User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-14-2018, 01:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
hahaha. and when was that when she said that she's just waiting for his kids to turn 18 and go to college, and then maybe she can get together with him again. guess now his kids are about that age, yet he obviously has no intention of getting together with her. one positive thing her ousting him did is that she can no longer spew such crap.
Holy cow... I've never heard THAT iteration of it before, but talk about someone who doesn't even have one foot grounded in reality. Yikes!
Old 12-14-2018, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
hahaha. and when was that when she said that she's just waiting for his kids to turn 18 and go to college, and then maybe she can get together with him again. guess now his kids are about that age, yet he obviously has no intention of getting together with her. one positive thing her ousting him did is that she can no longer spew such crap.
Stevie's said some daft things before, but I think this is the icing on the cake. I've never read or heard anything about her saying this. I'd love to see the source or the context of this.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Stevie's said some daft things before, but I think this is the icing on the cake. I've never read or heard anything about her saying this. I'd love to see the source or the context of this.
There was a documentary called Fleetwood Mac Don’t Stop..I think it aired in the UK in 2013....for their 2013 tour.

And towards the end she said.....One day his precious kids will be gone....and then maybe Lindsey and I can be friends
Or words to that effect
Old 12-14-2018, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe I'm wrong (see I said that upfront this time), but after the seventies I don't think Stevie ever wished or hoped that the two of them would be friends, or more than friends.

She does not like the man (apologies if that wording is misandric).

She played up all the "maybe this, maybe that" to satisfy consumer demand for a star-crossed lovers story, or at least for some personal story between them.
Old 12-14-2018, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Maybe I'm wrong (see I said that upfront this time), but after the seventies I don't think Stevie ever wished or hoped that the two of them would be friends, or more than friends.
haha yeah - you are wromg, there's no maybe. she loves him and hates him all at the same time, and wants all his attention all the time. she doesn't like him, but never can stop talking about him.

and she also hates that she owes him so much and would not be where she is without him, and that's why she's trying to erase him so hard from the history of her success. while he understands he wouldn't be where he is without her, although he may have probably been better off.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-15-2018, 02:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
There was a documentary called Fleetwood Mac Don’t Stop..I think it aired in the UK in 2013....for their 2013 tour.

And towards the end she said.....One day his precious kids will be gone....and then maybe Lindsey and I can be friends
Or words to that effect
Thanks Sue! I found the documentary and watched it. Very, very interesting and can't believe I'd never seen it. The comment in question regarding Stevie airs about the 56:00 mark. I'm relieved that she definitely didn't say what I understood her to say. Basically she said that maybe she and Lindsey would be friends when FM is a distant memory and his precious kids are grown up and gone. No bearing on the conditions, just a time perspective. Or probably never!

Surprisingly John McVie is featured nicely in this one too!

https://rutube.ru/video/1d8da6bbea8d...0cb369e5250b9/

Last edited by jwd; 12-15-2018 at 02:53 AM..
Old 12-15-2018, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
haha yeah - you are wromg, there's no maybe. she loves him and hates him all at the same time, and wants all his attention all the time. she doesn't like him, but never can stop talking about him.

and she also hates that she owes him so much and would not be where she is without him, and that's why she's trying to erase him so hard from the history of her success. while he understands he wouldn't be where he is without her, although he may have probably been better off.
Sounds like that Smokey Robinson song......”You really got a hold on me”