Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-15-2017, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
hahaha. guess you guys don't have much trust in Stevie's abilities to make any songs better or add something to it.
lololol right???!!!!!
Old 04-15-2017, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Chris .Lindsey and Mick have been discussing the music on this album like it is the second coming of Rumours leading people to believe that every song on the album must be a masterpiece or close to it .The single is not terrible but seems like a middling Lindsey solo single. The song and the album cover suggest a kind of can't be bothered thrown together project .Even the much maligned on this forum 24GK album seemed to have more thought put into it ..but I guess we'll soon see.
Much maligned 24k gold? It is one of her best solo albums and one of her best reviewed by critics solo albums. Maligned by who --- people who marinated in the demos? Blah
Old 04-15-2017, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
hahaha. guess you guys don't have much trust in Stevie's abilities to make any songs better or add something to it.
Not much but she would of fought for a more commercial sound and they would kiss her butt and do it
Old 04-15-2017, 01:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Not much but she would of fought for a more commercial sound and they would kiss her butt and do it
I'm sure Stevie would've fought for a more commercial sound, but they wouldn't have kissed her ass, which is exactly why she doesn't want to record with them.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-15-2017, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I'm sure Stevie would've fought for a more commercial sound, but they wouldn't have kissed her ass, which is exactly why she doesn't want to record with them.
They licked her toes and still couldn't get her in the studio.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been listening more and I'm liking it a little better, but I'm still not loving it. As catchy as the chorus is, I'm not into it. The verses really aren't so bad; I just don't like the over-produced sound on the chorus. I do like the music though just not the vocals so much.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanJT View Post
I'm curious, Michele, why you think the rest of the album sounds like 'Trouble'? Thanks for any insight!
Oh, I was just teasing. I don't expect it to sound like Trouble. In fact, because Christine is there to give his edgier songs balance with her own contributions, I do not want him to be too poppy at all.

Law and Order needed a Trouble badly (and I love it), but I would hope on the upcoming album he gives us more songs like "One Take" or "Gift of Screws."

Michele
Old 04-15-2017, 05:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
if you were a huge Lindsey fan, this would probably be really really really really really disappointing to you.

(sorry wondergirl, you are in minority as far as huge LB fans go re this song. and Peestie, you seem to be on the brink. other huge LB fans are all like - blah, this sounds nothing like Lindsey we know and love.)
My favourite Lindsey stuff is the less poppy things, sure. DYMM is very good but still my least favourite from GOS (tied with Treason). But I do love the poppy stuff (LRD, Underground,TRPTF) as well. IMW fits right in them with them in terms of quality, though it has a new mood that wasn't on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Law and Order needed a Trouble badly (and I love it), but I would hope on the upcoming album he gives us more songs like "One Take" or "Gift of Screws."

Michele
If we are lucky we'll get 1 song like that. I would put money on there being no Murrows or Red Rovers here. My expectation has always been that this will be Lindsey doing his best to be Pop-Lindsey while retaining his sense of doing something new sonically. In My World succeeds on those terms.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

http://societyofrock.com/christine-m...heels-in-love/

photo credit: http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/post/50841263790 [end of Rumours/Tusk era pic of the 2 of them]

Christine McVie & Lindsey Buckingham’s New Song, “In My World” Is Here, And We’re Head Over Heels In Love

Christine McVie & Lindsey Buckingham’s New Song, “In My World” Is Here, And We’re Head Over Heels In Love | Society Of Rock Videos
photo credit: http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/post/50841263790

First Single From Pair’s Upcoming Duets Album

So we’re still a little bummed about the very real possibility that Fleetwood Mac are finished making albums, but on the bright side we’ve got Christine McVie and Lindsey Buckingham, who sucker punched us this morning with their brand new song, “In My World”. The debut single from the pair’s upcoming album, “In My World” marks the first time Lindsey and Christine have worked together since Fleetwood Mac’s 1987 album Tango In The Night, currently celebrating its 30th anniversary with a deluxe reissue, and finds the pair exploring the sonic soundscape we’ve come to know and love from Fleetwood Mac but with one glaring difference: it’s on their terms.

“We were exploring a creative process, and the identity of the project took on a life organically,” Buckingham says in a press release.

“The body of work felt like it was meant to be a duet album. We acknowledged that to each other on many occasions, and said to ourselves, ‘What took us so long?!'”

What NPR calls equal parts ‘whimsy and wistful,’ “In My World” showcases the best that Buckingham-McVie have to offer; rock solid lyrics telling a story about love and loss mixed with a little wishful thinking as Buckingham breathes his way through lines like “In my world, everybody stays/Nobody wishin’ for words they couldn’t say,” highlighted by McVie’s crystalline harmonies and the sweeping guitars and twinkling piano we’ve come to know and love from these two over the years.

