The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-23-2005, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Desperate Housewives Season Finale!!

SO??? Did you all see it??

I was SHOCKED....SHOCKED!!!!!

SPOILER AHEAD IF YOU TIVO'D IT _ OR HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET!!!!!!!!

I was not expecting REx to die - that totally took me by surprise....

that, however, was pretty much the only thing I was shocked by I had pretty much pieced together the whole Dana/Deirdre thing....

I was actually a bit surprised when Zack started beating the crap outta Huber's sister....

Anyway - yikes..poor Bree...I can't believe Rex died....
Old 05-23-2005, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Rumour has it that Rex may not actually be dead - that the MD lied to Bree to see how she would react since he thinks Bree was OD'ing Rex on Potassium. They did say someone would die the last ep, though, so I think he's really gone.

Anyone think Mike may be Zach's biological dad?

I thought the Lynette/Tom thing was great. It was pretty low of her, so it kind of serves her right.

The new family - buying a house over the phone & then not letting Edie in? Hmmmmm....
Old 05-23-2005, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Rumour has it that Rex may not actually be dead - that the MD lied to Bree to see how she would react since he thinks Bree was OD'ing Rex on Potassium. They did say someone would die the last ep, though, so I think he's really gone.

Anyone think Mike may be Zach's biological dad?

I thought the Lynette/Tom thing was great. It was pretty low of her, so it kind of serves her right.

The new family - buying a house over the phone & then not letting Edie in? Hmmmmm....
I missed the first 10 minutes and asked my roommate what I missed and she rattled off like 10 things, I'm like "all that happened in 10 minutes?"

I was shocked by Rex dying too. :-( Bree definitely did not need that after the awful year she's had. She's going to have to be locked up now, she's gonna crack. I hate that creepy, rotten pharmacist.

The whole Mr. Mom thing could be quite funny! Oh Lynette, what have you done? I like that twist alot. Will Zach kill Mike before he learns he didn't kill his Dad? What a cliffhanger!

And Gabrielle on the stand, bwahahahahaha, she was funny. I don't know why John picked that moment to tell Carlos, that was odd. Blablablabla...
Old 05-23-2005, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I definitely think Mike is Zach's biological dad.

I knew that a "major" character was supposed to die, and I didn't figure it would be one of the girls. I was thinking either Rex or Huber's sister. So, if Rex really is still alive....whatta twist that'll be! How Bree-like of her to finish polishing silver before she broke down, huh?

Did anyone else expect to hear a gunshot when Mike walked in the dark house during the last scene???

Oh, and Edie "you want me to stick what where?" when Susan was trying to tell her about Zach holding a gun to her back---too funny!!
Old 05-23-2005, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondaymornin1

I knew that a "major" character was supposed to die, and I didn't figure it would be one of the girls. I was thinking either Rex or Huber's sister. So, if Rex really is still alive....whatta twist that'll be! How Bree-like of her to finish polishing silver before she broke down, huh?

Did anyone else expect to hear a gunshot when Mike walked in the dark house during the last scene???

Oh, and Edie "you want me to stick what where?" when Susan was trying to tell her about Zach holding a gun to her back---too funny!!

I don't know - I think Bree finished the polishing was great - mostly because of the symbolism of it - I mean she had just told Rex why she saved it til last - I actually thought that was just a powerful and sad moment

That's going to make me SO mad if Rex is still alive lol - because if the doctor judges Bree's reaction by what he heard over the phone? That won't be so good...

I also expected to hear the gunshot when Mike walked into the door...oh well

Season 1 is already set to come out on DVD in September!
Old 05-23-2005, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Me, too. I've thought that for weeks.

I was disappointed with it, it was nothing special. Rex dying was a kick in the pants, but that was about it. They really screwed it up by not having it as a two hour finale and not introducing Alfre Woodard and her family more. Might as well just have waited until next year because it was a waste of time. The ending with Mike walking into his house was so incredibly lackluster that I laughed, especially when the producers have been saying it was going to be a finale of "Who Shot J.R.?" proportions. As for Tom and Lynette, they've been stringing us along in regards to him having an affair and it still didn't come out one way or the other. Garrrrrrr.

