User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I should add the seats were in Section C.
glad you managed to finally get the code and the reserved tix, but that is so annoying!

i really hope it won't turn out they were offering only A and C on presale, and that you could still get section B on general sale without having to get extra winery membership. at least the place is close to you, i once joined Chicago Winery for LB solo show (although split it with friends since we were buying 4 tix together) and i've never been to Chicago since!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-23-2017, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
glad you managed to finally get the code and the reserved tix, but that is so annoying!

i really hope it won't turn out they were offering only A and C on presale, and that you could still get section B on general sale without having to get extra winery membership. at least the place is close to you, i once joined Chicago Winery for LB solo show (although split it with friends since we were buying 4 tix together) and i've never been to Chicago since!
yeah it's always a coin toss between getting in early or waiting and hoping you'll have just as good a selection later. Having been lucky and been burned both ways, I can see the tradeoff between both options.

Right now I'm happier knowing whether I've got tickets. I would likely go even if the only thing available was sitting on the grass (you can bring very low beach chairs there) just to have gone. But as I get older I like having the more comfortable option and for those prices so close to home, and I know I want to go for sure, so..... now I don't have to think about it til it's time to go
Old 03-23-2017, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yeah it's always a coin toss between getting in early or waiting and hoping you'll have just as good a selection later. Having been lucky and been burned both ways, I can see the tradeoff between both options.

Right now I'm happier knowing whether I've got tickets. I would likely go even if the only thing available was sitting on the grass (you can bring very low beach chairs there) just to have gone. But as I get older I like having the more comfortable option and for those prices so close to home, and I know I want to go for sure, so..... now I don't have to think about it til it's time to go
yeah i'd be the same! i had several experiences recently, both for theaters and stadiums, where i barely managed to get in on the presale, and once the general onsale hit it was completely impossible to get in and i'd never get any tix that way except from scalpers. so speaking from my recent experiences presale has been a way to go.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-23-2017, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yeah i'd be the same! i had several experiences recently, both for theaters and stadiums, where i barely managed to get in on the presale, and once the general onsale hit it was completely impossible to get in and i'd never get any tix that way except from scalpers. so speaking from my recent experiences presale has been a way to go.
I'm wondering if they're putting this show out there first and just waiting to see how ticket sales go to gauge demand before making commitments to additional shows...
Old 03-23-2017, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm wondering if they're putting this show out there first and just waiting to see how ticket sales go to gauge demand before making commitments to additional shows...
you might be right!

it has not been advertised or promoted in any way, and is completely under the radar so far... not even on LB's website or any of Christine's social media. so i don't know how representative it would be but i guess if this sells out immediately with basically a word of mouth they might consider larger venues or multiple dates in smaller ones (please please please pleaseplease let it still not be larger venues!! just stay intimate, do multiple dates and/or charge more).

Old 03-23-2017, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you might be right!

it has not been advertised or promoted in any way, and is completely under the radar so far... not even on LB's website or any of Christine's social media. so i don't know how representative it would be but i guess if this sells out immediately with basically a word of mouth they might consider larger venues or multiple dates in smaller ones (please please please pleaseplease let it still not be larger venues!! just stay intimate, do multiple dates and/or charge more).
it's odd coz on the venue's website it provides links to both of their websites, but when I checked, as you note, there was nothing on either.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was trying to gauge how many seats would have been sold if in fact A, B and D had sold already.... each section looks to have (very roughly) 300 or so seats. If all 3 sections were sold out (which I am suspicious of) that's 900 or so seats..and with 100 still showing avail in section C, they'd have sold maybe 1100 seats or so.... which would be great if it were the case.... if they're just holding reserved seats back, which I have to assume the are, maybe they've sold ......I dunno......between say 500-800???
Old 03-24-2017, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

In the 32 Stevie Nicks / Fleetwood Mac shows I've been to, I've only gotten lucky with ONE pre-sale. Lucky meaning seats popped up in the second row. All of the other times I've had better luck with the general sales.
And don't be afraid to throw back seats they offer you in rows 10 or further back. Most times I've gotten row 5 or closer it's been after 12 attempts or so. By that time I'm sweating nervous wreck, but it usually pays off.
Good luck!

Jamie
Old 03-24-2017, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
In the 32 Stevie Nicks / Fleetwood Mac shows I've been to, I've only gotten lucky with ONE pre-sale. Lucky meaning seats popped up in the second row. All of the other times I've had better luck with the general sales.
And don't be afraid to throw back seats they offer you in rows 10 or further back. Most times I've gotten row 5 or closer it's been after 12 attempts or so. By that time I'm sweating nervous wreck, but it usually pays off.
Good luck!

Jamie
Also, sometimes being a little farther back gives you a better sound.
Being right up on the speakers can be too much sometimes.

But, if I get up close I won't balk.
Old 03-25-2017, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

general onsale started 45 mins ago, now you can see the map - here it is for anyone having problems getting in / not seeing it on the phone:

Old 03-25-2017, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
so those 1000 seated tix for $100 a pop have sold out on the first onsale date. wonder whether your assumption will turn true? really really hope we see other dates and prices sooner rather than later!

Old 03-25-2017, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
so those 1000 seated tix for $100 a pop have sold out on the first onsale date. wonder whether your assumption will turn true? really really hope we see other dates and prices sooner rather than later!
well that's 100k.

Not sure how many seats they sell at the $59 rate...... if it's the same number, (1000) that's another 59k. $159,000 isn't a ton of money now is it? Even with merchandise thrown in if they have any. If they're smart they'll sell cds. There's definitely a merchandising area available.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
well that's 100k.

Not sure how many seats they sell at the $59 rate...... if it's the same number, (1000) that's another 59k. $159,000 isn't a ton of money now is it? Even with merchandise thrown in if they have any. If they're smart they'll sell cds. There's definitely a merchandising area available.
yup, the only way they won't be losing money is if they travel cheap (don't see Lindsey-style cheap travel though for this one!), do some m&gs, or raise the prices. or do larger venues (which i really hope won't be the case).

Old 03-25-2017, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yup, the only way they won't be losing money is if they travel cheap (don't see Lindsey-style cheap travel though for this one!), do some m&gs, or raise the prices. or do larger venues (which i really hope won't be the case).
this is why I wonder if they'll just stay on the west coast?? less distance to travel, trucking stuff up I-5 only takes a day or two. We will see in coming days if those additional dates materialize or not. Can't imagine they'd only do ONE though.....
Old 03-25-2017, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires;1204567[B
]this is why I wonder if they'll just stay on the west coast??[/B] less distance to travel, trucking stuff up I-5 only takes a day or two. We will see in coming days if those additional dates materialize or not. Can't imagine they'd only do ONE though.....
uh. i hope not!

for OMS Lindsey at first had just first leg announced and it was all just up and down the west coast. i think he was waiting to see how it's gonna go before booking any further and that could have been it. of course, the minute i bought tix for a few of those shows and booked my travel, because i thought that was gonna be it, he added another leg, across the country! i really don't feel like going through that again this summer! although i wouldn't mind it if they start adding legs like he did for OMS!

i guess i'm just assuming they might do bi-coastal shows at least, since if they time it right, they can get a free ride for their equipment across the country with their Mac stuff.