Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2014, 07:34 PM
Ledgie

Default Jeremy Spencer Cancels Tour For Health Reasons

http://www.presstelegram.com/events/...health-reasons

Fans of original Fleetwood Mac guitarist Jeremy Spencer will have to wait even longer for his first U.S. tour in more than four decades.

The 65-year-old slide guitarist has canceled his 30-stop U.S tour, which was set to start in Long Beach on Wednesday, due to unspecified health reasons. There is no word yet on a rescheduled tour.

In a statement written by Spencer and emailed to the Long Beach Press-Telegram by his publicist, the blues rocker said he had to return to Ireland, where he lives with his wife, for medical treatment.

“I have recently been under considerable stress due to unrelenting demands on my life and time. It has now resulted in potentially serious health problems for which I am compelled to return to Ireland for treatment. I am distraught over having to postpone what was to be a memorable tour,” he said in a statement.

The tour was set to launch at Fingerprints record store on Feb. 12 before moving on to Largo at the Coronet in Los Angeles on Thursday, followed by a stop in San Diego then back to L.A. on Saturday with a show at the Westwood Music Center.

The tour was to be Spencer’s first in the U.S. in more than 40 years after he walked away from the band he helped to start back in 1967.

He was set to perform songs from his 2012 release “Bend in the Road,” and the upcoming “Coventry Blue,” which is set for release March 1. Spencer was also planning on playing some songs from his days with Fleetwood Mac.

In a previous interview with the Press-Telegram, Spencer said he was feeling “scared” about touring again and was “very happy to be staying here working in my little home studio creating instead of facing the big bad world.” But he said he felt he needed to do it, that it was good for him and that a lot of people wanted him to tour again.

The tour was being financed through an online Kickstarter campaign to raise $10,000 for initial tour expenses. As of Monday morning $10,441 had been raised through the campaign.

“Unfortunately, here I am forced to let everyone down who was counting on me. I cannot do the subject justice. Please convey to the venues my deepest apologies, and gratitude for their consideration of my situation. I am truly sorry over such an untimely delay,” Spencer’s continued in his statement.