Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[When I was a kid, I used to carry a bus ticket in my shoe at all times, just in case of an emergency]

Stevie Nicks: 'I carried a gram of cocaine in my boot at all times'
Stevie meant to add,

And I wore those boots all Summer Long.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Even though most of us know about all the things she covered, the details and sometimes emotions she provided this time around were really cool. I teared up too. We've seen her get emotional on stage, but it's different when she's looking right at the camera. So very powerful.

I connected with when she spoke of questions remaining unanswered after losing your Mom. So true.

Great program. Thanks to Skip for making it downloadable. I hope I can figure out how to get it on dvd later today.

Jamie
Old 03-25-2013, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i just went to fb and stevie has over 1.4 million likes! oh my thats a lot! now would be the time to put out those new fleetwood mac songs thats for sure!
Old 03-25-2013, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

People say celebs have or had a easy life .This girl of ours had a very hard life.

As she said her family and relatives live up to their 90's .I hope to god that she does.
I know she will out live me.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thanks so much for sharing! I saw this last night and really enjoyed it! Stevie looked fantastic and I loved having an hour dedicated to Ms. Nicks!
Old 03-25-2013, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
People say celebs have or had a easy life .This girl of ours had a very hard life.
I still think she's had an easy life. Drug taking is a choice. I watched it with my mother, brother and sister in law. It was the usual exagerations and little white lies and it focused wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much on her drug problems. She told all the same stories I've heard a million times and each time she tells them she changes the story a little bit. I did tear up when she was tearing up about Robin but then I caught my SIL lookin' at me at that moment out of the corner of my eye.
The lighting was terrible. Stevie looks so much better than that in person. You don't have to be an alcoholic to go to AA. I got clean in AA. My drug of choice was marijuana but I went to AA at first because it was a Gay AA and they have the same 12 step program of N/A. She's still blaming the Doctor for her addiction.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I still think she's had an easy life. Drug taking is a choice. I watched it with my mother, brother and sister in law. It was the usual exagerations and little white lies and it focused wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much on her drug problems. She told all the same stories I've heard a million times and each time she tells them she changes the story a little bit. I did tear up when she was tearing up about Robin but then I caught my SIL lookin' at me at that moment out of the corner of my eye.
The lighting was terrible. Stevie looks so much better than that in person. You don't have to be an alcoholic to go to AA. I got clean in AA. My drug of choice was marijuana but I went to AA at first because it was a Gay AA and they have the same 12 step program of N/A. She's still blaming the Doctor for her addiction.
Yes I agree with the drug and booze problems.

Yes I did tear up when she was talking about Robin and her son Matt.It was nice to she the photo with Stevie and Matt.

Yes They should of done the interview outside in the sun or something better then that video. I looked great when I was on the news last week because I was outside.I know I needed a shave but my face did not look bad on Hi def TV.

The background music was annoying and also the quick camera angle changes were making me dizzy .Thats normal for cable TV productions these days.Just watch some Home and Garden Network shows.You feel like you been on a roller coaster ride while sitting in your favorite seat in front of your tele.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 03-25-2013 at 12:09 PM..
Old 03-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks so much for uploading this. Can't wait to watch it

Old 03-25-2013, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I completely disagree. Addiction of any kind is not a choice. Take it for the first time was a choice and that is the only point we can truly debate. One side would argue that in that timeframe, ignorance was prevailing and everyone thought it was recreational. You could still judge her for that if you choose but that is no different in thought than you thinking you can break the speed limit by 5mph. It's a choice that you don't believe will have consequences. However, when it turned from recreational use to dependence, that was not her choice and it's incredibly hard to kick. I'm amazed she kicked it with one trip to rehab per drug. Unlike a Lindsey Lohan, Robert Downey, etc - those people needed multiple treatments.

