User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-26-2003, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
How can anyone hate ANY version of "Oh Well" is beyond me. After "Stardust", it's the best song ever written. Only Kenny Wayne Shepard can ruin this song. It's like pizza, there's not really a bad one, just some better than others.
Sorry, I don't like soggy or under-cooked pizza, and there are some toppings I won't eat. IMO Billy's vocal was annoying. Not that I agree with most reviewers, but I see the point of the one who wrote that he tried too hard to imitate Lindsey's idiosyncrosies. I don't know that he was trying to do that, but I found most of the Billyisms on the song not to my liking.

- Jake
Old 11-26-2003, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by face of glass
I don't mind other line-ups discussed in boards that aren't dedicated to them though; I don't think the whole thing should be THAT strict. I do understand your will to get some more activity into the post-Rumours board, but then again I've always thought of that board as a sanctuary for those who occasionally get sick of the fuss around the Rumours line-up.
Just to be clear, I don't think it should be THAT strict either and it obviously isn't, as if it was, then this thread would've been moved to the "post Rumours" board long ago I'm sure. I'm glad we agree on this anyways though.

Quote:
Originally posted by face of glass
Didn't ChiliD once try to get some activity into that board by stating that the current line-up is a post-Rumours line-up? And sometimes even you two (or at least ChiliD) start to discuss other line-ups in this forum. I think I see the motive behind that: to remind people that there's life outside Buckingham and Nicks.
Again for clarity: I know you didn't say "force", I'd just like to say so others know what I mean... Though I certainly wouldn't complain if there was more activity on the non BN boards, I'm not trying to force anyone at gun point to go there. As I've said and will always say, I do respect the opinions of others here, even if they differ from mine.

Yeah, "remind" people there's other members/lineups of FM, now that's a word I'm happy to live with, if there must be a motive behind it stated.

For the political reasons I spoke of before, that is why I personally think SYW talk is better here than on "post Rumours". I guess that's one of the few things ChiliD and I disagree on.

John
Old 11-26-2003, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by wetcamelfood
For the political reasons I spoke of before, that is why I personally think SYW talk is better here than on "post Rumours". I guess that's one of the few things ChiliD and I disagree on.
We don't really disagree...as long as it is acknowledged that the current lineup is NOT "the Rumours lineup without Christine", and that it is a completely unique lineup in the history of Fleetwood Mac, I don't care WHERE it is discussed. I actually agree that the Rumours board is probably the least "flammable" site for Say You Will discussions.
Old 11-26-2003, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Okay, what the hell...

1. Hard Feelings
2. Freedom
3. Affairs Of The Heart
4. Love Is Dangerous
5. Save Me
6. When The Sun Goes Down
7. Stand On The Rock
8. Do You Know
9. Skies The Limit
10.Behind The Mask
11. In The Back Of My Mind (overkill!)
12. The Second Time
13. When It Comes To Love
Old 11-26-2003, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't like BTM at all for one simple reason: Stevie sounds like she's asleep. Where's her power???? She sounds very laid back and that may be good for some people, but not for me. I like her when she's on fire.
The vocals of Billy & Rick are..... well, not that good. There's no fire in the album. Billy is trying way too hard to sound like Lindsey except on In The Back Of My Mind, that's about the only song I like.

Debbie

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 11-26-2003, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by The Catdancer
I don't like BTM at all for one simple reason: Stevie sounds like she's asleep.
I like most of the album, but I hate the videos. One main reason is that droopy-eyed puffy-lipped expression on Stevie's klonopin glazed face. Thank goodness she made it through the fog!

- Jake
Old 11-27-2003, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
We don't really disagree...as long as it is acknowledged that the current lineup is NOT "the Rumours lineup without Christine", and that it is a completely unique lineup in the history of Fleetwood Mac, I don't care WHERE it is discussed. I actually agree that the Rumours board is probably the least "flammable" site for Say You Will discussions.
Yeah, when you word it that way, I agree (that it would be "another lineup", like it being part of that "FM family tree" we had been working on with Brian, Johnny Stew, etc. (sorry for not noting the others involved that may be reading this too, it's just been a while since I've seen that thread now).

You got to the crux of the matter in one sentence which I was unable to do in a paragraph (sort of the equivelant of the "1 meaningful Peter Green note over Clapton's 5", does that make me God then? ), yep, SYW talk is best here I feel for it being the least flammable board for SYW talk.

John