The album, simply titled Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie, is due out on June 9th through Atlantic Records, but since that’s just a little too long to wait for fans who have been itching for anything new from the Fleetwood Mac camp, check out “In My World” in the audio below. Enjoy!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-15-2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
http://societyofrock.com/christine-m...heels-in-love/

photo credit: http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/post/50841263790 [end of Rumours/Tusk era pic of the 2 of them]

Christine McVie & Lindsey Buckingham’s New Song, “In My World” Is Here, And We’re Head Over Heels In Love

Christine McVie & Lindsey Buckingham’s New Song, “In My World” Is Here, And We’re Head Over Heels In Love | Society Of Rock Videos
photo credit: http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/post/50841263790

First Single From Pair’s Upcoming Duets Album

So we’re still a little bummed about the very real possibility that Fleetwood Mac are finished making albums, but on the bright side we’ve got Christine McVie and Lindsey Buckingham, who sucker punched us this morning with their brand new song, “In My World”. The debut single from the pair’s upcoming album, “In My World” marks the first time Lindsey and Christine have worked together since Fleetwood Mac’s 1987 album Tango In The Night, currently celebrating its 30th anniversary with a deluxe reissue, and finds the pair exploring the sonic soundscape we’ve come to know and love from Fleetwood Mac but with one glaring difference: it’s on their terms.

“We were exploring a creative process, and the identity of the project took on a life organically,” Buckingham says in a press release.

“The body of work felt like it was meant to be a duet album. We acknowledged that to each other on many occasions, and said to ourselves, ‘What took us so long?!'”

What NPR calls equal parts ‘whimsy and wistful,’ “In My World” showcases the best that Buckingham-McVie have to offer; rock solid lyrics telling a story about love and loss mixed with a little wishful thinking as Buckingham breathes his way through lines like “In my world, everybody stays/Nobody wishin’ for words they couldn’t say,” highlighted by McVie’s crystalline harmonies and the sweeping guitars and twinkling piano we’ve come to know and love from these two over the years.

The album, simply titled Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie, is due out on June 9th through Atlantic Records, but since that’s just a little too long to wait for fans who have been itching for anything new from the Fleetwood Mac camp, check out “In My World” in the audio below. Enjoy!
Where are Christine's "crystalline harmonies"?
Old 04-15-2017, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
My favourite Lindsey stuff is the less poppy things, sure. DYMM is very good but still my least favourite from GOS (tied with Treason). But I do love the poppy stuff (LRD, Underground,TRPTF) as well. IMW fits right in them with them in terms of quality, though it has a new mood that wasn't on there.
i so love it Peestie that we can get your balanced opinions and music expertise thrown into this whole mix when we are discussing all this! see, to my ears even LRD is at least somewhat i guess *weighted* even if i dislike it....but it probably fits with my dislike of this one. but Underground and The Right Place To Fade are exact kind of poppy stuff that i LOVE from Lindsey. i would be jumping through the moon if that was the kind of poppy stuff we are getting on this album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post

If we are lucky we'll get 1 song like that. I would put money on there being no Murrows or Red Rovers here. My expectation has always been that this will be Lindsey doing his best to be Pop-Lindsey while retaining his sense of doing something new sonically. In My World succeeds on those terms.
oh i agree. i just want my best pop-Lindsey though, if that's what we can reasonably expect from Fleetwood Macy album. my Sad Angel/Right Place To Fade/Underground/Second Hand News Lindsey. even Miss Fantasy really really grew on me. but that's just my taste in music.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-15-2017, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm beginning to think this will be an Album of Lindsey song, Christine song, Lindsey song Christine song etc etc....
Not exactly duets, as on the first single there is no Christine...
Old 04-15-2017, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I'm beginning to think this will be an Album of Lindsey song, Christine song, Lindsey song Christine song etc etc....
Not exactly duets, as on the first single there is no Christine...
ummm yeah, exactly like Say You Will, which didn't work as a cohesive whole.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
ummm yeah, exactly like Say You Will, which didn't work as a cohesive whole.
Strange thing about SYW....I bought it from a charity shop and played it in the car on most journeys..
In the end it has become one of my favourite Albums.
But I know what you mean about it, it's your song,my song, etcetc and never any meeting in the middle.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:55 AM
Ledgie

I don't often post very much, but read these threads often. I can't understand how you guys can't love this track! Very Buckingham, once again showing his ability to push things in a new direction. A really cool chorus with a melody unlike anything I've heard from him. Awesome Mcvie Fuzz bass in the intro, great swell guitar parts, and once again the most underrated part of his work, the lyrics. This is track 3 on the album right? In my opinion this was not meant to be a slam dunk single, but a response to Stevie Nicks and her unwillingness to participate in the album.

Lindsey is an artist who pushes, and isn't going to record music to sound like things he has done before, but it will have always have his stamp on it, if it is "his" track. To do this at his age is amazing, and I for one feel lucky to hear new stuff from living legend musicians like him; I think we all should feel this way.

thanks!