Sarah McLachlan - Surfacing
Alanis - Jagged Little Pill
Motley Crue - Live
Nirvana - Nevermind
" - From the Muddy...
No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom
Pearl Jam - Vitology
Floyd - Delicate Sound of Thunder
Rage Against the Machine - Battle of L.A.
Rush - Chronicles
Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie...
Soundgarden - Down on the Upside
Rod Stewart - Unplugged
Styx - GH
Tragically Hip - Music @ Work
U2 - How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
Van Halen - Balance
" - Right Here, Right Now

Yeah, I'm bored tonight. Some of these are obviously just crap (Van Halen Balance, that Bon Jovi one), some I bought for hubby but he never listens to them (Creed, Pumpkins, Crue), some I've outgrown (No Doubt, Everclear, Live), some I like the artist but their other albums are so much better (Tori, Heart, Nirvana.) Some of them I just have NO desire to listen to. Ever again (Floyd, Doors.)

OK, so am I the only one who keeps CDs around even thought I never listen to them? Should I keep them? Store them? Sell them? Trade them in?
Old 11-25-2005, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Ya could...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
I have all of the following & never, ever, listen to any of it:

Aerosmith - Pump
" - Get a Grip
Tori Amos - Boys for Pele
Bon Jovi - This Left Feels Right
Bush - 16 Stone
" - Razorblade Suitcase
Creed - all 3 albums
Destiny's Child - Survivor
Best of The Doors
Melissa Etheridge - Yes I Am
Everclear - So Much For the Afterglow
Gin Blossoms - New Miserable Experience
Heart - Brigade
Lenny Kravitz - GH
Live - Throwing Copper
Dave Matthews - Everyday
Sarah McLachlan - Surfacing
Motley Crue - Live
Nirvana - Nevermind
" - From the Muddy...
Pearl Jam - Vitology
Rage Against the Machine - Battle of L.A.
Rush - Chronicles
Soundgarden - Down on the Upside
Rod Stewart - Unplugged
Styx - GH
Tragically Hip - Music @ Work
U2 - How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
Van Halen - Balance
" - Right Here, Right Now

Yeah, I'm bored tonight. Some of these are obviously just crap (Van Halen Balance, that Bon Jovi one), some I bought for hubby but he never listens to them (Creed, Pumpkins, Crue), some I've outgrown (No Doubt, Everclear, Live), some I like the artist but their other albums are so much better (Tori, Heart, Nirvana.) Some of them I just have NO desire to listen to. Ever again (Floyd, Doors.)

OK, so am I the only one who keeps CDs around even thought I never listen to them? Should I keep them? Store them? Sell them? Trade them in?
trade 'em to someone who may be able to trade you CDR's/DVD's back to you....

I definitely know "someone" who would be interested in a few that you listed above.

Oh, I listen to everything I own...Depending on my mood, So I never part with my collection.

Oh, On VH1 Classic at this exact moment is a live music video from 1977 entitled "Rhiannon" by some damn hippie lookin' group.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 11-25-2005, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, I've got a few of those, too. I actually did get rid of some CDs earlier this year that I hadn't listened to in a long time and knew I didn't care to listen to ever again (like a Dave Matthews studio album). I kept a bunch more that I hadn't listened to in years but thought I might someday want to hear again (like a Dave Matthews live album).

