User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
When I visited last year they said that the interiors definitely weren't being used. It's the same setup as before - exteriors done on location on the ranch and interiors done on soundtsgaes in LA.

Oh, and how great is the Southfork trip?! I loved it!
Really? Cool. I read it was filmed entirely in Dallas this time.

I loved Southfork! It was so exciting to finally visit! I had wanted to since I was 10, back in its heyday. So, it was a dream come true.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Lucas...was basically raised by Ray and Jenna. JR has two other kids in addition to John Ross (James, and the baby Cally had).
You guys are bringing back characters I'd totally forgotten.

Cally was so pretty. Had she left JR by the end?

Jenna Wade(?), wasn't she the character Priscilla Presley played?
And did any other actress play her?

Lucky for me that you can watch it at TNT's website,
since I ditched DirectTV.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
You guys are bringing back characters I'd totally forgotten.

Cally was so pretty. Had she left JR by the end?

Jenna Wade(?), wasn't she the character Priscilla Presley played?
And did any other actress play her?

Lucky for me that you can watch it at TNT's website,
since I ditched DirectTV.
I'm pretty sure Cally & JR were divorced - if not in the series then definitely in the three tv movies that aired later.

Jenna Wade was played by Priscilla Presley, but not originated by her.

Interesting. I just recalled Cliff Barnes had a daughter with Afton, middle name... Rebecca. Hmmm....
Old 06-18-2012, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I believe the new series is filmed entirely in Dallas, but the interiors are a set in a studio somewhere in Dallas. Not sure if they have an outdoor set or if everything outside is actually filmed at the ranch but it's safe to say what we've seen so far has been filmed at Southfork (for exteriors).

Cally left JR in the last season and was pregnant when she left (I think!). JR and Cally's wedding is actually one of my favorite episodes of Dallas ever, despite being in one of the not so well liked "later seasons." The storm forcing everyone (including Sue Ellen and her future husband Don, as well as Cliff Barnes) to bunk at Southfork along with the bridge and groom was hilarious.

Priscilla Presley did indeed play Jenna Wade for years, but I want to say there were others who played the role before her briefly. Morgan Fairchild and possibly someone else.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish they did not kill off Tina Louise from Gilligan's Island that played Julie Grey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQvbnD9TfXI

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-18-2012, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just watched it today, since it was the premiere at WB Latin america. I enjoyed seeing the old characters, and a surprise to see Steve Kanaly and specially CHARLENE TILTON, at the wedding. I used to love Lucy Ewing.

Did Pamela officialy die in the old show? I read (we never saw the latest seasons in Peru) about she got severely injured in an accident and got burned, or something like that, and said goodbye to everybody but I guess they never showed she actually died, did they?

About the current show, I wasn't that impressed buy enjoyed anyway. It's the same old story of fights within a family so there's nothing new actually. But it was ok.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I believe the new series is filmed entirely in Dallas, but the interiors are a set in a studio somewhere in Dallas. Not sure if they have an outdoor set or if everything outside is actually filmed at the ranch but it's safe to say what we've seen so far has been filmed at Southfork (for exteriors).
I visited "Southfork" ranch in Dallas 2 years ago. At the tour they explained only outdoors scenes were filmed there, never the indoors (those were in California). You can enter the house and see the dining room, Bobby's bedroom, Lucy's bedroom, but all that is just like a tribute, they said they never filmed on those rooms.

I guess it's the same in this new show.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I just watched it today, since it was the premiere at WB Latin america. I enjoyed seeing the old characters, and a surprise to see Steve Kanaly and specially CHARLENE TILTON, at the wedding. I used to love Lucy Ewing.

Did Pamela officialy die in the old show? I read (we never saw the latest seasons in Peru) about she got severely injured in an accident and got burned, or something like that, and said goodbye to everybody but I guess they never showed she actually died, did they?

Pam had a terminal disease and went away to "die". It was never officially announced. So, the door is open for her return. She could have been cured.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry, I had assumed that when they said sound stage they meant LA, like the old show. Guess it's alldone in Dallas now - excellent. Yes, all exteriors are done on the ranch itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I visited "Southfork" ranch in Dallas 2 years ago. At the tour they explained only outdoors scenes were filmed there, never the indoors (those were in California). You can enter the house and see the dining room, Bobby's bedroom, Lucy's bedroom, but all that is just like a tribute, they said they never filmed on those rooms.

I guess it's the same in this new show.
Yeah this was the same when I went last year. You can walk all around the exterior but not much inside at all. There was only one exterior part we couldn't go through because they were filming scenes for the new show.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Pam had a terminal disease and went away to "die". It was never officially announced. So, the door is open for her return. She could have been cured.
Well if THAT happens I may have to watch.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Well if THAT happens I may have to watch.
It would be great to see VP return. Some fans recently ran into her in LA and asked her about the new show. She was very open to it saying she hoped they called. In the past she was disdainful of Dallas, maybe she's mellowed and learned to appreciate what the role gave her. I think she wasn't in the 'Larry' club like some of the others.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Yes

I'll admit it, I did watch it. Well, I watched a DVR recording of it on Friday night. I used to watch Dallas & Falcon Crest every Friday night faithfully. I think that I can get used to the new generation of Ewings. And two people from Deperate Housewives are on it. That's a plus for me. I like see familiar faces besides the original cast members of course. I'll probably keep watching.

Lee
Old 06-20-2012, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I wish they did not kill off Tina Louise from Gilligan's Island that played Julie Grey.

Did she see/date Jock? And even possibly JR?

Tonight's the night. I'll have to avoid this thread
until I see the latest episode!
Old 06-20-2012, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I thought she was badly burned when she hit the tanker & she went away to 'heal' ? I did stop watching it after the season she wasn't on it but since Bobby was alive (since the dream season didn't happen) that also mean't that Katherine Wentworth (who tried to kill Bobby) was still alive too & I recall when Pam wanted to go away to heal someone was there in her room & it was Katherine. I do recall hearing that someone did come back as Pam but it was a different actress so a different face. Don't know whom that was. I didn't watch it anymore than. VP will always be Pam to me no one else. Also besides Morgan Fairchild that played Jenna Wade the first time there was one other actress that played Jenna before Priscilla but I don't recall her name either.
Ps I did try to watch some of it after Pam left but it wasn't as interesting really.
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 06-20-2012, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^Yeah, she survived the tanker thing and had plastic surgery and came back played by a different actress. Then, she went away to "die" of a disease. So, the door is still open.

Have to say, I really got into the storyline more tonight. It is flowing very well. Loved the interaction between JR & John Ross. I think they're getting in a stride.