User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-13-2015, 01:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think Lindsey loved Carol and was very happy during their first years together. But I also think she's not just inaccurate, but deliberately untruthful in some parts of the book and also generally unhinged. But I've thought that since I saw that plastic surgery documentary.

Michele
what??? how do I not know about this?? details, please!

I forget now which interview it was but one of Lindsey's televised interviews he says about Carol that it started out just as a conquest and then "obviously it became much more". And Richard has said, when asked, that he did think at first that's all it was, and that yes he thought the initial attraction for LB was her resemblance to Stevie. He also said he knew he would get asked this so clearly this is not just some obscure thought only on the part of fans.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danigirl View Post
I had forgotten about the Lindsey and Stevie embrace after the RS shoot. Funny how Stevie is always so dramatic... 2hours of making out and talking whereas Lindsey 15-30 minutes. I love the idea of them taking in that pivotal "we made it moment" together as a couple. It warms my heart!
It makes me laugh every time, how they describe it so differently. Very typical!

And yes, agreed. I find it very sweet. It's not a rare thing for them, I don't think.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 03-13-2015, 02:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
what??? how do I not know about this?? details, please!

I forget now which interview it was but one of Lindsey's televised interviews he says about Carol that it started out just as a conquest and then "obviously it became much more". And Richard has said, when asked, that he did think at first that's all it was, and that yes he thought the initial attraction for LB was her resemblance to Stevie. He also said he knew he would get asked this so clearly this is not just some obscure thought only on the part of fans.

This always spoke volumes to me...

In your opinion, Did Lindsey really loved Carol Ann Harris?

That’s a little personal & out of respect, better left for those who lived it, to answer, if they choose.

….r

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 03-13-2015, 04:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori40 View Post
About 2 hours ago, Carol Ann Harris' book showed up on my doorstep. I think that it's probably a belated birthday present from my sister. For anyone who is interested, here's what I've learned so far, mind you, I have just skimmed through the book.

According to Carol Ann:
Lindsey was not too upset over his break up with Stevie
Carol Ann miscarried Lindsey's child
Lindsey twice asked Carol to marry him
Lindsey's music was always first in his life

I haven't read anything earth shattering, and I don't think that she portrays Lindsey as an abusive monster. There aren't a lot of pictures. They are all black and whites, and aren't the best quality, so I wouldn't buy this book for the pictures, if anyone was thinking about that. If anyone is interested, I can post a more complete review after I've read the book.
I recently sent her a message on her Facebook page, thanking her for writing the book, along with a friend/request. She accepted it! Does this mean I'm friends with Carol Ann? Looking forward to chatting with her!
Old 03-13-2015, 07:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I recently sent her a message on her Facebook page, thanking her for writing the book, along with a friend/request. She accepted it! Does this mean I'm friends with Carol Ann? Looking forward to chatting with her!
Don't feel too special. I'm pretty sure I remember reading some Fleetwood Mac fans say she friended THEM without any prompting. Small fish in a big pond.

I got drowned then tossed on the pavement outside said pond, lol.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Don't feel too special. I'm pretty sure I remember reading some Fleetwood Mac fans say she friended THEM without any prompting. Small fish in a big pond.

I got drowned then tossed on the pavement outside said pond, lol.

She has. Many of my friends on FB are friends with her because she added them as a friend. It seems allot of her friends are fans of FM/SN/LB etc and allot of her posts or comments are related to either her book or to FM. (At least that is what I can see). She sent me a friend request and I denied it simply because I think it is weird to be friends with an ex girlfriend of Lindsey's. Some people have even friended Kristen Buckingham too.
Old 03-13-2015, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Be careful what you say. I've seen her and her gal pals turn on people because they didn't like the way a post was worded. And they were ruthless.......
Old 03-13-2015, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
Really you have to ask??? LOL.

As far as I am concerned she seems like a bitter women who has an axe to grind with Lindsey and other members of the band so the best way to get even is to write a trashy tell all. I don't know what is worse the fact that she wrote this or the fact that she keeps saying she wrote it for abuse victims which is BS. Just look at her FB Page. From what I have seen it is is stuff related to Fm which shows how she clearly has not moved on.
My thoughts;

Well, actually I think she wrote her book because she had a story to tell.
Isn’t writing a book just one of those bucket list things to do for a very large number of people? My wife would love to write a book (whether fiction or non-fiction) but has never managed to get past the first couple of pages. I personally couldnt be bothered but I know a lot of people who'd love to pen their life story.

For most of us our lives aren't that interesting in the wider scheme of things. If something significant does happen in your life though- why not tell other people about it. CAH is (for many people) a nobody. However she spent a good six years or so as part of one of the world’s biggest bands. That was a big experience for her and obviously a time in her life that she'll look back on as a significant period (and obviously still does). She's going to have a story to tell that people are going to want to hear about so why not write about it? I'm glad to read an 'insiders' account of life for the band.

As far as having an axe to grind- I think she could have painted them all in a lot worse light if she'd really wanted to. Overall I don’t think my view of each of them is much different to how it was before I read her book. She's not that flattering towards Stevie but the picture she paints of Stevie is pretty much the image I had in my head anyway (the same for Mick, John & Christine). From what I’ve read in a number of sources none of the FM members are the nicest of people at times (though I’m sure they are all lovely most of the time). Regarding Lindsey- I believe her (and I believe Ken too).

