Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakerofBirds View Post
Here's a review of the show complete with setlist and imbedded youtube videos.

http://bestclassicbands.com/buckingh...pener-6-22-17/
There's also a voting chart on the right margin for double albums!! Tusk in on there.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:02 PM

I voted Tusk Up to #15... Go vote! see thread above.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
WYWH is gorgeous. I've always loved this song. Excellent singing and the guitar stuff at the end is to die for.
I love it too. For a bluesy Englishwoman, Christine is quite vulnerable on this one.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So when are they all going to get together and rehearse for the classic east and west festivals? Christine and Lindsey have shows like only a few days before each festival.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
So when are they all going to get together and rehearse for the classic east and west festivals? Christine and Lindsey have shows like only a few days before each festival.
This only proves they don't need to rehearse three months for the next tour.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

OMG, the videos from the first show are fantastic!

My ONE hope for this tour was to hear "Friend" performed live. But that's ok. Hearing "Hold Me" after all this time was a good consolation prize. The acoustic version of "Friend" is one of my favorites of Christine's of all time. It would have been perfect for them.

I can't wait until I can see a show closer to home!
Old 06-22-2017, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i would have loved Say You Love Me instead of You Make Loving Fun.

not surprised about no Songbird considering Game of Pretend.

totally impressed with Chris not doing Don't Stop.

would be totally impressed with Linds not doing Big Love but he ruined that by doing Trouble and NGBA. would rather hear BL than those 2 any day!

#setlist #lindseybuckingham #christinemcvie #fleetwoodmac #atlanta

A post shared by Will Gara (@williamrgara) on

I'm a bit disappointed that, like the album, there's a sort of a feel that this is Lindsey Buckingham featuring special guest Christine McVie. Far too much Lindsey right out of the gate. Why not confirm that ths is to support their work TOGETHER by opening with some rollicking song they do TOGETHER off this album? I agree that Trouble solo (not the band version) is a terrible opener. Shut Us Down another bad choice. Not sure I get the inclusion of Tusk.... other Lindsey/Chris stuff better-- like Think About Me. I get that they want an upbeat song in this slot, but TAM def would work here.

The inclusion of I'm So Afraid by definition means they won't do Carnival Begin because come on, they're so much alike. Which begs the question, wtf not do CB??? It totally promotes the new album AND still gives Lindsey the big solo. I mean, how many more copies of the white album are they gonna sell with people who don't have ISA??

I count 9 LB songs and 7 Chris. I get the feeling that Chris isn't accorded the same ranking in the hierarchy as LB. You know dam well Stevie's people would insist on nothing less than 50-50 split (if they couldn't get 60-40).
Old 06-22-2017, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

I count 9 LB songs and 7 Chris.
That image leaves off the encore which includes 2 Chris songs and 1 Lindsey. So it's 10/9..
Old 06-22-2017, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm a bit disappointed that, like the album, there's a sort of a feel that this is Lindsey Buckingham featuring special guest Christine McVie. Far too much Lindsey right out of the gate. Why not confirm that ths is to support their work TOGETHER by opening with some rollicking song they do TOGETHER off this album? I agree that Trouble solo (not the band version) is a terrible opener. Shut Us Down another bad choice. Not sure I get the inclusion of Tusk.... other Lindsey/Chris stuff better-- like Think About Me. I get that they want an upbeat song in this slot, but TAM def would work here.

The inclusion of I'm So Afraid by definition means they won't do Carnival Begin because come on, they're so much alike. Which begs the question, wtf not do CB??? It totally promotes the new album AND still gives Lindsey the big solo. I mean, how many more copies of the white album are they gonna sell with people who don't have ISA??

I count 9 LB songs and 7 Chris. I get the feeling that Chris isn't accorded the same ranking in the hierarchy as LB. You know dam well Stevie's people would insist on nothing less than 50-50 split (if they couldn't get 60-40).
The only time I felt the show was LB-dominant was during the opener. The rest of the show was a good mix of both their songs and seemed like Buckingham McVie to me. Christine is not a "Look At Me" type of performer who craves the spotlight, so I think she's totally fine.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snroxman View Post
The acoustic version of "Friend" is one of my favorites of Christine's of all time. It would have been perfect for them.
I'm with you! Love that version of that song. It ranks among the best non-Mac Mac music of the last fifty years.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey Buckingham & Christine McVie Atlanta torrent

Lindsey Buckingham & Christine McVie
Chastain Park Amphitheater
Atlanta, Georgia
June 21st, 2017

