Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-10-2005, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Games people play

Ok, what's the deal with game players? I gave this friend of mine some money awhile back, and I still havent gotten it, almost 3 months after I gave it to him . Now I realize that I'm the one that chose to give him the money, so I have no one to blame but myself, but I just dont understand why he has to constantly make excuses not to give it to me. I know he has it now, and it seems to me that he's using my friendship to stall me. I know I'm whining here, but I dont understand why people are that way. I'm probably extremely naive, but I believe in helping people when they need it if I can, and it's frustrating when u get S**t on aster you do something nice for someone else. Incedentally, the amount was $1,000.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

people suck.

there, you have your answer.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by belladonna.
people suck.

there, you have your answer.
Well put. But I still want to have some faith, for whatever that's worth
Old 09-10-2005, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
Ok, what's the deal with game players? I gave this friend of mine some money awhile back, and I still havent gotten it, almost 3 months after I gave it to him . Now I realize that I'm the one that chose to give him the money, so I have no one to blame but myself, but I just dont understand why he has to constantly make excuses not to give it to me. I know he has it now, and it seems to me that he's using my friendship to stall me. I know I'm whining here, but I dont understand why people are that way. I'm probably extremely naive, but I believe in helping people when they need it if I can, and it's frustrating when u get S**t on aster you do something nice for someone else. Incedentally, the amount was $1,000.
I learned a loooooooong time ago that I never loan people money - I'll just give it to them and if they pay me back, I'll just be astounded. I just got too tired of asking people to pay me back. Also, I do not give it out like I used to

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-10-2005, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Dear David -
Can I borrow $1000???

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ok, what's the deal with game players? I gave this friend of mine some money awhile back, and I still havent gotten it, almost 3 months after I gave it to him .
If you wish to keep a friend,

Never borrow,

Never lend.

Old 09-10-2005, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

David, Im sorry your friend let you down. that IS a lot of money and I think you are justified for being disappointed, especially if you know he could pay you back but isnt. if you confront him, you'll probably end up in a fight, and if you dont say anything you'll resent him more with each passing day. its a tough one alright.....Im thinking he wasnt much of a friend and maybe you should cut your losses and move on? but its up to you, so Good Luck
Old 09-11-2005, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow David...

There's being generous and there's being taken advantage of. You should politely ask him if he could pay you back because (even if it's a lil white lie, but it actually may NOT be) you need it for something important.

My mom is really bad about lending people money and I always argue with her about it. She's been taken advantage of so many times by family and friends.

I've borrowed from friends, but I ALWAYS pay them back. I owe my friend a dollar, and I cannot wait to see her again to give it to her...it's driving me nuts. LOL I don't like debt!
Old 09-11-2005, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default goodness gracious

I was upset that my friend owed me $40 for 6 months..whew

but I agree with the person above. Maybe tell them you need if for something important. Maybe they'll make some effort at least.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I was always taught that if you want to see the money again - then don't lend it out - either give it - or don't at all.

I can understand your being upset though - $1,000 is a lot of money! I can't even imagine borrowing that much money from someone...

I have a friend who is CONSTANTLY having financial problems - but she's an idiot...not responsible at all...

once...just one time she asked to borrow 5 bucks for an ice cream lol - so I gave it to her, she repeatedly...through the whole night kept saying,"I'll pay you back tomorrow..." five months later - no $5 - but it's no big - I never expected to see it again....now 5 bucks is a far cry from 1,000 bucks.

Some people are just weird about money.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:40 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:

David, for days now I'm trying to remember who you remind me of and it hit me! you look like that guy in the first Mission Impossible movie who gets sick while Tom Cruise is trying to steal the information on the computer at Langley.

ANYWAY...never ever ever ever let people borrow money. I let my TWIN BROTHER of all people borrow over a G and I have not gotten it back...and that was over a year ago. When it comes to money, you're really "giving" it someone, not loaning it.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Dear David -
Can I borrow $1000???

If I had it now that is.... Oh well, live and learn
Old 09-12-2005, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
Well I was always taught that if you want to see the money again - then don't lend it out - either give it - or don't at all.

I can understand your being upset though - $1,000 is a lot of money! I can't even imagine borrowing that much money from someone...

I have a friend who is CONSTANTLY having financial problems - but she's an idiot...not responsible at all...

once...just one time she asked to borrow 5 bucks for an ice cream lol - so I gave it to her, she repeatedly...through the whole night kept saying,"I'll pay you back tomorrow..." five months later - no $5 - but it's no big - I never expected to see it again....now 5 bucks is a far cry from 1,000 bucks.

Some people are just weird about money.
You know, I'll be the first to admit that I'm terribly irresponsible with money as well. I couold tell a few stories as to why, but I'd need like a year of you're time.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon
David, for days now I'm trying to remember who you remind me of and it hit me! you look like that guy in the first Mission Impossible movie who gets sick while Tom Cruise is trying to steal the information on the computer at Langley.

ANYWAY...never ever ever ever let people borrow money. I let my TWIN BROTHER of all people borrow over a G and I have not gotten it back...and that was over a year ago. When it comes to money, you're really "giving" it someone, not loaning it.
I hope that's a compliment. At least you didnt tell me I look like Charles Manson or something like that.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
There's being generous and there's being taken advantage of. You should politely ask him if he could pay you back because (even if it's a lil white lie, but it actually may NOT be) you need it for something important.

My mom is really bad about lending people money and I always argue with her about it. She's been taken advantage of so many times by family and friends.

I've borrowed from friends, but I ALWAYS pay them back. I owe my friend a dollar, and I cannot wait to see her again to give it to her...it's driving me nuts. LOL I don't like debt!
I dont like debt either, but it sure loves me.....