User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Why, Miley? :/ You actually have a passable amount of talent, really, you're just hurting yourself with wardrobe and the dancing.

"Stewart's support act, former Fleetwood Mac vocalist Stevie Nicks, asked for five bottles of Remy Martin cognac, six bottles of wine, five bottles of Stolichnaya vodka, seven cases of beer - and 100 hibiscus candles and white drapes around her dressing room."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbi...nd-tea-bags.do
Wow shame we didnt get an invite! Who drank it all?
Old 07-01-2011, 01:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Contact Music
Stevie Nicks - Nicks Thanks Stewart & Daughter For Career Boost
30 June 2011 01:37

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...-boost_1229799

Stevie Nicks has Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly to thank for the success of her latest album - because it was her idea for the Fleetwood Mac star to tour with her dad.

Nicks has had somewhat of a career revival in recent months and she thinks a lot of it has to do with her recent North American tour with rocking Rod.

She says, "It was his daughter's idea and it ended up to be really fun.

"Rod is very, very funny and very charming. It was great. It gave me a platform to go across the United States - 18 arenas - and play my new songs."
Old 07-01-2011, 01:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

But she DIDN'T play songS (plural). She performed ONE SONG.

I seriously doubt playing Secret Love to Rod Stewart audiences had anything to do with IYD debuting in the top 10. It wasn't a song that transferred to the stage particularly well.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
But she DIDN'T play songS (plural). She performed ONE SONG.

I seriously doubt playing Secret Love to Rod Stewart audiences had anything to do with IYD debuting in the top 10. It wasn't a song that transferred to the stage particularly well.
Well, ok. It gave her a platform to line her pockets, so thanks for that Kimberly.

Michele
Old 07-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"Glee' Returns to Blu-ray
Fri Jul 01, 2011 at 09:00 AM ET

The second season of TV's award-winning comedy/musical series is coming to Blu-ray this September!

In an early announcement to retailers, 20th Century Fox is working on 'Glee: The Complete Second Season' for a Blu-ray release on September 13.

The 4-disc Blu-ray set will contain all 22 episodes with 1080p video, a DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 soundtrack, and supplements will include: Glee Music Jukebox; "Building Glee's Auditorium" with Cory Monteith; A Day in the Life of Brittany; Shooting Glee in New York City; Guesting on Glee; Stevie Nicks Goes Glee; Sue's Quips; Santana's Slams; The Making of "The Rocky Horror Glee Show"; Exclusive Bonus Song - "Planet, Schmanet, Janet"; Getting Waxed With Jane Lynch; The Wit of Brittany; and Glee at Comic-Con 2010."
Old 07-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

An Oral History of the First Lollapalooza

On July 18, 1991, the Lollapalooza tour launched in Tempe, Arizona, in appropriately ramshackle fashion.
DANNY ZELISKO (promoter): Compton Terrace in Tempe, which I'd been booking for about seven years, was owned by Jess Nicks and Gene Nicks. Jess is Stevie Nicks' dad, and Gene is Jess' brother. Those two and Stevie were the three principals. So, Stevie Nicks presented the first Lollapalooza, in a way.

HAYNES: That place was just a flat, thankless expanse of land. ****ing miserable.

JOBSON: It was so hot you couldn't even put your hand on the steel the stage was constructed from. And we're in some rodeo ****hole in Arizona. Someone really thought that one out.

http://www.spin.com/articles/oral-hi...t-lollapalooza

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 07-14-2011, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Our friends over at Rdio also just featured a really cool playlist that was compiled by Goulding. On Rdio's blog, the singer talks about some of the artists that have influenced her, including Stevie Nicks. "I know this seems ridiculous, but it is surprising how many young people don’t know who Stevie Nicks is," Goulding tells Rdio. "I was in the same room as her lately and felt truly honoured. Her voice really gives me chills and shivers and she has had an incredible life."

http://www.arjanwrites.com/arjanwrit...-playlist.html
Old 07-18-2011, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default US Magazine interview with Cobie Calliat

Us: Your dad is famous for producing all the great Fleetwood Mac albums. Have you heard from Stevie Nicks?

CC: It is funny because she and Vanessa Carlton did something together. I was hanging out with Vanessa and she was like, 'Oh me and Stevie were talking about you the other day. She was like it is just crazy that little girl was hanging around at the studio and at concerts and now she is this famous artist. It's amazing. It is Ken's little daughter.' It is cute.

http://www.usmagazine.com/moviestvmu...culous-2011187
Old 07-21-2011, 07:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Windy City Times: Hello, Vanessa. Where in the world are you right now?

Vanessa Carlton: I am in Santa Ana, Calif. I found a creek that I have just run along that is really quite lovely. At the same time I thought there might be some kind of scary homeless man that might drag me into the woods but I am enjoying it. It's weird.

Windy City Times: Oh, no—be careful. Do you live in California now?

