Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Tickets are $10,000 each.

Please tell me that you're joking
Old 03-29-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Please tell me that you're joking
I am. But I'm sure tickets will be very expensive.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:01 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Tickets are $10,000 each.
Not far off! Looks like the cheapest 2-day ticket is $150 and most expensive is $2,750 for a guaranteed front row seat (plus a bunch of other junk): http://theclassiceast.com/tickets/
Old 03-29-2017, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/29/a...ac-eagles.html

A Pair of Classic Rock Events Will Bring Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles to the Coasts
By BEN SISARIOMARCH 29, 2017

Irving Azoff, who is representing nearly every act on the bill of “The Classic West” and “The Classic East” concerts. Credit Nathaniel Wood for The New York Times

As the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney and the Who took the stage last fall at the Desert Trip festival in Southern California, Mick Fleetwood was in the stands, loving every minute of it.

“I was there like a stalker fan,” Mr. Fleetwood said. “And it was so cool! It was emotionally charged.”

This summer Mr. Fleetwood, the drummer and founding member of Fleetwood Mac, will have something of a classic-rock festival of his own, with a pair of two-day concerts set for Los Angeles and New York, featuring Fleetwood Mac; the Eagles; Steely Dan; the Doobie Brothers; Journey; and Earth, Wind and Fire. The first two shows, called “The Classic West,” will be held at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles on July 15 and 16; the second, “The Classic East,” will be at Citi Field on July 29 and 30, with the same lineup.

“Seeing people of every age group really going at it and being supercharged, it was a trip,” Mr. Fleetwood said, calling from Maui, where he lives. “And that’s what we’ve been touching on.”

For Fleetwood Mac fans, the shows have another attraction: They will feature Christine McVie, who rejoined the group in 2014 after an absence of 16 years, reviving its classic lineup of the mid-1970s and ’80s: Stevie Nicks, Ms. McVie, Lindsey Buckingham, John McVie and Mr. Fleetwood.

The scale and success of both Desert Trip and “Fare Thee Well,” a series of concerts by the reunited Grateful Dead, opened the music industry’s eyes to the possibilities of adapting the festival model for an older, more moneyed audience. Desert Trip, whose lineup also included Roger Waters, Bob Dylan and Neil Young, sold $160 million in tickets, and “Fare Thee Well,” in 2015, sold $52 million and led to a tour.

The “Classic West” and “Classic East” concerts — the organizers are not using the term festival, since the shows are taking place in urban stadiums with no room for Ferris wheels or chill-out tents — are the latest iteration of this phenomenon, and have been the worst-kept secret of the music world, with most details leaking early this month.

Photo
John McVie, left, and Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac, performing in New York on tour in 2014. Credit Chad Batka for The New York Times

The shows were put together by some of the biggest powers in the music business. Live Nation is the promoter, and every act on the bill is represented, in full or in part, by the manager Irving Azoff, whose involvement with the Eagles goes back more than 40 years.

“Classic-rock radio listeners,” Mr. Azoff said, “have been underserved by current festival lineups.” (For the record, he maintains that he came up with the idea of a festival of rock heroes well before it was “validated” by Desert Trip, which was put on by AEG Presents, a Live Nation rival.)

Tickets for the full two-day event — no single-day tickets will be sold — range from $150 to $950, not including fees, and will go on sale to the general public on April 7, with early access for American Express customers on April 3.

For the bands, the concerts add another chapter to careers that are now defined by huge success on the road. The Eagles — who will be making a first concert appearance since the death of Glenn Frey, a co-founder of the band — sold more than $250 million in tickets for its last tour, from 2013 to 2015, while Fleetwood Mac’s most recent outing grossed more than $269 million, according to Pollstar, a trade publication.

Photo
Don Henley of the Eagles, performing in a concert in 2011. The band is on the lineup of “The Classic West” and “The Classic East” concerts in July. Credit Stuart Wilson/Getty Images

In its 1970s heyday, Steely Dan avoided playing live at all; now it keeps a steady schedule of 60 or 70 shows a year, including an annual run at the Beacon in New York.

Mr. Fleetwood said that going out on the road with the Eagles, in particular, was part of the appeal. “The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac were sort of dueling bands in many ways,” he said. “We all knew each other and all hung out together in the early days.”

“Here we are doing it again,” he added, “and I think it’s just super cool.”

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 03-29-2017 at 11:57 AM..
Old 03-29-2017, 12:29 PM

Mr. Fleetwood said that going out on the road with the Eagles, in particular, was part of the appeal. “The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac were sort of dueling bands in many ways,” he said. “We all knew each other and all hung out together in the early days.”

Not to mention Stevie was dating a few members.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Not to mention Stevie was dating a few members.
She slept with two Eagles and two Maccers. And that's only the ones we know about! Mama was a ho!
Old 03-29-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
She slept with two Eagles and two Maccers. And that's only the ones we know about! Mama was a ho!
Don't forget about Waddy, and Kenny.. lol
Old 03-29-2017, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Don't forget about Waddy, and Kenny.. lol
Kenny ROGERS???

Waddy and Mick, both. Whew, she sure wasn't picky about looks!
Old 03-29-2017, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I certainly don't think fans have to like everything an artist produces or every choice they make, but I think using the slang version of whore to describe someone crosses a line.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Kenny ROGERS???

Waddy and Mick, both. Whew, she sure wasn't picky about looks!
Kenny Loggins..

I thought Mick was handsome early on. I like tall and skinny. And you're a bigger ho than Stevie ever was. Well, it's close. lol

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-29-2017 at 01:14 PM..
Old 03-29-2017, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Kenny Loggins..

I thought Mick was handsome early on. I like tall and skinny. And you're a bigger ho than Stevie ever was. Well, it's close. lol
Yeah, but he got ugly quicklike! I've got a pic somewhere, of him mid 1980's, shirtless, backstage, looking all bloated. His addictions were showing. So yeah, he was okay up until about 1982 or so, then slid downhill!

Unfortunately, I'm probably holding a record for the opposite. Although in my mind, it's true!
Old 03-29-2017, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is this the only Fleetwood Mac fan community that refers to Stevie Nicks as "Mama"?
It's as if we're in Appalachia. Or on the set of The Waltons.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick was not attractive ever. He was ugly from day 1 and looked like he smells too.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Kenny Loggins..

I didn't know she did Kenny Loggins. Damn it was seriously impossible for her to just work with someone wasn't it. Her personal life makes me kind of sad to be honest.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:02 PM

I'm honestly always baffled (if not else) by the fact that Fleetwood Mac members are considered an example of debauchery for the fact that some members slept with other members/members of the crew/members of other bands when all the other bands from the same period slept with countless groupies while simultaneously jumping from girlfriend to new girlfriend and frequently also saw hookers on the side. I guess it's because the other bands were made of men.