Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-15-2017, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Isn't it a shame

As I read the Wiki page for the upcoming album and it talks about those Village Recorder sessions, and I think back to 2014 when Chris re-joined the band, there was the world tour and Stevie then even said she'd get in the studio, I can't help but feel sad we never got the Fleetwood Mac album we hoped for. The new album will be great, but it could have been so much more special with the full band, there was so much optimism for what was to come. And now we'll never see that. So sad.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I feel your pain. I believe most of us would've have wanted a proper FM release with all five on board. But at this point I'm just willing to take whatever the members want to give. Solo, duet, or otherwise.

Looking forward to the Buck McVie album and tour, Stevie's video release of her tour, and the FM tour next year. Really, a lot to be thankful for!
Old 04-15-2017, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It is a shame, but what's done is done.
Old 04-15-2017, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This situation has helped me let go of Stevie. I no longer feel the same way about her. I just see her as a selfish, "whatever happened to Baby" Jane type character. Her timing is horrible and her reasoning sucks.
Old 04-16-2017, 02:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
This situation has helped me let go of Stevie. I no longer feel the same way about her. I just see her as a selfish, "whatever happened to Baby" Jane type character. Her timing is horrible and her reasoning sucks.
This. All this. Nothing but this. She's so selfish, and unappreciative of the lifestyle THIS BAND gave her. I hope she rots...
Old 04-16-2017, 03:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm incredible sorry to say this, but maybe Stevie had the right idea to sit this one out, considering "In my World"...

If that is the stuff for FM lead singles by now, maybe doing nothing would have been better, career- and legacy wise.
Maybe a strong backing vocal by Chris (and Stevie, if she would have been there, with the famous harmony singing) would have made it a bit better, but since not even Christine is on it, but instead we get another shot at the stupid grunting sounds from 1987 (a mystery - Big Love has never been a big hit or a signature song, and still he insists to put that grunts on again and again, ruining great (Everyone finds out) or modestly decent (In my world) songs), it seems like Lindseys production skills are even worse than already feared. He obviously has no clue about what he is doing and/or a major ego problem.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 04-16-2017 at 03:57 AM..
Old 04-16-2017, 06:42 PM
Junior Ledgie

Beyond happy that Nicks won't be on this....McVie and Buckingham are amazing. If they need a third voice...any 3rd grader with no vocal training could out do Nicks
Old 04-16-2017, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymaycen View Post
Beyond happy that Nicks won't be on this....McVie and Buckingham are amazing. If they need a third voice...any 3rd grader with no vocal training could out do Nicks
Don't be a dick. Let's keep her name out of this.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymaycen View Post
But we're not even getting a second voice according to the new single - where are the harmonies?

I see this thread has descended into the usual pro/anti Stevie stuff name calling.

I don't hate Stevie at all and my post wasn't targeted at her - I love her solo work and am thankful for what she has contributed to the band.

I just remember going to my first ever Fleetwood Mac concert - 8th June 2015, Genting Arena, Birmingham. I believe James89 was at the same one. The optimism and euphoria seeing the full band back together, and now this situation. So, so sad.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish Buckingham's vision of a Mac double album had come to fruition. What a great way to go out.

As it is, yes they put this out as a duets album but its only 10 songs. I think they've said they had a lot more in the works. My hope is that they pushed this out as a duets album because they both really wanted to get the music out, but that the additional songs could form the basis of a Mac album once Nicks tires of her solo phase (Nicks always tires of one then goes back to the other, bouncing from band to solo and back again and again).