Now that I use iTunes and listen to music almost exclusively on my iPod, I'm really interested to see in a year or two what things I still never listen to. Right now I've got 7566 songs, and in the past two and a half months, I've listened to
2688 of them, meaning I've got 4878 songs that remain unplayed. Got a feeling I'm never gonna get around to some of those Doors tracks either, though...
Old 11-25-2005, 08:41 PM
GateandGarden
This message has been deleted by GateandGarden.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't ever listen to about 90% of my collection and I own about 400 or so cds.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky
I don't ever listen to about 90% of my collection and I own about 400 or so cds.
Same here. I think the only Fleetwood Mac album I listen to on a regular basis is "Mystery To Me" and some Bob Welch-era bootlegs. Actually, I've been listening to classic Country compilations more than anything these days.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-25-2005, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It is really satisfying to trade cds: you clear out some space, and come home with some new music that feels like it was a free gift. Of course, I have many many cds and records, and tapes that are only pulled out for a listen once a year, if that. I usually sell ones that I bought taking a chance, and ended up not liking.
If you bought any of those cds for one or two songs that you liked, then you should rip those, and make a compilation or something. I sold quite a few LPs in the 80's, and I ended up looking for them in my collection later, just to hear a couple of the songs I had liked.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:28 AM
HomerMcvie
This message has been deleted by HomerMcvie.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've really pared my cd collection down. I have 3 bands which I'm very passionate about. #1 of course being Fleetwood Mac, followed by The Sundays and The Stereophonics. I have also some cd's from a band I like called Acoustic Alchemy, just something different to listen to once in awhile. There just isnt enough time for me to devote to alot of other good music, so I concentrate on the ones I'm most passionate about.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I cannot part with my cd's or lp's or even the musiccassettes that are 15 years old and I NEVER listen to. Even bad buys, have to keep them. I'm sure there's some psychological explanation for it.
Ha.. haven't listened to U2's latest much at all either. Thought it was a bit of a dissappointment
It does bother me when I burn something new and then I don't get to listen to it because I got something else at the same time. Have plenty of that stuff lying around.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Some of them I just have NO desire to listen to. Ever again (Floyd, Doors.)
You'll never listen to Pink Floyd or The Doors again? I say trade them in for something you will listen to then.
It's weird. I'll go for a while not listening to something and then all of a sudden I want to hear it.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
You'll never listen to Pink Floyd or The Doors again? I say trade them in for something you will listen to then.
It's weird. I'll go for a while not listening to something and then all of a sudden I want to hear it.

I think it's the fact that they are both terribly overplayed here on our classic rock station. I may do what Ragandbone suggested & rip the songs I like, then trade the CDs themselves.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it's the fact that they are both terribly overplayed here on our classic rock station.
Ha! The Doors and Pink Floyd (and Zeppelin) were almost ruined for me too for exactly the same reason. I had a part-time job several years ago at which I could listen to the radio, and the only remotely decent station in south Florida was the classic rock station, so I listened to it almost every day. So many great artists they never played, but lord, they could never get enough Floyd/Zeppelin/Doors. To this day, I really don't listen to any of those bands much because I just got so burnt out on them. Stevie Ray Vaughan and George Thorogood are in that league too.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Older songs-

The saddest part of "classic " radio stations is that they play the SAME songs, by the SAME Artists-over and over and over...

Paula, listen to your Floyd and Door's CD's -they have EXCELLENT tunes on them that you do not hear on the radio. (unless, of course you bought the greatest hits-then, well...what can I say?

Take FM for example, with all the somgs they have written and recorded- When you listen to the "classic station" you get:
Dreams, Rhiannan, Go your own way, maybe a Gold Dust Woman thrown in for good measure, and Don't stop thinking about tomorrow, Sara and blah blah blah

With all the FM and Stevie music I listen to- those are the songs I generally skip (some times )
There are many good songs on many CD's you just have too listen to the WHOLE album-IMO

Oh yeah and Hillary-Throw out all 4 you mentioned !!
Please
hugs,

For never have I been a blue calm sea...I have always been a storm, always been a storm... sln
~~eclipse~~

Last edited by eclipse; 11-26-2005 at 06:43 PM.. Reason: type
Old 11-26-2005, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have all of the following & never, ever, listen to any of it:

Tori Amos - Boys for Pele
Melissa Etheridge - Yes I Am
I cant beleive that you dont listen to these albums - Jagged Little Pill is one of my fav albums
Old 11-26-2005, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse
The saddest part of "classic " radio stations is that they play the SAME songs, by the SAME Artists-over and over and over...
It's truly depressing, and not only that, but there seem to be a ton of incredible artists that classic rock stations never play. David Bowie, Elvis Costello, Talking Heads... I mean, admittedly, these folks aren't exactly "classic rock," but they are certainly classic and they are certainly rock.

Quote:
Take FM for example, with all the somgs they have written and recorded- When you listen to the "classic station" you get:
Dreams, Rhiannan, Go your own way, maybe a Gold Dust Woman thrown in for good measure, and Don't stop thinking about tomorrow, Sara and blah blah blah
And of course, what's even more depressing, change just a few words in your sentence...

Take FM for example, with all the somgs they have written and recorded- When you see them in concert you get:

...and it's still true.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking You have a point

At least they are alive and performing live

No Jim Morrison to see do the same songs over and over

For never have I been a blue calm sea...I have always been a storm, always been a storm... sln
~~eclipse~~