And why did Zach have a shovel in his room? Why were the lights off before Mike walked into his house, but they were magically on when he did?!

Old 05-23-2005, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought it was a GREAT finale!

I like the idea that Rex might still be alive, but I kind of doubt it since, when any publicity is done regarding the men of DH, he's the only one absent.

The whole Edie/Susan exchange ("Stick it up my what?") had me howling. And, again, Eva Longoria stole the show with her uppidy theatrics. I love her character.

And yes, I do think Mike is Zack's/Dana's father as well.

I'm gonna miss the show this summer...

rbs
Old 05-23-2005, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
And why did Zach have a shovel in his room?
It was actually a hockey stick.

I was expecting to hear a gunshot moments after Mike entered the house in the final scene, so it seemed anti-climatic.

I think Mrs. Tillman (is that her name? Harriet Sansom-Harris' character) is who's actually dead, and that Rex's death is a ruse to determine whether Bree was trying to kill him or not.
If he is indeed alive, it'll be really interesting to see how she reacts to the news that her husband faked his death.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew

I was expecting to hear a gunshot moments after Mike entered the house in the final scene, so it seemed anti-climatic.

I think Mrs. Tillman (is that her name? Harriet Sansom-Harris' character) is who's actually dead, and that Rex's death is a ruse to determine whether Bree was trying to kill him or not.
If he is indeed alive, it'll be really interesting to see how she reacts to the news that her husband faked his death.

Except when Edie went to Mike's to talk to Susan she mentioned that Mrs. Tillman or whatever was attacked Leading me to think that she is alive - but in bad shape?

Though I don't know - a beating with a hockey stick...that Zack is one messed up kid
Old 05-23-2005, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb Me.

Quote:

I was totally expecting to hear a shot...then, nope.

Not sure Rex is dead yet...we didn't see him die, only a phone call from the doctor who was being a total jacka$$ at the hospital with Rex about Bree. I love Rex, I don't wanna see him gone!!!
Old 05-24-2005, 05:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've thought about Mike being Zach's dad for a few weeks too.... I don't think he's going to kill him though.

That whole scene where the Dr. called Bree... she just sat there in her anal-retentive way and finished her silver, smoothed the table cloth, and finally they made her let loose and be hysterical... I was bawling right along with her.

Gabrielle and Carlos...they crack me up. When John said to Carlos something to the effect "haven't you noticed your lawn is the only lawn on Wisteria Lane that needed mowing 3 times a week..." I was crackin' up. I'm gonna be bored all summer.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

i cried when rex died also, i like rex, i keep remembering the scene where he tells bree about his little fetish & she says "u want me 2 hurt u", & whamo a smack right in the kisser ~ i am hoping that it is ms tillman dead & not rex~ the whole edie & susan thing was awesome & gabrielle & carlos, man u gotta love them, can't wait until next yr!!! ~
Old 05-24-2005, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew

Edie said that she was in the hospital, not dead. And Stephen Culp was on Leno last night and said he was truly dead. Sucks, because I liked him a lot. They should have killed off Carlos, I can't stand him!

Old 05-24-2005, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Edie said that she was in the hospital, not dead. And Stephen Culp was on Leno last night and said he was truly dead. Sucks, because I liked him a lot. They should have killed off Carlos, I can't stand him!

Killing off Carlos would be a plus

I KNEW Mrs. Tillman wasn't dead (at least not yet) because Edie had gone to Mike's to tell Susan that she was attacked...not dead...
Old 05-24-2005, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
Killing off Carlos would be a plus

I KNEW Mrs. Tillman wasn't dead (at least not yet) because Edie had gone to Mike's to tell Susan that she was attacked...not dead...
I love Mrs. Tillman, so I pray she's not dead. She adds such humour to the show. Alfre Woodard is supposed to have something to do with the Mary Alice/Deirdre thing, so that should be interesting next year. And I'm SO looking forward to Lynette going back to work.