The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Happy Fathers day......................................

Happy Fathers day to all the DAD Ledgies out there.I hope all of you are relaxing listening to FM/Stevie/Lindsey tunes all day and doing nothing else.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-16-2013, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know if anybody is watching the daytime Emmy's on HLN, but Corbin Bernsen, who mother was Jeanne Cooper who died recently, just dropped the S-word and the F bomb, LIVE - NO BLEEPING!!

Somebody's gonna get in trouble......................
Old 06-20-2013, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone have a recorded version of this song?: Icona Pop - I Love It (feat. Charli XCX)
If so could you please pm me with a link so I can DL it(And I'm not talking about a paid link, my friends)
Old 06-20-2013, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Today I've been cigarette free for 11 years! Go Mark!
Mark...Bless you. I just started the nicotine replacement you hold in your hand and drag on this pipe end, little mouthpiece thing...the nicotine is sublingual of sorts...hitting the back of your throat and absorbing there. Cool at first because kind of mentholy like Sales...but now it makes me nauseas and it seems more toxic than the feds drug laden smokes...

How did you do it?
Old 06-21-2013, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I apparently my yahoo email account got all kinds of screwed up Wednesday when I clicked on an email "from" my friend. It seems that some really annoying spam is being sent around as it replicates the email and then sends it EVERYBODY in my address book. So now all my friends/co-workers got this email.

So if you get a email "from" a friend with their name as the subject heading, don't click on it, just delete it and then change your password, which my yahoo account will not recognize anymore, so now my email is all kinds of jacked up!

...and I'm going around calling everybody who could have gotten an email and telling them, while setting up a new account and changing my email on my Amazon, Ledge, and other online profiles....

Fun, fun, fun.........................
Old 06-23-2013, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default open letter to Ed(because your pm box is full)

Hi Ed,
I saw you at the front of the stage in your usual spot after the show in Mansfield and you were talking to Grace. I wanted to talk to you but I had to choose between you and Grace and I haven't seen her in a minute so I'll tell you here. I know why you have stayed away from posting because Skip told me the other night you are tired of the BS said about Stevie and I wonder why any of that would bother you? You've been around here long enough to know that stuff is no big deal. Personally I find it funny how people take the whole experience so darn seriously. The Stevie bashers don't bother me one bit.
Everything you post is so interesting and valuable to the community. You must never leave us. We need your input always! Rhiannon, don't go...

Regards, Mark
Old 06-23-2013, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaidSomething View Post
Mark...Bless you. I just started the nicotine replacement you hold in your hand and drag on this pipe end, little mouthpiece thing...the nicotine is sublingual of sorts...hitting the back of your throat and absorbing there. Cool at first because kind of mentholy like Sales...but now it makes me nauseas and it seems more toxic than the feds drug laden smokes...

How did you do it?
14 years for me.

I had been trying to quit off and on. Had done it a few times but always went back. Then one day my mom called, and I grabbed my pack of Marlboros and went out to the lanai. I was lighting one up when she told me she was diagnosed with lung cancer and they were going to remove her left lung and a 1/4 of her right one.

I put them down and haven't smoked since. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss it.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerlongBoots View Post
14 years for me.
I put them down and haven't smoked since. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss it.
Congrats. That is phenominal.

I don't miss them one bit. Such a gross, disgusting bad habit that was. I felt like a slave to those things.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Congrats to you on 11 years as well. It really is something to celebrate!

I don't miss the slave part either, or the nasty, unhealthy part, or the cost, and I don't miss them 24/7.

But once in a while, someone walks by and I get a whiff of that nasty smoke and my lungs scream *feed me.* I guess after 30 years of smoking my lungs will continue to scream out every now and I'll just let them. I'll never smoke again.

Thankfully, it passes.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just was diagnosed this week with a moderate form of Asthma .I started on the inhalers and I am honestly looking forward to being able to breathe better. I've known for quite a while that something was wrong. All that heavy cigarette smoking I did for 19 years and marijuana smoke I inhaled for 30 years took their toll on my lungs. I'm 51 years old now. In my mid 30's I used to tell myself while puffing away, that "someday you are going to pay a heavy price for all this smoking." I feel lucky I didn't get cancer from those abusive years.

My advice to you:

STOP SMOKING
Old 06-24-2013, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone else love this video as much as I do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voxAXO0aasY

Just thought I'd share.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Does anyone else love this video as much as I do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voxAXO0aasY

Just thought I'd share.
YES! Getting down to business, speedy twirls and all, she was definitely feeling good!
Old 06-25-2013, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Happy way to end this Tuesday!!
The best radio station here in my city Bariloche played "One Man Show"!!!!!!!!! I was really surprised, because you know, here the radios don't play FM -and solos- so much, so I was so happy!
Well, this radio station is always playing the music of my favourites bands, and they dedicate the whole show to one artist.

Setlist:
- Cast Away Dreams
- Bleed to love Her
- Not Too Late
- Stephanie
- Come
- Shut Us Down
- Go Insane
- I'm So Afraid

They also talked about Lindsey's career, as solo artist and with FM, including the last work with the new EP.
"He's a great artist. As a singer, composer and producer, he released this new album, One Man Show, without external arrangements, as other bands do. With only one guitar, he plays his new and classic songs, and he does wonders on stage. This acoustic album is really neat and excellent" -they said. This is a good critic!!
Regards
Old 06-27-2013, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This pretty much sums up my sentiments regarding Fleetwood Mac the last 15 years.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Well...

the 4th time hopefully can be a charm, just was released from a facility for my severe depression, it started to affect my work (Mars Petcare US is my employer) as well as my life - but having such a great employer behind me I will overcome this issue that keeps hanging itself upon my head....

Btw, ever walked into a room in your home after being away and see an avalanche of cd's upon the floor? My cats knocked my bootleg racks over spilling probably 2000-3000 cd's across the floor - not a good site for me, especially because the last time this happened it took me about 12 hours nonstop to reorganize the mess, LOL!

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 06-28-2013 at 04:38 AM..