The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Who are you routing for to win the lawsuit?
I’m routing for Lindsey to win. 110 88.71%
I’m routing for Fleetwood Mac to win. 14 11.29%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2018, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Angry

Frankly my dears I don’t give a damn. Though I recently started to listen Fleetwood Mac music again (it was like 4 months of mac protest silence at home and car), I’m still upset and so disappointed with these 5 people (yes, the 5 of them). This is not how the Fleetwood Mac legend should end (let’s face it, we don’t know when the last waltz will be danced, but we are sure it won’t be in 20 years).

And I don’t criticize you guys about voting in this poll, actually I love polls, but I’m tired of polarized teams. Politics, presidents, congress (my country is going through a political polarization like the one I see in the US), gender identity, etc., and now Fleetwood Mac? No way!

Have fun guys, my intention is not to be the Grinch spoling the thread. I just will pass, and wanted to tell why.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Frankly my dears I don’t give a damn. Though I recently started to listen Fleetwood Mac music again (it was like 4 months of mac protest silence at home and car), I’m still upset and so disappointed with these 5 people (yes, the 5 of them). This is not how the Fleetwood Mac legend should end (let’s face it, we don’t know when the last waltz will be danced, but we are sure it won’t be in 20 years).

And I don’t criticize you guys about voting in this poll, actually I love polls, but I’m tired of polarized teams. Politics, presidents, congress (my country is going through a political polarization like the one I see in the US), gender identity, etc., and now Fleetwood Mac? No way!

Have fun guys, my intention is not to be the Grinch spoling the thread. I just will pass, and wanted to tell why.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am on neither team I guess. I am indifferent to Lindsey and his firing from the band. And, frankly. I also gave up on new FM music years ago and so none of it is an arrow through my heart as it seems to be to many on this forum. I do have a bit of a tingle imagining what details might emerge about his behavior leading to the firing, however.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

91-9 in Lindsey's favor!

Not good for FM, if this even remotely reflects the opinion of the general public.

Last edited by jwd; 10-16-2018 at 06:16 PM..
Old 10-16-2018, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Just wanted to chime in and state that I am Team Lindsey all the way.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
91-9 in Lindsey's favor!

Not good for FM, if this even remotely reflects the opinion of the general public.
Pretty sure that even now there are far more than 100 people who are members of this board and several of the people that do still post already said they weren't taking sides. Further, the opinions of a pretty specific group of individuals won't at all be relevant to a reasoned examination of contract law. (and whatever else comes out from both sides during this whole mess) That will really be all that matters in the end.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Are you Team Lindsey or Team Fleetwood Mac ? Who are u routing for in the lawsuit ?

I voted a while back.I hope Lindsey wins his lawsuit he filed against the band.This is very sad situation with Lindsey and the band.I have been fan since the 1970's.I'm 60 years old.I wish the band and Stevie and Lindsey had sat down together, even privately and worked this out. Instead of just firing him.And completely refusing to talk to him or communicate with him.

Last edited by msLinds; 10-19-2018 at 06:17 PM..
Old 10-17-2018, 02:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
91-9 in Lindsey's favor!

I don’t think the group of people on this board which now seems to have whittled down to those who are borderline obsessed with the lawsuit (myself included) are anywhere close to representative of the general public. However, I think if people were told that Lindsey is suing because he was told he was fired for smirking and complaining about an intro song, and that FM’s only public statement was that they couldn’t come to terms about the tour, and that Lindsey refutes this statement, then overwhelming number would root for him.

If there is more to this story, which I continue to believe, FM needs to get it out there.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quite frankly, why should we believe the band at this point, they have lied numerous times to the fans, so a new statement will also be viewed in that context. Any justifications regarding firing Lindsey that isn't based around the sheer ego of Stevie is just not going to fly. Be honest, say she hates him, and they took her side due to the financial gains of a tour with her vs a tour with Lindsey. Be ****ing real.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Pretty sure that even now there are far more than 100 people who are members of this board and several of the people that do still post already said they weren't taking sides. Further, the opinions of a pretty specific group of individuals won't at all be relevant to a reasoned examination of contract law. (and whatever else comes out from both sides during this whole mess) That will really be all that matters in the end.
100+ is a good sample of Ledgies, especially of the number of people that actually post and show interest in the band here. I'd say if you did another sample of 100, you'd get the same result. Not to mention there are people in their personal lives that have the same sentiments. So it's not just here, but it's out there, in the media. What we've seen and heard from FM and Lindsey make most of us feel that he was wronged. Maybe we don't know the whole story. Maybe we never will. But, I feel that FM has a tarnished image in the eyes of many people, diehard and casual fans alike. So that is very relevant to the business of FM.

In the meantime we wait for the lawsuit to be settled one way or another. Let there be justice. But I'm not sure if there will be a real winner.

Last edited by jwd; 10-17-2018 at 06:23 PM..
Old 10-17-2018, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I don’t think the group of people on this board which now seems to have whittled down to those who are borderline obsessed with the lawsuit (myself included) are anywhere close to representative of the general public. However, I think if people were told that Lindsey is suing because he was told he was fired for smirking and complaining about an intro song, and that FM’s only public statement was that they couldn’t come to terms about the tour, and that Lindsey refutes this statement, then overwhelming number would root for him.

If there is more to this story, which I continue to believe, FM needs to get it out there.

Yes, and here we are. As far as the tour statement goes, we already know that was a lie. Were they protecting Lindsey or Stevie or the band by not dishing the real dirt?

Last edited by jwd; 10-17-2018 at 06:36 PM..
Old 10-17-2018, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
Quite frankly, why should we believe the band at this point, they have lied numerous times to the fans, so a new statement will also be viewed in that context. Any justifications regarding firing Lindsey that isn't based around the sheer ego of Stevie is just not going to fly. Be honest, say she hates him, and they took her side due to the financial gains of a tour with her vs a tour with Lindsey. Be ****ing real.

Probably wouldn't be justifiable cause to fire him in a court of law, especially with their volatile interpersonal relationships within the band, for MANY years.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
100+ is a good sample of Ledgies, especially of the number of people that actually post and show interest in the band here. I'd say if you did another sample of 100, you'd get the same result. Not to mention there are people in their personal lives that have the same sentiments. So it's not just here, but it's out there, in the media. What we've seen and heard from FM and Lindsey make most of us feel that he was wronged. Maybe we don't know the whole story. Maybe we never will. But, I feel that FM has a tarnished image in the eyes of many people, diehard and casual fans alike. So that is very relevant to the business of FM.

In the meantime we wait for the lawsuit to be settled one way or another. Let there be justice. But I'm not sure if there will be a real winner.
Yes, no real winners. Hence why some of us didn't vote for either.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
There's no point (to me anyway) in voting in a rigged poll.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We're voting for justice, not winners.