User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-18-2017, 03:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I was actually there, a longtime fan who bought TiTN the day it came out. Talked about it with friends and other fans, heard opinions, formed my own. Saw the charts, peoples reaction to the video, compared it with the reactions to the other FM singles. It was IMPORTANT to me. So honestly, I am pretty sure that my opinion is more relevant than some random dude's.
And yet, it's not.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-18-2017, 04:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And back on topic.....yes isn't it a shame Stevie isn't on the new record (for whatever good reason she has).
We could be discussing how great the new harmonies are, instead of all the arguing
Old 04-18-2017, 05:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I was actually there, a longtime fan who bought TiTN the day it came out. Talked about it with friends and other fans, heard opinions, formed my own. Saw the charts, peoples reaction to the video, compared it with the reactions to the other FM singles. It was IMPORTANT to me. So honestly, I am pretty sure that my opinion is more relevant than some random dude's.
Well I wasn't actually speaking about my fathers opinion on the song at all, I just said that he was familiar with it so that to me was a sign of how popular the album and those songs were on the radio then. When it came to opinions on the song, I was indeed referring to other fans but thank you anyways for referring to him as some random dude, it's very polite of you.

Either way I don't care, you're perfectly entitled to your opinion and to your own likes and dislikes, I just hate when people act like their opinions and tastes are fact or more important than those of others, because no they're not. And I'm no longer interested in arguing with someone on the internet over this. I hope you have a nice day.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
"10 years ago, she (Stevie) really had her feet on the ground and a great sense of humor. But, now, she seems to have developed, somehow, her own FANTASY WORLD, which I'm not a part of. We don't socialize much."---Christine McVie, Rolling Stone, 1984
I didn't know of that.
But it does remind me of a Tom Petty interview in which he talked about one of the first times he met Fleetwood Mac and Christine asked him to tell Stevie something on her behalf (and on behalf of the band) because he was much more in confidence with Stevie than Christine and the other band members, and he seemed negatively surprised.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 04-18-2017 at 08:13 AM..
Old 04-18-2017, 06:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Gardening sounds a good idea....
GEneral Election in June.!!!!!!
MY dishwasher just went BANG.!!!!!

But Ken just played Buckingham Mcvie and the sun is out.
WHo gives a toss, enjoy the sun ..
OMG I didn't know about this. No radio or internet news for me yet today, just gardening, walking and arguing on here.

Well thanks for letting me know. Yeh right, just enjoy the sun, I have a wall to paint now.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I didn't know of that.
But it does remind me of a Tom Petty interview in which he talked about one of the first times he met Fleetwood Mac and Christine asked him to tell Stevie something on her behalf (and on behalf of the band) because the was much more in confidence with Stevie than Christine and the other band members, and he seemed negatively surprised.
Explain this, I almost get it..
Old 04-18-2017, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Explain this, I almost get it..
I'll see if later I can dig up that same interview, I think there may have been more to that.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:15 AM

Quote:
I'll see if later I can dig up that same interview, I think there may have been more to that.
I love reading about Christine. She's so interesting.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Explain this, I almost get it...
Quote:
Quote:
I love reading about Christine. She's so interesting.
I found that it wasn't actually a Tom Petty article but a quote in the last Rolling Stone issue about Stevie:

Petty was once hanging out at a Fleetwood Mac recording session when Christine McVie asked him to suggest a musical change to Nicks. "So I said, 'Well, why don't you just ask her,'" says Petty. "And she goes, 'Oh, you know her so much better than we do,' and I thought, 'That's strange.'"

I wish he had elaborated more about that. However in my opinion that must have happened during the Mirage sessions.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I found that it wasn't actually a Tom Petty article but a quote in the last Rolling Stone issue about Stevie:

Petty was once hanging out at a Fleetwood Mac recording session when Christine McVie asked him to suggest a musical change to Nicks. "So I said, 'Well, why don't you just ask her,'" says Petty. "And she goes, 'Oh, you know her so much better than we do,' and I thought, 'That's strange.'"

I wish he had elaborated more about that. However in my opinion that must have happened during the Mirage sessions.
Interesting.
Richard said after they got famous, she was the most different because she got really wrapped up in the Rock n Roll star world and was almost impossible to reach.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Interesting.
Richard said after they got famous, she was the most different because she got really wrapped up in the Rock n Roll star world and was almost impossible to reach.
I blame Don Henley.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-18-2017, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I blame Don Henley.
I blame her and only her. It was what she always wanted, IMO. So, I kinda don't blame her.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

"Well the conversation rings in my head
Well you know me better than I know myself
Will you write this for me
He says no, you write your songs yourself
That made me stronger
It made me hold on to me "

Old 04-18-2017, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I took my 23 yr old niece to see Stevie in Indy. She's not a fan but likes a few songs. She enjoyed the show esp Moonlight and Edge. She was mostly focused on the camera crew and hoping for a glimpse of us in a DVD, lol.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

IA there's nothing wrong with having young fans, it's a great thing. A lot of them are pretty casual fans though, they hardly know any songs, wear a moon necklace and look at pictures of Stevie in the 70s for the fashion, that's what kinda makes it irritating. They go to the shows and they mostly only know Seven Wonders. I saw once there was a group of those girls and they literally did not sing along to anything except that song.

And what's most is annoying though is when some of the 'Fleetwood Mac fans' who are basically 'Stevie Nicks fans' that mildly tolerate/enjoy Fleetwood Mac use those girls who hardly know anything about Stevie besides Seven Wonders and that picture of her where she's holding the coke wearing sunglasses and say how it's an example of how Stevie is really the main thing that made Fleetwood Mac big. Like...no she's not. Stevie needed Fleetwood Mac just as much as Fleetwood Mac needed Stevie. They're a band that became big because of each member.