Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Pagans/Wiccans/Other

Just figured i'd find out how many of us are under that category and a bit of info if you'd like. Just cause i'm curious! If you don't wanna post then pm me.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I seek a balanced cosmos, the harmony of the Tao. However, I also worship the Babylonian sun god, Marduk, & adhere to the revenge code of Hammurabi: "An eye for an eye, & a tooth for a tooth."

Therefore, I call myself an animistic, divine Ishtarite with Taoist leanings.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-23-2009, 01:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I outed myself as a Druid over in the "Do you think it's over" thread on the Rumours forum .

Old 09-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

David that is a mouthful my friend! I don't think I got a word of that. I outed myself a long time ago!

Old 09-23-2009, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~GoldDustWoman~ View Post
David that is a mouthful my friend! I don't think I got a word of that. I outed myself a long time ago!
He's "part hippie" and loves hanging out and having a good time and partying, but you don't want to piss him off.

JUST teasin' 'ya, David!!! . . .
Old 09-23-2009, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm a very recent "convert" after being raised in a very Christian environment I was already an agnostic by the time I was 18 leaning toward atheism at times then while hiking in some of the spectacular forests around here I had a kind of spiritual awakening that was pretty transcendent and have had others since then .I'd have to call it nothing short of an epihany really.I've always been a granola chomping tree hugging type but now I hug the trees in a more literal way.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Well David I see your a hippie, i'm pretty hippie-ish myself!
Good for the epiphany! I was raised as a Pentecostal then converted to Catholicism when 17 after the death of my adopted mom but at the same time was interested in Wicca and went back and forth for years. Finally after joining the Marines while in Japan I decided to practice Wicca. You feel closer to the animals and nature and you know that they hurt and deserve to be more respected. Plus my mother also practices so I have someone who understands me, she's been practicing since before I was born.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I actually was moved into a " Jesus freak" commune here in Cal. when I was a kid by my parents .They were mostly hippies but not the cool stoned free love kind, more like Jim Jones and co.or the ones that accosted Jeremy Spencer in LA..I think that turned me off to organized religion and I think I went too far the other way avoiding all things spirtual then in my late teens I tentatively begin to explore paganism but it wasn't until the last year or so that I realized that it is what I have always been.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

Wow, I just wish people would be more open to learning about other religions instead of being afraid. Like a girl I work with flipped out and wouldn't let me explain that Wicca was good. People are afraid of what they don't understand.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am interested in all types of religions I do believe in God as well I try not to judge other peoples beliefs or religion I am gay and catholic and always have been interested in Wicca too Budhists and other religious beliefs definelty believe in the supernatural of religions too and the spirit world. I do not think one religions i wrong over the other i believe all religions are connected in a way.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Debbie was a "Wiccan", and I wonder what the OHP thought that night (when they came knockin' on the door and once they gave me the BAD news) when the entered our living room and saw the large library of witchcraft/witchcraft related books?

I kept her request alive that no denominational icons be placed on the headstone, though I am tempted to place on the backside of the headstone on her side "I'm with Stupid" and on my side have it state "Yep, I'm the stupid one"!

As for me, I am a practicing "durnfoolidgit"...Remember, practice makes perfect, and I perfected it!!!

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 09-24-2009 at 10:51 AM..
Old 09-25-2009, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I've been a wiccan for almost 10 years. I (and my husband) were raised in baptist homes. I started questioning Christianity around the time I was 11. I was pretty much atheist from 13 until I was 25. I was interested in nature religion but didn't really know where to start. My husband and I learned together about wicca and/or paganism. He refers to himself as a witch. I prefer wiccan. It's good to talk about this here. Where we live is very Baptist, almost to the point of being scared to say you are any alternative religion here. I'm originally from NE Kentucky and moved here to Alabama(Georgia at first) to be with my husband. I'm so glad to know that people on The Ledge are mostly non-judgemental! Thanks!
Old 09-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thanks for the post, I know what it's like my family is mostly very conservative Christian. My mom (She's Wiccan also) sometimes hides it sometimes doesn't, sometimes when she describes what she thinks will happen when we die people look at her like she's crazy. That's why I was bummed that Stevie always denies the whole witch/wiccan thing cause I think she would be an awesome role model for others, oh well. Idk i still hold faith that she doesn't like to admit it. But either way still a good role model in my opinion.

I was suppose to go home to celebrate Samhain with my mother but she is having some problems is having to move up to Cherry Point with me out in town because she wouldn't be able to live on base and she can't come up til after she finishes a CNA course so she'll miss out on celebrating it with me..

Old 09-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

[QUOTE=~GoldDustWoman~;843867]Thanks for the post, I know what it's like my family is mostly very conservative Christian. My mom (She's Wiccan also) sometimes hides it sometimes doesn't, sometimes when she describes what she thinks will happen when we die people look at her like she's crazy. That's why I was bummed that Stevie always denies the whole witch/wiccan thing cause I think she would be an awesome role model for others, oh well. Idk i still hold faith that she doesn't like to admit it. But either way still a good role model in my opinion.

I was suppose to go home to celebrate Samhain with my mother but she is having some problems is having to move up to Cherry Point with me out in town because she wouldn't be able to live on base and she can't come up til after she finishes a CNA course so she'll miss out on celebrating it with me.. [/QUOTE

I agree that it would be nice if Stevie would be clear about what she believes. Still it's nice that, in a way, you have a good role model of a wiccan in your mom. I live away from my family, so I don't really think about how they feel about my beliefs. I know they think it's strange, but they don't say much. My husband's family was really against it at first, (especially his mom) but since she died (about 3 years ago) , no one has really been vocal about it. I often wonder why so many people have such a problem with it. Seems to me that as long as I'm not hurting anyone, it should be my choice.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

[QUOTE=holidayroad;843868]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~GoldDustWoman~ View Post
Thanks for the post, I know what it's like my family is mostly very conservative Christian. My mom (She's Wiccan also) sometimes hides it sometimes doesn't, sometimes when she describes what she thinks will happen when we die people look at her like she's crazy. That's why I was bummed that Stevie always denies the whole witch/wiccan thing cause I think she would be an awesome role model for others, oh well. Idk i still hold faith that she doesn't like to admit it. But either way still a good role model in my opinion.

I was suppose to go home to celebrate Samhain with my mother but she is having some problems is having to move up to Cherry Point with me out in town because she wouldn't be able to live on base and she can't come up til after she finishes a CNA course so she'll miss out on celebrating it with me.. [/QUOTE

I agree that it would be nice if Stevie would be clear about what she believes. Still it's nice that, in a way, you have a good role model of a wiccan in your mom. I live away from my family, so I don't really think about how they feel about my beliefs. I know they think it's strange, but they don't say much. My husband's family was really against it at first, (especially his mom) but since she died (about 3 years ago) , no one has really been vocal about it. I often wonder why so many people have such a problem with it. Seems to me that as long as I'm not hurting anyone, it should be my choice.
I agree I have a pentagram sticker up on my wall and someone pointed out that someone would say something to me. And I had a book on it i was reading at work one day and my Sgt found it and pulled my Cpl in there and was all scared about it. I don't understand, Wicca is a US Government recoginized religion yet i'm so scary to everyone. I felt bad today I was on my way to work and there was a dead snapping turtle on the road at first i thought he was just laying there and I was going to pick him up but I saw the blood on the road and i still wanted to move him to at least make it where he isn't hit again, but I didn't. I can't believe people do that to poor creatures you know? The most important thing to me is the animals and how they need to be respected. Why on earth would I hurt people then you know?