that since you joined TL. It's reality.