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d...d=594791&hit=1

Zoom H2 w/ Internal Mics > PC > CD WAV Editor (Track Splitting) > FLAC (Level 8)

01 Trouble
02 Never Going Back Again
03 Wish You Were Here
04 Shut Us Down
05 Sleeping Around The Corner
06 Feel About You
07 In My World
08 Too Far Gone
09 Hold Me
10 Little Lies
11 Tusk
12 {Lindsey Talking}
13 Love Is Here To Stay
14 Red Sun
15 You Make Loving Fun
16 I'm So Afraid
17 Go Your Own Way
18 {Encore Break}
19 Everywhere
20 {Band Intro}
21 Lay Down For Free
22 Game Of Pretend

The Band:

Lindsey Buckingham: Guitars, Vocals
Christine McVie: Keyboards, Accordian, Vocals
Neale Heywood: Guitars, Vocals
Jimmy Paxson: Drums
Federico Pol: Bass
Brett Tuggle: Guitars, Keyboards, Vocals

Braved the weather to catch opening night of the tour to promote the new album with 8 out of the 10 songs being played. The songs do have a little more edge to them live. Will be interesting to see if the other two get played down the line. I was surprised On With The Show wasn't played and then a little bummed Christine didn't do Songbird since it wasn't performed when FM played Atlanta last.

Lindsey and Christine came out and performed the 1st 3 songs together and then the band joins them for the rest of the set. Lindsey is Lindsey... great as always - and I thought Christine sounded great too. My friends that went with me disagreed and thought she sounded a little off.

Enjoy.
AB

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 06-23-2017, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
Lindsey Buckingham & Christine McVie
Chastain Park Amphitheater
Atlanta, Georgia
June 21st, 2017

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d...d=594791&hit=1

Zoom H2 w/ Internal Mics > PC > CD WAV Editor (Track Splitting) > FLAC (Level 8)

01 Trouble
02 Never Going Back Again
03 Wish You Were Here

04 Shut Us Down
05 Sleeping Around The Corner
06 Feel About You
07 In My World
08 Too Far Gone
09 Hold Me
10 Little Lies
11 Tusk
12 {Lindsey Talking}
13 Love Is Here To Stay
14 Red Sun
15 You Make Loving Fun
16 I'm So Afraid
17 Go Your Own Way
18 {Encore Break}
19 Everywhere
20 {Band Intro}
21 Lay Down For Free
22 Game Of Pretend

The Band:

Lindsey Buckingham: Guitars, Vocals
Christine McVie: Keyboards, Accordian, Vocals
Neale Heywood: Guitars, Vocals
Jimmy Paxson: Drums
Federico Pol: Bass
Brett Tuggle: Guitars, Keyboards, Vocals

Braved the weather to catch opening night of the tour to promote the new album with 8 out of the 10 songs being played. The songs do have a little more edge to them live. Will be interesting to see if the other two get played down the line. I was surprised On With The Show wasn't played and then a little bummed Christine didn't do Songbird since it wasn't performed when FM played Atlanta last.

Lindsey and Christine came out and performed the 1st 3 songs together and then the band joins them for the rest of the set. Lindsey is Lindsey... great as always - and I thought Christine sounded great too. My friends that went with me disagreed and thought she sounded a little off.

Enjoy.
AB
Christine was onstage and performing on Trouble and NGBA??
Old 06-24-2017, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Christine was onstage and performing on Trouble and NGBA??
Plus the band joined for Shut Us Down?
Old 06-24-2017, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Plus the band joined for Shut Us Down?
No, Shut was solo. It was just the two of them for the first FOUR songs, then the band joined. But she wasn't doing much on his songs.
And Wish You Were Here... the piano intro was gone. Lindsey really carried the song on guitar. After recycling it for Silver Springs, our guess was that people would think they were doing SS, if she'd re recycled it for WYWH.
Old 06-24-2017, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
No, Shut was solo. It was just the two of them for the first FOUR songs, then the band joined. But she wasn't doing much on his songs.
And Wish You Were Here... the piano intro was gone. Lindsey really carried the song on guitar. After recycling it for Silver Springs, our guess was that people would think they were doing SS, if she'd re recycled it for WYWH.
but the whole song is built around her singing at her piano-- in much the same way as Songbird and Game of Pretend. The piano is the central musical piece.

Does she not have the strength in her hands to play a whole show anymore?? Is he just retooling everything to his liking?? what's going on with some of this stuff-- she seems not to be playing on a lot of things. Mitchell Froom did the keyboards on a lot of stuff on the album-- is she just not playing any of those parts?