The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-31-2002, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up I heard *7* FM songs Today!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard

Gypsy
The Chain
Dreams
Say You Love Me (SUPRISED ME!)
You Make Loving Fun
Gyow
and Landslide (The Dance)

The fact that all of them were played on the radio and in Florida! It surprised me!

~Alex

Old 06-01-2002, 08:25 PM
Senior Ledgie

Heard Countdown in the Stop And Shop Now there's one you never hear! I'll still never forget when I heard the original Silver Springs in a McDonalds. Simply amazing.
-Brian
Old 06-01-2002, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Cool Ain't it cool?!

WOW, is that a record? LOL I am so wierd about when I go into a shop, restaurant or wherever, listening for ANY music being played to see if it's FM or someone else I love. I'm telling ya, when I heard Trouble in Subway, I didn't want to leave until it was over, PLUS I really didn't want to even order yet (but I only have a 45 minute lunchbreak! ) because I wanted to listen intently to the song! Even tho we have like EVERY SONG, bootlegs and rare stuff, hearing them on the radio just makes the day better, no matter how crappy!! I heard Dreams on the way to work, and it's usually that or Don't Stop in the morning commute and I crank up the radio and sing along, I NEVER get sick of hearing Dreams!!
Old 06-02-2002, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL....What's funny is...I can be in a store, and there can be five screaming kids, and all other kinds of noise, and the music they play will be turned down really low...but if it's a FM or Stevie song, I HEAR IT ANYWAY...lol. My husband and I will be walking down an aisle, and I'll go..."Hey! Listen!" and sure enough...FM! He just rolls his eyes at me.

~~Angela~~
Old 06-03-2002, 02:08 AM
Ledgie

WOW! 7 songs!!!

I heard Lanslide(the Dance) version) yesterday while I was helping my parents with the landscape around the house. Of course, I had to scream out "Landslide!" And then I didn't even pay attention to what my parents were saying to me and then I sang along quietly to myself. Though i don't think my parents would have mind b/c they know I love the Mac. But then Tom Petty came on the radio(hey it's Stevie Mac related). Hey I am listening to Green Manalishi right now from the '75 tour.

-April
Old 06-03-2002, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've worked at a supermarket for several years now. I can say, you hear a TON of Mac and some of what you do hear is quite surprising.

Most popular: Silver Springs & Landslide - The Dance
I also hear quite a bit: Gypsy, hold Me, Save Me (actually, I hear Save me at least twice a week), Landslide the original, Little Lies, the original Silver Springs, Dreams, GYOW, Think about me, Dont Stop, Rhiannon, Everywhere...

Stuff that I've heard a few times: Over My Head, YMLF, Tusk, Sisters of the Moon (now too bad they couldn't play the long-babbling Mirage Vid version...), Family Man, Big Love, As Long as You Follow, GDW

As for solo works, I've heard quite often Stand Back, Got a Hold on Me, and Edge of Seventeen. And then there's the rare appearance by Countdown, Trouble, Leather and Lace, and Go Insane.

It's rare if we get mac on the radio here. On the softer rock stations, I'll sometimes catch some of the Tango songs, or maybe Gypsy or Hold Me. Usually Little Lies or Everywhere. The classic rock station DJ that is on during the mid-afternoon must be obsessed with Oh Well, from the live 1980 album. If I am driving around between 11 and 2, I can be sure to hear that song if I turn 97ROck on. Every time he is like "There's Fleetwood Mac with Oh Well. Mick, Stevie, Lindsey and John are in the studio right now and should have something for us soon..."
Old 06-04-2002, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Its funny. Up here they play ALOT of FM. I have two classic rock stations that play everything from Rumours, White album, and then Tusk and Sara, Gypsy and Hold Me. One station loves playing Everywhere. One station loves Landslide ( they play it daily) and the 80s station plays Stevie EDGE of 17 everyday around 5 it seems. Stand Back is big with them too and Gypsy.

The only songs I don't hear is Talk To Me anymore I used to hear that on the 80's station. One station played Rooms on Fire on 80's Saturdays but I haven't heard that either.

OUT...man I heard Big Love at the market, I hear Soul Drifter at a Houllihans. I heard the original Silver Springs AND Twisted at a Appleby's. I heard Trouble at a Drug Emporium. Its great. I always just want to take everyone and tell them LISTEN!
Old 06-04-2002, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I had one of those days again today at work...

Leather and Lace
Countdown
Landslide (The Dance)
Don't Stop
As Long as You Follow
Little Lies

...all within 8 hours!
Old 06-05-2002, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Seven in one day?

That is so cool! I heard two FM songs this past Saturday while I was out shopping. I heard Go Your Own Way in K-Mart, & I heard The Chain in a bathing suit shop. I didn't find a bathing suit I liked, but I had fun singing along while my husband looked at me weird.

Lee
Old 06-14-2002, 01:45 AM
Junior Ledgie

Cool Re: I heard 7 seven fm songs today

Well the most times I've heard FM play on the radio
was probably 4 times

Dreams
Little Lies
Sara
and
GYOW

mind i have heard a lot of stevie's solo work over the last year
and i have never heard any lindsey buckingham solo work

all the best
Sean
Sydney,NSW Australia
Old 06-14-2002, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking That's cool!!!

My local stations play Fleetwood Mac at least daily - but they are always repeating themselves... They love the Tango album ("Little Lies", "Everywhere", "Big Love" and most surprisingly "Family Man" and "Mystified" get lots of airplay) although they sometimes play songs from other albums, like "Sara", "Dreams", "Don't Stop", "You Make Loving Fun", "Hold Me", "Landslide" (from The Dance). I think I've heard only once "Go Your Own Way", "Say You Love Me", "Seven Wonders", "Over My Head", and the most incredible of all... "Can't Go Back". That was something they surprised me with. Never a song out of Mirage and they play this. How cool! Stevie's songs... always stick to "Leather And Lace", and I think I've heard "Stand Back" twice... From Lindsey they play "Trouble" a lot; and from Christine they like "Got A Hold On Me", which I always smile to.

But they could never play enough Fleetwood Mac to our ears, couldn't they.

Song of the moment - The Chain