Vanessa Carlton: No, I just flew in from New York. I am here doing a week of shows.

Windy City Times: After seeing the new video for "Carousel" your outfit reminded me of Stevie Nicks a little.

Vanessa Carlton: Well, part of it was a little ode to Stevie and a lot of it was channeling classic female songwriters from the '70s that I feel like their ecstatic comes in every now and then. But I love the video so much; it's so clean, beautiful and natural. I really worked closely with my friend Tracy Moulton who is an amazing costume designer. I wound up wearing a $10 vintage kimono thing that we just turned into a dress for a stunning new design like that white amazing dress. It is about channeling something that is very natural and ethereal.

Windy City Times: You have toured with Stevie in the past and she has given you some amazing compliments, referring to you as "one of the great ones."

Vanessa Carlton: I am lucky to have her in my life—not just as an artistic totem, but to be able to call her a friend. She is a really good friend.

http://www.windycitymediagroup.com/g....php?AID=32903
Old 07-21-2011, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

MATTHEW WHIPPLE: Yes, a lot of Spiritualized. There’s a lot of stuff that I think sounds Beatles-y or like Fleetwood Mac.

JOSEPH D’AGOSTINO: Totally.

MATTHEW WHIPPLE: Sort of 70′s classic pop sounds.

JOSEPH D’AGOSTINO: That’s sort of becoming a thing now isn’t it? Like “the Fleetwood Mac” thing.

MATTHEW WHIPPLE: I don’t know, is it? Fleetwood Mac is very now….to be able to say, “yeah, Fleetwood Mac is cool.”

JOSEPH D’AGOSTINO: I mean….they are a cool band.

There’s nothing wrong with that. I’m supposed to interview Stevie Nicks in a few days. I have a lifelong obsession with Fleetwood Mac, so I’m glad it comes up so much now.

MATTHEW WHIPPLE: No way. Stevie? Really? There’s a YouTube video I’ve been obsessing over of her singing backstage….

JOSEPH D’AGOSTINO: In the mirror?

MATTHEW WHIPPLE: Kind of….it’s her singing one of her solo singles like backstage with people standing around her. It’s amazing. She does this amazing performance of the song just accappella in the dressing room while people put her makeup on.

http://stereogum.com/765672/progress...ogress-report/
Old 07-22-2011, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In fact, Henley has plenty of dirty laundry of his own, so much so that the song was initially believed to be about his own missteps. And according to Eagles insiders, that laundry could get pretty stinky. He's frequently been accused of egotism and arrogance, minor complaints compared to alleged indiscretions involving drugs, debauchery, and prostitution. The band's history -- not to mention best-selling books like the Hollywood tell-all You'll Never Make Love in This Town Again and Don Felder's Heaven and Hell: My Life in the Eagles (1974-2001) -- is littered with tales of head-butting between Henley and his fellow bandmates. Likewise, his torrid romance with Stevie Nicks also provided plenty of fodder for the gossip columns. Once she became pregnant, Henley withdrew from the relationship and Nicks opted for an abortion, later penning the song "Sara" in tribute to the unborn child.

Nicks' former beau Lindsey Buckingham also made note of Henley's lack of discretion. He claims that his participation in the making of Henley's Building the Perfect Beast album led Henley to suggest that they go out on the road together while billing their jaunt as a former Stevie Nicks' lovers tour.

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/co...y_birthday.php
Old 07-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

STEVIE NICKS: In Your Dreams.The granite-voiced one has kept up a decent consistency over many years – and there’s some strong stuff in here as she veers from thumping soft rock through acoustic troubadouring to just plain storytelling. If Cliff Richard is the Peter Pan of Pop, she’s the Petra Pan of Rock.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/leisure-an...6081-29097813/
Old 07-28-2011, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

America’s Got Talent will welcome Stevie Nicks to the stage tonight during the live results show. Stevie Nicks seems to be making her way back into the limelight. The Fleetwood Mac singer released a new album in 2010, her first in about 10 years and it received nothing but praise from critics. More recently, Stevie Nicks joined Maroon 5 on stage at a recent concert where she and The Voice coach, Adam Levine performed a duet of “Leather and Lace.”

http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.co...alent-tonight/
Old 07-29-2011, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
America’s Got Talent will welcome Stevie Nicks to the stage tonight during the live results show. Stevie Nicks seems to be making her way back into the limelight. The Fleetwood Mac singer released a new album in 2010, her first in about 10 years and it received nothing but praise from critics. More recently, Stevie Nicks joined Maroon 5 on stage at a recent concert where she and The Voice coach, Adam Levine performed a duet of “Leather and Lace.”

http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.co...alent-tonight/
I'm a day too late in finding out about this. What did she perform? Is there a clip available for view?
Old 07-29-2011, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I'm a day too late in finding out about this. What did she perform? Is there a clip available for view?
These were fantastic performances. Just go in that thread. They are posted there, Bob.