Of course, painting it later as some sort self-help remedy for domestic abuse victims (if thats what she does) isnt sensible. Theres probably a great deal in the book that isnt accurate (no matter what she claims). Overall though, I’m inclined to believe the bulk of the salient points she makes (If a biog was too factually innaccurate surely the author wouldnt dare publish their book as they'd face the threat of legal action). I wouldnt deny her the right to write her story. I dont think she would have benefitted that much financially. I'm sure she's made a decent sum but not a huge amount.

Like most people I found her peurile writing style hard to read initially but warmed to her. I dont think she's a bad person. She was infatuated with a deeply possessive person who loved her deeply back. Rock stars don't tend to stay with a person for a considerable period of time unless it means something.

In general, I don't think she wrote this book simply to get back at Lindsey.

PS: a once beautiful, ageing woman who seeks surgery to try prolong her looks- does that make her odd, bad, freakish? or anything else? No. She comes across as a perfectly normal, sensitive, down to earth person to me.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
PS: a once beautiful, ageing woman who seeks surgery to try prolong her looks- does that make her odd, bad, freakish? or anything else? No. She comes across as a perfectly normal, sensitive, down to earth person to me.
I think she's doing more than trying to prolong her looks, to me she's trying to recapture the past. She's not the only one. I think there are two people in the FM circle who have never had anything in their lives that matched that exciting time and they are stuck in a cycle of trying to relive it, trying to preserve the past and stay in it, rather than just remember it. They may have new relationships, new spouses, but they haven't moved on from FM.

I don't find her normal. I find her sad.

I think her book is entertaining and sometimes very funny and offers some insights that I'm glad to have as a fan and I also think it's liberally sprinkled with deliberate lies. I love reading about how she psyched Lindsey into cutting his hair, getting rid of his facial hair and changing his style. I love how she says she told Stevie that John Wayne also shared their birthday. I shake my head at the implausibility of people in the audience being awed by looking at her in the wings in her sheer dress, to the point where they were ignoring Stevie.

Overall, I think the book is a good thing to have though, because I find the things people choose to embellish or lie about are just as revealing as the truthful anecdotes. I wish a few more people who have been associated with FM would write books, Sara and Ray for starters. But also Billy is writing one and I want to read about his FM years very badly.

I also am interested in Bekka and Billy, too, because I've never known anything about their dynamic and it seems like it was an interesting one.

Michele
Old 03-13-2015, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, I remember reading that. I don't believe it. So many of those conversations read like terrible fanfiction, not going to lie. At the VERY beginning of her book it says:

Author's Note:

Everything in this book is true and documented. Some conversations have been re-created from memory. Certain names have been changed.
Interesting because I'd have to go back to my hard copy and verify, but I don't think my edition of the book said that anything was recreated from memory. She said she relied on her audio diaries, which she went back and listened to and I remember thinking that she was trying to bestow false credence on her recollections through that assertion.

Michele
Old 03-13-2015, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think for me her behavior after the book has been unusual and maybe, I'd have to think about it more, has by association influenced how I think about the book.

I know when I read it, like so many others, I found the writing left a lot to be desired, but you muddle through it to try and understand the point she wants to make about these people. And that's the thing-- the book is more about all these other people, not about her. She doesn't let the reader "in" to understand her that much. And because she doesn't, you're just left with the picture she chose to paint of herself, which is this impossibly innocent, naive, angelic person to whom all this bad stuff just happened, but who kept going back for more and who, even years later, still rhapsodizes about her abuser. Which is fine if that's what she wants to do; but we're all entitled to have our opinions about what she put out for us to read.

Then after the book came out, to do these things like troll FM fans and readers of the book [and if I were a betting person I'd bet my house she trolls this board], is just weird. I can buy having some curiosity when the book first comes out, and wanting to sort of eavesdrop to hear what the reaction to the book is, but then, you better be prepared for what you hear. It might not be all good. And clearly it hasn't been. So to then, at age--what is she? 50 something at least?? -- to troll around the internet and befriend people and engage with them only to attack them or insult them, that is unhealthy.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

This always spoke volumes to me...

In your opinion, Did Lindsey really loved Carol Ann Harris?

That’s a little personal & out of respect, better left for those who lived it, to answer, if they choose.

….r
thanks nicole!

What struck me was her presentation of her career before meeting LB… running a record company? And definitely creating the impression that her company produced all these "albums you've heard of" by these bands. She sold bootlegs of concerts. it's the stuff like that that make you go hmmmm….
Old 03-13-2015, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

I wish a few more people who have been associated with FM would write books, Sara and Ray for starters. But also Billy is writing one and I want to read about his FM years very badly.

I also am interested in Bekka and Billy, too, because I've never known anything about their dynamic and it seems like it was an interesting one.

Michele
The ultimate for me would be a book written by John Courage. Cant see that happening though. No matter what happened after the Tusk tour I think he'd be far too loyal to the band.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
thanks nicole!

What struck me was her presentation of her career before meeting LB… running a record company? And definitely creating the impression that her company produced all these "albums you've heard of" by these bands. She sold bootlegs of concerts. it's the stuff like that that make you go hmmmm….
And she didn't even "run" it as she was just a receptionist that was training to be a sound engineer.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 03-13-2015 at 04:07 PM..
Old 03-13-2015, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
The ultimate for me would be a book written by John Courage. Cant see that happening though. No matter what happened after the Tusk tour I think he'd be far too loyal to the band.
Ohhhhhhhh, now that would be GOOD!!