It looks like she had an easy life to some - but that is perception and easy to say when we did not live it. Our reality is completely different. I commend her for the message she delivers to people. We need more of this type of person in the world.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
Thank you!
There wasn't a lot of new info (for die hard fans) but it was still very interesting. The part about Robin was the most poignant, I almost started crying with her! The personal pictures where very nice, I finally know what Matthew looks like and those "new" Fritz and BN pics were pretty damn cool (the other pics were a little bit dissapointing, all generic Gettyimages and Corbis stuff).
Oh, I liked the pictures too. You know we've all seen shots of Lindsey holding both Christine and Stevie's necks in the crooks of his elbow, but the one they showed last night seemed different. The look on Christine's face seemed so relaxed as she leaned back into him. It struck me. I've seen the photos where they looked like they were gagging, but in that one last night Christine looked kind of blissed.

Michele
Old 03-25-2013, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieNicksfann View Post
I completely disagree. Addiction of any kind is not a choice. Take it for the first time was a choice and that is the only point we can truly debate. One side would argue that in that timeframe, ignorance was prevailing and everyone thought it was recreational. You could still judge her for that if you choose but that is no different in thought than you thinking you can break the speed limit by 5mph. It's a choice that you don't believe will have consequences. However, when it turned from recreational use to dependence, that was not her choice and it's incredibly hard to kick. I'm amazed she kicked it with one trip to rehab per drug. Unlike a Lindsey Lohan, Robert Downey, etc - those people needed multiple treatments.

It looks like she had an easy life to some - but that is perception and easy to say when we did not live it. Our reality is completely different. I commend her for the message she delivers to people. We need more of this type of person in the world.
Of course nobody voluntarily enlists for an addiction to drugs. That's just like voluntarily driving a speeding car into a brick wall. But, like you said, in Stevie's case, it seemed to stem from a sense of infallibility/immortality, which thereby led her to ignore the possible consequences of her actions. Such willful ignorance is a choice. She absolutely knew what she was getting into.

Has she been through a lot in her life? Absolutely. Was it a rough life? I think you should ask someone who has genuinely had a rough life- poverty, broken homes, major health issues, family tragedy, violence, physical abuse, etc.- all things that are noticeably absent from the narrative of Stevie's life.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:41 PM
Junior Ledgie

Thank you for uploading
Old 03-25-2013, 01:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

Location: By the beautiful 3 rivers in southeast Washington State

I loved the show...

Wanted to chime in on the drug use.

You would have had to have lived in the 60's and 70's to understand the ignorance that went along with most all drug use. "The Man" told horror stories of what would happen, and nobody young listened to "the man." There's nothing to compare it to today that I can see. It was such a different time. Sort of like smoking in the 20's and 30's.

The doc that prescribed her benzo's should have had his license revoked. He would today I'm sure.
Benzo's are the absolute hardest drug to get off. Harder than coke, heroin, cigs, etc. You absolutely CAN DIE. I'm very very surprised that she could kick it in 47 days. You have to taper and it's HELL. The after effects can last up to 3 years and are not pleasant. As far as realizing what was happening, how could she? Those drugs purposely give you a feeling of well being. It's not until it's too late that you might realize there's a problem.

Just my 2.5 cents. Sorry for the book. It's a subject I have some passion for.

Long live Stevie and all of us fantastic fans!
Old 03-25-2013, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Has she been through a lot in her life? Absolutely. Was it a rough life? I think you should ask someone who has genuinely had a rough life- poverty, broken homes, major health issues, family tragedy, violence, physical abuse, etc.- all things that are noticeably absent from the narrative of Stevie's life.
I agree with you.

I liked the show. A bit more detail, some new pics. I felt that she was a lot more open & honest than in the past, and definitely more emotional. And I thought she looked great - the way a beautiful 64 year old woman should! No fuzzy lenses, no camera trickery.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Of course nobody voluntarily enlists for an addiction to drugs. That's just like voluntarily driving a speeding car into a brick wall. But, like you said, in Stevie's case, it seemed to stem from a sense of infallibility/immortality, which thereby led her to ignore the possible consequences of her actions. Such willful ignorance is a choice. She absolutely knew what she was getting into.

Everything is relative. Everything's intensity is based on its context. If you feel it, it's real.